[3.0.2] Eccea's Arcane Blaster's Bullet-Time doesn't work very well (guns have a minimum reload time)

thelee

Question

It's supposed to completely remove recovery, but I think there's a bug with guns where there's always a minimum reloading time. I feel like there was a general issue like this a while ago, but I thought minimum reload times was fixed.

expect Bullet-Time to act more like how The Red Hand works, which fires twice in a row without any reloading break. So I would expect Bullet-Time to let me fire continuously for ~5-6 seconds. Instead, it acts merely as if I am very, very fast, which while still an upgrade is not quite as good as being able to fire repeatedly without pause.

Here's a youtube video that I uploaded demonstrating how even with "0.0" reloading time I am still reloading for a decent amount of time in between each shot (albeit still pretty fast). The duration on Bullet-Time is extremely long because I hit myself with Salvation of Time to test the effectiveness of this combo :p. (Note that in fact, on my first test run of this I barely even noticed Bullet-Time was triggering because with Rapid Reload enabled on a dual-wielding character my reload time is already pretty low.) In the first bit of the video I show that I have a bullet-time buff active, then I show that my reloading time is 0.0 and then rest of it is my hireling repeatedly shooting at poor Birna with reloads.

Related, secondary bug: Bullet-Time has no displayed effect next to a character portrait or in combat tool-tip. I mean, neither do some other effects but it seems like it would be nice to see it triggered so even in the ~5-6s (up to 35s from two casts of Salvation of Time), I can respond appropriately (disabling rapid reload and enabling the imbued ammuniation modal for example).

Dropbox link to a save where I'm testing this, along with output_log: 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s49gbpstwnwjurp/AAD4uol_4-4UA2GP3mBJ4cV9a?dl=0

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

Hey Thelee,

I sent a big report with all of your detailed information to the Systems Design team so they can investigate the attack time, recovery, and reload speed of this and make a decision on what may need to be done here.  Thank you for looking into this for us as it saves a ton of time on the back end since they always have bugs to fix.  if you discover any more, please feel free to continue posting about it as I linked this thread to the bug report as a reference.

Thanks again Thelee!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gel214th said:

Was this ever fixed? 

unfortunately no - i tested it myself a week or so ago. it's actually a little bit more broken than one might think -  I thought it still might be OK for a non-dualwielded setup, but in practice it's not even great for that because the recovery bonus doesn't start applying until the next reload after it triggers, which means given its extremely short duration buff, you'll waste most of it reloading as normal, and then have like one shot with a short (still non-zero) reload.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 12:19 PM, thelee said:

unfortunately no - i tested it myself a week or so ago. it's actually a little bit more broken than one might think -

Well I've seen no way to avoid the long reload animations for firearms. It makes them feel very clunky and I realise I'm not going to be able to have a slick gunslinger type character lol. In fact I have never seen this trigger on the Blaster for my character in the short time I tested. I think I will try to modify it to 100% just to see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Gel214th said:

Well I've seen no way to avoid the long reload animations for firearms. It makes them feel very clunky and I realise I'm not going to be able to have a slick gunslinger type character lol. In fact I have never seen this trigger on the Blaster for my character in the short time I tested. I think I will try to modify it to 100% just to see what happens. 

there's an arquebus that gives you multiple shots per reload - that might be up your alley. it really feels like a double-barreled shotgun that you're quickly hip-firing. that's how they probably should have done eccea's arcane blaster - give it a bunch of shots per reload.

8 hours ago, thelee said:

there's an arquebus that gives you multiple shots per reload - that might be up your alley. it really feels like a double-barreled shotgun that you're quickly hip-firing. that's how they probably should have done eccea's arcane blaster - give it a bunch of shots per reload.

I modded the blaster to fire six shots before reloading, and it works as expected.  Usual, drop the folder into the override directory if you want to see how it would play that way. I still was unable to get the Bullettime effect to trigger with the blaster. 

Eccea Mod.zip