But they work only for melee?

Yes. I think the new skills are over-rated anyways. It's a pain in the arse to get them to full stack; and it wipes on rest or death - and it only works on one type of enemies at a time.

I would much prefer just the option to have a permanent bonus against an enemy type.

• Like 1

Heartseeker is a ranged-only ability. The "Claw" ones are melee-only iirc.

Everything wipes on death by the way. ;)

A permanent bonus as an ability like the Barb has (+25% dmg to Wilder) is not that great either. Afaik nobody pick this. A flexible one is better in my opinion. It the current ability is a good way to do it I can't say because I didn't test it yet.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

A permanent bonus as an ability like the Barb has (+25% dmg to Wilder) is not that great either. Afaik nobody pick this. A flexible one is better in my opinion. It the current ability is a good way to do it I can't say because I didn't test it yet.

Actually, you can use the Claw abilities as ranged if you wield a Sword and Pistol/Blunderbuss. Guess it is a bug because it is a Full Attack and not Primary Attack

The queston is, why? A melee ranger is only good, as single class, because of whirling blades what is a pretty good AoE attack, but lacks on single target dps.