More asian faces in Star Wars?

Think there should be at least a couple Asian NPC's in STL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Think there should be at least a couple Asian NPC's in STL?

• Yeah, there should be.
    • Nah, I prefer meeting white and black people. (j/k)

Not trying to make a big deal or anything, but I don't think there's enough asians in the Star Wars universe. Haven't seen an asian in any episode lol. What do you guys think?

Well for random npcs that you meet than yes but if you mean head models i think we should be able to chose the skin color no matter what their hair looks like

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Not trying to make a big deal or anything, but I don't think there's enough asians in the Star Wars universe. Haven't seen an asian in any episode lol. What do you guys think?

My only question is why do u only post in the suggestions thread? Most people dont come here. This is about the only topic u have posted that is a suggestion. You should try posting in the general dicussion forum, you might get more replies to your topic. :blink:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I just wanted to give my input to the devs, you know, throw some ideas around for them to see, that's why I post here. lol won't be here for too long anyways, going to boot camp in 2 weeks, so just wanna throw as many of my ideas as I can around.

Well from what I saw there was a good 2 or 3 chinese/japanese looking PC heads in the game. But if you mean for the NPC's then the thing I would want more would be more varied ones!

But I will agree with you that the game was lacking in Pakistani/Indian looking faces, but i wouldnt make any kind of slight let alone big deal out of it, because I wouldnt class it as anywhere near important to me :p in fact it never crossed my mind until you brought it up

No what we realy need in a npc that looks like micheal moore, a fat, dumb, lazy, and semi-wealthy and that would remind me of good old america.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

No what we realy need in a npc that looks like micheal moore, a fat, dumb, lazy, and semi-wealthy and that would remind me of good old america.

we need one or two npc's that look like micheal jackson running after after micheal moore when he was a kid screaming in high pitch and grabing their crotch to make it really distrubing...

Every sex/race/religion? Maybe you don't read too good. No, I just said add asian in with the others. Any problems with that? Nope, good.

Thats not the point. Would it really make you feel better about yourself to see a solitary token minority in a game?

"Token minority"? I was just asking for a face. Will it make you feel worse to see a group of NPCs who are of a different race? I'll feel sorry if so.

There should be more diversity in games in general. Except Grand Theft Auto it seems in most games all people in the world are white or in the case of Japanese anime style adventure or RPGs Asian which makes more sense though since thier country is not as diverse as ours. In other game genres there is a lack of diversity though. Its never really bothered this young black boy, butmore diversity would make since and would add realism to a game in an urban enviroment.

Diversity should focus moreso on humans and aliens in Star Wars KOTOR most NPCs are human which doesn't make sense on most planets where they aren't native species one of the things I meant when saying each planet should have a unique feel. Why can't one planet have mores Duros than humans for example. Why does every Republic or Sith soldier have to be human? I doubt the galaxy is mostly human. They always seem to have the most power. I also wonder why many ugly aliens are evil.

I agree mastaSAW, diversity of humans would add to the immersion of the game. Also, some of the Sith soldiers are Twi'lek. Maybe they don't have to be human, just humanoid.

But in terms of human races, it would be neat if made-up races were added. Like blue/green haired people, or completely white-haired purple skin people? Or... maybe not. Just current, real world races.

And Ghost, I think that's called discrimination at best. Wouldn't you agree?

And Ghost, I think that's called discrimination at best. Wouldn't you agree?

Not necessarily. Just because a certain race or ethnicity isn't used in a setting, doesn't make it descrimination. If that's the case, then are all those Kung-Fu and Samarai movies (except for the one with Tom Cruise) descriminating? Last time I saw, the ratio of asian to white/black men was about 10:1, with the one white man being the evil westerner that gets his head chopped off.

Certain FANTASY settings have a certain look for a character. It just happens that George Lucas has decided upon which races he'll use. Please don't turn this into a race issue, when there are other "genres" that do the exact same type of, as you called it, "descrimination" against whites and blacks.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think it was cool in KOTOR 1 that there at least some Asian faces and skin color.

We really need to have mixed races, too. Half Thai/Half African-American (so Tiger Woods can play), and Half Thai/Half White German (so I can play) :D

But all kidding aside, I'm happy that Asians were represented. It helped me feel like I was part of the game.

The bald Asian dude was the best-looking Dark Side character, IMHO. Like Ming the Merciless with a lightsaber.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?