Mechanics. How many meters is considered melee range and a question on poisons

Ok, after having done POE1 I'm starting on Deadfire. I have a few questions regarding mechanics.

1) I love the ability to do behavior rulesets, but I'm currently trying to figure out ranges.

Example: I want Xoti to use "Blessed Harvest" (range 4 meters) on targets below 50% health, but I dont want her to move (maybe 1 or 2 meters max) too far from her current position.

I can do an AND rule with "enemy below 50%" and "enemy in melee range" (2 meters?), but I wonder if there are other ways to do it.

2) Poisons.

How should the "this effect clear on weapon switch for X seconds" be interpreted? Are poison coatings permanent on a weapon until that weapon are swtiched or what? Can someone explain to me what the sentence means? Preferably like i'm 5 years old. 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

Ok, after having done POE1 I'm starting on Deadfire. I have a few questions regarding mechanics.

1) I love the ability to do behavior rulesets, but I'm currently trying to figure out ranges.

Example: I want Xoti to use "Blessed Harvest" (range 4 meters) on targets below 50% health, but I dont want her to move (maybe 1 or 2 meters max) too far from her current position.

I can do an AND rule with "enemy below 50%" and "enemy in melee range" (2 meters?), but I wonder if there are other ways to do it.

2) Poisons.

How should the "this effect clear on weapon switch for X seconds" be interpreted? Are poison coatings permanent on a weapon until that weapon are swtiched or what? Can someone explain to me what the sentence means? Preferably like i'm 5 years old. 

Thanks in advance.

I didn't understand the poison part either. And the combat logs were not clear either, when I tried to use them in-game.