Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best roleplay builds

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Cartoons Plural

Cartoons Plural

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts

skaen is woedica like gaun is eothas

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1894 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

skaen is woedica like gaun is eothas

Could be. Like Shar and a minor goddess in Forgotten Realms.

Triple - A Foxy Lad

Triple - A Foxy Lad

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 136 posts
I guess theres an argument to be made that woedica and skaen are twin aspects of punishment - one representing punishment from authority, the other, punishment from below.

The thing i find curious about skaen is that hes the kind of god i could see having traction IRL.

I feel anyone whos lugged pallets on a casual contract, kept their mouth shut out of fear and dreamt about justice could imagine worshipping him.

Credit to obs. Hes a divine archetype that seems incredibly obvious now hes been created, but before it wasnt widespread. Most revenge oriented gods are either lavey-esque sensualists or cold mercykiller types.

I suppose hes kind of a divine version of characters like De Flores from the Changeling or Caliban from The Tempest. Id already mentioned Steerpike elsewhere.

My mythology's not quite up to scratch re: finding an true equivalent. There have always been resentful trickster gods and hateful servants but im struggling to recall something that combines the two.
  • InsaneCommander likes this

Cartoons Plural

Cartoons Plural

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts

its not so much about punishment as they are both gods of justice, its the dichotomy of justice being a common good and a value to uphold but its gritty details are ruthless and dark too. really batman is a weird lunatic, when you think about it. Rorschach in watchmen is this idea taken to the most extreme ends, and is most congruous with skaen imo. perhaps skaen being an aspect of woedica is too simple but it does make sense that they are entwined as she is in exile, and it is her justified rule.

while a lot of the conceptualizing of the gods by the engwithans is deliberately made murky i think its similar to the way tech is discovering AI is just reflecting our own flaws because we built them into the systems, so their conception of justice had this blood thirsty bend to it, like a lot of societies do, and so the gods that reflect justice both woedica the queen and skaen the slave are very ruthless

Edited by Cartoons Plural, 27 November 2018 - 09:29 PM.

Triple - A Foxy Lad

Triple - A Foxy Lad

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 136 posts
Aaah ye id forgotten about rorschach. I dont think hed have much time for skaens class consciousness - which is one of the things that really sets skaen apart - but theyre not wholly different.

Think rorschach would worship woedica over skaen, if thats a remotely productive thing to contemplate, lol. Inb4 watchmen/pillars crossover.

Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

My next RP after 4.0 launches:

"The Woedican Bounty Hunter"
Class: Steel Garrote/Trickster (Holy Slayer)
Race: Meadow Human or Wood Elf
Sex: Male
Culture: Aedyr
Background: Mercenary (maybe Clergy)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Dispositions: Cruel, Rational (natch)

During this run, I plan on making enemies with the Principi (wiping out Fort Deadlight on the first visit), Delver's Row, and Vailians (animancy being a big no-no) while siding with the Huana (Woedica worshippers) and keeping a close eye on the Rauatains. Any quest given by Aruhi and Onekaza must be finished to the fullest; those who operate outside the law, such as the denizens of Delver's Row, can be exploited. Steel Garotte synergizes well with Rogue; Trickster adds utility, and from a metaphoric standpoint, represents Woedica's cheater aspect.

Build-wise, the character will feature lock downs, damage over time, and good defenses and maneuverability.

Edited by Ophiuchus, 03 December 2018 - 08:55 PM.

• InsaneCommander likes this

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1894 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

During this run, I plan on making enemies with the Principi (wiping out Fort Deadlight on the first visit)

I'll play a Woedica Templar and I plan to wipe out Fort Deadlight too. :devil:

• Ophiuchus likes this

Stealthmandem

Stealthmandem

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
Jungle Book Beastmaster build:Mowgli got lost in the dead fire but managed to bring his friends a long with him for the "bear" necessities."
Shapeshifter turn into a cat for bageara

Stalker

Ranger Pet Wolf: Akela
Pet bear cub: Baloo
  • Ophiuchus and quaggan like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users