So I played with cipher in my party only once, back in first PoE and I'm not sure what works really well with that class in Deadfire. I would like to use Ydwin (probably as single-class cipher) for CC (freightening effects especially but I don't mind other afflictions and raw damage) and ranged weapons. I guess blunderbus are still awesome for building focus?

Most builds on this forum are focused on Ascendant or Soul Blade subclass. I'm looking for something specifically designed for Ydwin - in terms of gear mostly and hidden synergies.

giphy.gif

So I played with cipher in my party only once, back in first PoE and I'm not sure what works really well with that class in Deadfire. I would like to use Ydwin (probably as single-class cipher) for CC (freightening effects especially but I don't mind other afflictions and raw damage) and ranged weapons. I guess blunderbus are still awesome for building focus?

Most builds on this forum are focused on Ascendant or Soul Blade subclass. I'm looking for something specifically designed for Ydwin - in terms of gear mostly and hidden synergies.

I would recommend you to select her as a full cipher... what I did was that using dual maces and superb war bow... set her as a charming and dominating specific having all the charming, damaging and controlling skills + the cipher passive skills for penetration. I did this because I needed her for the beast of winter quest and one of the hardest things of this request was killing the messenger. he had a risen paladin with great buff and constitution, also had great mind defenses so I had this great cipher which dominated this minion and put the messenger to fight it... it was great...

• Like 1

I would recommend you to select her as a full cipher... what I did was that using dual maces and superb war bow... set her as a charming and dominating specific having all the charming, damaging and controlling skills + the cipher passive skills for penetration. I did this because I needed her for the beast of winter quest and one of the hardest things of this request was killing the messenger. he had a risen paladin with great buff and constitution, also had great mind defenses so I had this great cipher which dominated this minion and put the messenger to fight it... it was great...

Controlling enemies is always fun in PoE. Good for solo runs.

• Like 1

giphy.gif