v3.0.2 Patch Notes

Hello Watchers!

This patch will go live on Steam, GOG, and Origin at 10:00 am PDT! Build will go live on the Apple Store pending Apple approval.

Patch notes for v3.0.2.0027

• Items will no longer lose their mods (any previously affected items should also be fixed).
  • Izzia takes the Hope and Tooth and gives back the Chain as is intended.

• Like 11

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

but not much fixes? :(

Guess this is just meant as a hotfix for the two most vexing issues while they finalize work on 3.1.

Hopefully we'll see 3.2 too before 4.0 lands with The Forgotten Sanctum (if the plan is to release the latter mid-December, there should be enough room for 3.3)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

zealous modals and pet party buffs that getting permanent yet not fixed. as well as daily wages. 4 months since the promise to resolve those issues asap.

Yep these def need a hotfix. Sometimes I have three modals up

I think a guy said in another thread that random encounters in Neketaka have been working for him since 3.0? Are we sure it’s still an issue?

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think a guy said in another thread that random encounters in Neketaka have been working for him since 3.0? Are we sure it’s still an issue?

I played a bit recently and random encounters did take place.
While random encounters never stopped working for me
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I haven't played since about 3.0 but I also haven't seen any patch notes indicating it was fixed.

Then maybe you should try before complain, isn't?

in this case to "try" would be to roll a new character, get to Neketaka, and walk around for a while. Could be time-consuming

I haven't played since about 3.0 but I also haven't seen any patch notes indicating it was fixed.

Then maybe you should try before complain, isn't?

Dude, I don't want to commit another 60 hours of playtime for a fourth complete playthrough of the game unless I know in advance the random encounters are going to be working. The problem is you can't know until you get about 20+ hours in whether they're going to work on your run or not, because the only way to tell is that you stop getting them. 

The next build I want to try needs a few specific items you get from random encounters only (Griffin's Blade, a couple other things) so I don't really want to commit all the time to another run unless I know in advance it's gonna work. 

I mean, heck, if it is fixed, then least they could do is say so in the patch notes? That's what they're for!

I’m 99% sure Engari in Seeker, Slayer, Survivor sells one set of Bracers of Greater Deflection. If not, the other accessory vendor does.

Thanks!

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 1

Dude, I don't want to commit another 60 hours of playtime for a fourth complete playthrough of the game unless I know in advance the random encounters are going to be working. The problem is you can't know until you get about 20+ hours in whether they're going to work on your run or not, because the only way to tell is that you stop getting them. 

The next build I want to try needs a few specific items you get from random encounters only (Griffin's Blade, a couple other things) so I don't really want to commit all the time to another run unless I know in advance it's gonna work. 

I mean, heck, if it is fixed, then least they could do is say so in the patch notes? That's what they're for!

Patch notes are never going to be comprehensive. Sometimes some bugs get fixed and don't get written up formally enough to be included. Other times a bug was a side effect of something else and gets fixed indirectly.

And no one is going to be able to tell you for sure because I don't think many people had this no-encounter problem. The only way you'll be able to know for sure is to start a new game yourself. I mean... are you even sure it was a bug? And not that some of these random encounters are gated by other in-game triggers that you may or may not have flipped?

• Like 2

Yes, I am sure. I have a near-endgame save that never experienced any random encounters at all. I think it happened because I picked up the cornett of waves before getting the quest to do so. I just reinstalled the game and no random encounters still in the current patch.

(Thread here : https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102849-no-random-encounters-in-neketaka/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2104259 )

Anyway, yeah, I recognize not everything makes the patch notes . . . so if this ever does get fixed someone please pm me! thanks!

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy