If you look closely on the picture you see thin lines from each logo, both top and bottom. Unfortunately Sanctum dlc and Patch 4.0 have lines to mid december.

And here I was hoping for a November release. :(

I swear I didn't notice that before. :facepalm:

That is bad, but on the bright side all the stuff under the timeline is happening before when I thought it would. :)

sign.jpg

I never trust release schedules. Just looking at this one, we're already overdue for another mega-boss.

If they released 3.1 this week along with the megaboss, that’d be roughly aligned with the schedule. We would still end up slightly delayed on the rest, likely, but the schedule itself was an FYI more than commitment anyway.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I suppose this DLC trend implies that a game should be bought approximately six months after release, at the earliest. That way, you get the DLCs pretty much straight away and most of the bugs have been ironed out.

(This attitude is quite strongly based on the idea that a game like this is going to be played once.)

I suppose this DLC trend implies that a game should be bought approximately six months after release, at the earliest. That way, you get the DLCs pretty much straight away and most of the bugs have been ironed out.

(This attitude is quite strongly based on the idea that a game like this is going to be played once.)

I had this exact problem with Tyranny. Got it on release and I've been trying to justify getting the DLC and starting over but I simply can't (plus the fact that everyone keeps saying that the Tyranny DLC is underwhelming doesn't help). I've played BG so many times I lost count but I can't find the motivation to replay Tyranny, I did start and lost steam when I ended up taking another route just for the sake of it (the first time I went for the Anarchist path and it was a blast). 

I think the main difference between Pillars and Tyranny is that Pillars is less focused on what happens off the screen. Tyranny has too much of that (in my opinion there is a disconnection between the narrative and the gameplay). 

Plus from what (little) I've read about Deadfire DLC it looks like they do a lot more for the game. 

Whoa, xzar_monty, where did you get the idea that a game like Deadfire is only played once? Seems to me like this is exactly the type of game you play forever, because each time can be different. Games like Call of Duty are played once because story is always the same. Maybe also behemoths like Witcher or Skyrim because they are too long to start over again. If anything a new DLC is a good oportunity to create a new character that’ll fit it best like pale elf for BoW or wizard for Sanctum.

As for Tyranny, gloomseeker, that’s part of it’s charm: that your actions are just some part of the whole story and you can’t influence everything. Even at the very start with the Conquest you can’t go to all places and can’t even deal with all the problems in this places as time runs out. And as for replayability I’d say that it’s the best isometric RPG for that, since even at the start you get completely different treatment depending on your choices. The game loses momentum further on, but the first two Acts are gold when it comes to creating a different experience each time. Hell, after this new Patch even when siding with the same faction your story can be different: one of my favourites is aiding Scarlet Chorus all the time only to gather evidence on them, put Voices on a fair, just trial and execute him for his crimes. If you don’t start a war afterwards but bow to Kyros you’re basically the best undercover agent in history, who did his job and got a kingdom as a reward.

Whoa, xzar_monty, where did you get the idea that a game like Deadfire is only played once?

From the fact of having played it for a while. (I'm close to level 9.) I cannot see myself playing this again after finishing it once. I also only played PoE all the way through just once and no longer even have it on my computer.

The second time would be the same, in essence: same conversations, same factions, same story, same encounters. Nothing random in the game, it seems to me. I agree that different choices can be made, but that doesn't warrant a new playthrough, in my view.

Edited by xzar_monty

Whoa, xzar_monty, where did you get the idea that a game like Deadfire is only played once?

From the fact of having played it for a while. (I'm close to level 9.) I cannot see myself playing this again after finishing it once. I also only played PoE all the way through just once and no longer even have it on my computer.

The second time would be the same, in essence: same conversations, same factions, same story, same encounters. Nothing random in the game, it seems to me. I agree that different choices can be made, but that doesn't warrant a new playthrough, in my view.

You’re arguing that your personal preferences means no one plays the game more than once?

• Like 1

You’re arguing that your personal preferences means no one plays the game more than once?

Get serious. Why on earth would I do that, and where do you get the idea I have? Of course I'm not arguing that. Whichever way anyone else plays the game is just fine.

As for Tyranny, gloomseeker, that’s part of it’s charm: that your actions are just some part of the whole story and you can’t influence everything. Even at the very start with the Conquest you can’t go to all places and can’t even deal with all the problems in this places as time runs out. And as for replayability I’d say that it’s the best isometric RPG for that, since even at the start you get completely different treatment depending on your choices. The game loses momentum further on, but the first two Acts are gold when it comes to creating a different experience each time. Hell, after this new Patch even when siding with the same faction your story can be different: one of my favourites is aiding Scarlet Chorus all the time only to gather evidence on them, put Voices on a fair, just trial and execute him for his crimes. If you don’t start a war afterwards but bow to Kyros you’re basically the best undercover agent in history, who did his job and got a kingdom as a reward.

To me that's exactly the opposite when it comes to replayability. I absolutely disliked going out of my way to try and see if things were going to play out differently just to find out that in fact it didn't change much after all. 

I think I've been spoiled by the Anarchy finale which I've enjoyed a lot. 

I've got mixed feelings about Tyranny. I liked it a lot better than Pillars when I first played it but then I had such a hard time trying to get back into Tyranny whereas I've been able to approach Pillars in different ways and still find some fun to be had. 

They really botched the ending for Tyranny and from what I've read the Bastard Wound DLC is no White March so it looks like another missed opportunity. 

I've had such a great time playing Deadfire with my evil merc character that I took all through the first game but I think that there is room for another run with a decent character this time around. I will probably switch from Brute to Marauder (I like Barbarians) and leave the spellcasting to NPCs. 

Get serious. Why on earth would I do that, and where do you get the idea I have? Of course I'm not arguing that. Whichever way anyone else plays the game is just fine.

You didn’t - totally misread the post before. Apologies.

Ouch, looks like console versions will release much later than I thought. It looks like quite possibly February or March 2019 if it follows up after the third DLC and 4.0 patch. :(

I agree with you, and to try and make some lemonade from the lemons of waiting for the console release, I will squeeze in another play-through or two on PS4. Find it difficult to obtain the "Relative Pacifism" Trophy, so going to give that a go...

• Like 1

Let's look at the bright side here, if like me you've been waiting for all the content to be released in order to start your second run through Deadfire then you have plenty of time to take a character through the first game if you're so inclined. 

I hadn't even thought of that... do I dare?

• Like 1