Curse: Berath's Wrath, a bit exaggerated maybe? (spoiler alert)

Ok,

so god Berath took revenge on me for not returning souls to the wheel...I seriously don't even recall this.

The result:

-1 Might

-1 Constitution

-1 Dexterity

-1 Perception

-1 Intellect

-1 Resolve

This is the penalty for my main character...until I slay 75 enemies

NOTE: My main character must do the finishing blows.

Ok so uh...I guess I'm having a seriously weakened character for the rest game...after about 7 battles, he's killed two...awesome! The developers really made a challenge...I mean yeah, maybe a tank could do it before the whole damn game ends but a rogue...or a cipher for example?

C' mooon!

Just some food for thought.

Just get an enemy to down to a sliver of Health, then have your main character run in to finish them off. You can probably get rid of the debuff before you leave the first island if you do that consistently

E: okay probably not the first island, but not too long after

Edited by house2fly
  • Like 1

The cake was a really nice blessing. I kept in the inventory for the whole game. /s

Seriously, I'd like to see meaningful blessings/curses, while being able to reject the former. I don't remember Hylea even mentioning that I went with her support to the end-game (the Sun-in-Shadows).

So I finally slayed the 75 and it wasn't that hard afterall and barely took any time at all!

Actually it was pretty fun and I learned a lot about combat tactics and on top of that,

...realized that my rogue is one true badass!

Guess how silly I feel now?

Hahahahaa!

Thanks for the support!

• Like 3

So I finally slayed the 75 and it wasn't that hard afterall and barely took any time at all!

Actually it was pretty fun and I learned a lot about combat tactics and on top of that,

...realized that my rogue is one true badass!

Guess how silly I feel now?

Hahahahaa!

Thanks for the support!

That is good to hear. :)

Now go find some Soulbound items to upgrade in the same way. :biggrin:

• Like 1

sign.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am on my first play through and I too just picked up this curse. To be honest it was a while before I realised that my attributes had been quite so harshly hit and then I recall Berath having whispered something to me a couple of hours earlier.

Knocking a point off all 6 primary attributes is OTT. I was completely unaware that helping a few ghosts on the starter island was going to have such a damaging impact and, worse still, that trying to remove it will take me ages. Yes, I tend to play this type of game quite slowly but I am now 30 hours in and my counter is only reading 3/75 /sigh. My earlier saves have long since been overwritten so that route isn't an option.

I am currently working my way through the quests & locations on Neketaka Island (L8 Paladin) and would welcome some suggestions as to the best/quickest way to get my counter up to 75 please.

Thanks i advance.

Just go sailing; most places you can explore will have some enemies you can take out. For best results use your whole party to get the health bar as close to empty as you can, then have the rest of your party direct their attention elsewhere while your main character finishes them off with a couple of autoattacks.

In Neketaka specifically there's the Old City which you can get to via the Gullet, and the Hanging Sepulcher accessed via Sacred Stair. Some of the enemies may be a bit tough for level 8 tho

Edited by house2fly

Hi House2fly,

Thanks for the response. Aside from the first voyage to Neketaka I haven't done any sailing yet..............looks like I need to find my sea legs!

I have already cleared the Old City (aside from one boss mob who I will return to after a couple more level ups). I peeked into Hanging Sepulcher and immediately got abmushed by a large group of skeletons (which I just managed to beat with no casualties) but I figured that I may need another level or two before tackling the rest of the zone.

Thanks for your advice.

I am on my first play through and I too just picked up this curse. To be honest it was a while before I realised that my attributes had been quite so harshly hit and then I recall Berath having whispered something to me a couple of hours earlier.

Knocking a point off all 6 primary attributes is OTT. I was completely unaware that helping a few ghosts on the starter island was going to have such a damaging impact and, worse still, that trying to remove it will take me ages. Yes, I tend to play this type of game quite slowly but I am now 30 hours in and my counter is only reading 3/75 /sigh. My earlier saves have long since been overwritten so that route isn't an option.

I am currently working my way through the quests & locations on Neketaka Island (L8 Paladin) and would welcome some suggestions as to the best/quickest way to get my counter up to 75 please.

Thanks i advance.

It has nothing to do with helping a few ghosts on the starter island.  Remember how you pledged to Berath that you'd return those souls to the Wheel and then you...didn't?  Remember how the Pallid Knight took her due afterwards, reaping travelers at crossroads and taking the aged a little before their time?  Turns out that Berath has a bone to pick with you personally as well.

Gameplay-wise, it's annoying but hardly crippling.  And the best way to get over it is to find some xaurips and skeletons and whatnot and have your party get them down to almost dead and then have your PC swoop in and end it (assuming your PC isn't a primary damage dealer).

Gameplay-wise, it's annoying but hardly crippling.  And the best way to get over it is to find some xaurips and skeletons and whatnot and have your party get them down to almost dead and then have your PC swoop in and end it (assuming your PC isn't a primary damage dealer).

BTW, it must be possible to AI your comps not to kill enemies "near death", musn't it? So that they will stop the killing and leave  you to do the finishing blow.

Nerf Troubadour!

Thanks for the replies  :thumbsup:.

Ok, well I am now trying to get the curse scrubbed off by killing stuff which, in itself, isn't an issue but persuading some of my party members to let me strike the final blow is proving troublesome. The pause button and I are now becoming good friends!

Thanks again.