Hello everyone,

This might be my very first time posting on these forums.

So, as the title suggests, I'd like to request help and advice on defeating Belranga.  I'm just a simpleton trying to beat her on Normal difficulty, preferably using my companions rather than hiring up adventurers.  I've tried the fight several times, but so far to no avail.  Playing a standard fighter (no subclass) and at the moment, and I haven't multiclassed any of my main companions, except for Eder who is a swashbuckler (sidekicks are all multiclassed, but I don't remember the specifics at the moment).  I figure, this being on Normal as opposed to PotD, that it should be possible to beat this Spider Queen with my companions.

I've done some research on this forums, but I believe may lack mastery of the game mechanics to see this fight through successfully.  I'm aware that killing the spiderlings weakens the queens defenses, but augments her attack.  I'm also aware that after a given threshold, she uses her injury giving ability and that adra potions are useful here (side question, is there any place besides the mill to get a supply of adra potions?  My character is rather opposed to stealing, but if there's no alternative, I'll just have to make an exception).  Also, I've given everyone shark soup in order to gain immunity from the paralysis attacks.

I've gotten the queen to near death on a couple of occasions, but the big problems is that I always run out of resources on all my characters.  Even using empower, I run out of everything, and then my party starts falling apart quickly.  Now, I've seen a couple of videos on youtube of individuals pulling off this fight solo on PotD upscaled (quite impressive), but I'm not able to follow them very well to see how they are successful.

I guess I should say that my party is level 20, and while I've specced my fighter to originally be a damage dealer, I've redone him to be a tank and that's worked out better, but still run into the situation where I run out of healing resources (be it potions or priest heals).

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice anyone has.  

Thanks a bunch!

Party composition is fairly open. My most successful attempt was with Ydwin (Cipher/Rogue), Aloth (Wiz), Xoti(priest), and Maia (Ranger).

I also have available:

Tekehu (druid)

Eder (swashbuckler)

Pallegina (Paladin)

Serafen (Cipher)

Rekke (Fighter/Barb)

Vatnir (priest)

As well as Wizard/Chanter, Barb/Chanter, Fighter/monk for my other sidekicks.

My party lineup is whatever would be effective against.

With a cipher and a priest the fight can become trivial. Give to everyone in your party a potion of focused mind, antidote and final stand to become immune to anything.

The cipher will use Ancestor's Memory on the priest at the beginning of the fight while the priest will keep spamming Salvation of Time for the entire party to keep all the buffs up.

The easiest way to damage the boss is using Minoletta's Minor Missiles with a Wizard because it never misses and does crush damage (use crusted sword fish, potion of ascension, Firethrower Gloves to ensure you have enough penetration and the highest damage). 

Keep your party together to avoid losing your buffs and kill enough little spiders until her defenses ar low enough. Use crush/corrode/raw damage or high penetration weapons to damage her.

With a cipher and a priest the fight can become trivial. Give to everyone in your party a potion of focused mind, antidote and final stand to become immune to anything.

The cipher will use Ancestor's Memory on the priest at the beginning of the fight while the priest will keep spamming Salvation of Time for the entire party to keep all the buffs up.

The easiest way to damage the boss is using Minoletta's Minor Missiles with a Wizard because it never misses and does crush damage (use crusted sword fish, potion of ascension, Firethrower Gloves to ensure you have enough penetration and the highest damage). 

Keep your party together to avoid losing your buffs and kill enough little spiders until her defenses ar low enough. Use crush/corrode/raw damage or high penetration weapons to damage her.

It seems you are doing really well without any cheese. The only thing I would change -  use ydwin for ancestral memory to renew your resources, good luck :)

Whoa, I was just looking at Ancestor's Memory, and yeah, it renews resources!  I never noticed that before.  That may be the key I've been missing.  Out of curiosity, are there any other classes that can renew resources for the party, or is Cipher the only one?

Ok, here are some ideas, but I have to warn you they are not very well organized. Using Ancestor’s Memory and Salvation of Time as discussed above will solve your resource problem.

Do you have any summon figurines? This would be a good battle to use them. Also use the undead summons from the Wise Teeth Necklace, some of the summons have poison immunity and high pierce DR, so they will last a very long time during the fight.

Do you have enough penetration with the weapons you are using to damage Belranga effectively? If not, prioritize gear that does crush or corrode damage. Similarly, see if you can get high pierce armor on your melee party members.

Once Belranga’s deflection gets low enough, be sure to use Mule Kick if you have it. She cannot attack during the effect’s animation.

Are you using any modals you have to increase your accuracy, or decrease Belranaga’s defenses? Do you have the Cap of the Laughingstock equipped to automatically lower Belranaga’s deflection by 10 when you are in range? Do you have the Ring of Reset equipped?

If you bring Aloth, make sure he knows the Minoletta spells that deal crush or corrode damage and Wall of Many Colors. Once Belranga’s HP gets low, one way to finish her off is to use Wall of Many Colors which should eventually paralyze her, and then use Minoletta’s Missile Salvo and any other casts of Minoletta’s Minor Missiles you have left.

If you bring Xoti, make sure she knows Withdraw and Barring Death’s Door, in addition to any other buffs, healing spells, and revival spells.

Some other thoughts: make sure you get the Adratic Glow buff from using the Luminous Bathhouse before the battle, as every little advantage helps. Check which pet you have equipped, if your character has a decent Intellect, I would recommend Concelhaut, as his summon is great against Belranga. Nemnok also might be useful if your party is spellcaster heavy. And finally, take a very careful look at your consumables, you might be surprised what you can use during the battle to get an extra edge.

Have everybody eat Shark Soup.

Have your Wizard use Sandals of the Waterlilly from the Deck of Many Things. Have him eat Crusted Swordfish.

Move around the map so that the small spiders pile up in front of Mommy, so that she can't get close. 

Use unlimited resources from Ancestral Cheese to... cheese, I mean heal and stuff. 

You can control how many small spiders die like that. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Well, I tried it again with the Ancestral Memory and Salvation of Time combo...Yeah that combo seems a bit OP.  Good news is that I did beat the spider, but people were right in saying that the combo made the fight pretty easy.  I mean with that you can keep all buffs at 100% uptime without much issue.  Near the end, my tank just really started standing back and I let endless ally summons from Xoti keep the big spider distracted.

But thanks to everyone for their advice.  I definitely learned a lot.

Had 2 chanters in my party - totally blocked Belranga with summons, ate fruit (hadn't know, that was Belarnga, but not the start of the dlc, so had no preparations at all) Shooting is the best option. Melee fight with Belranga ends quickly and with huge amount of injuries.