Seeker, Slayer, Survivor not triggering

Yeah, it’s the worst possible moment for a DLC to trigger since at this point forward the main plot is supposed to become quite urgent with all factions racing towards Ukaizo. So what, „Hey guys, I know that a giant wants to literally destroy all Afterlife and possibly also life itself, but a sewered head told me to help clean up a forgotten arena in the middle of nowhere so please wait a couple days.”

• Like 2

Having it be after a certain point in the plot cuts down on the stuff they have to take into account (for example, SSS can safely assume the player knows Eothas is going to Ukaizo to break the Wheel) and also ensures people won't be coming to the DLC area when they're too low-level to handle it. Things do get somewhat urgent after Ashen Maw, but that's the main story's fault more than anything

True, but why does SSS need to assume anything about the main plot? It’s completely seperate and deals with minor issue not connected to anything. The plot works exactly the same no matter what. If anything it’s even stupider at this point because Galwain shouldn’t want to kill us when time is of the essence and we present the only hope of stopping Eothas/mitigating the damage he’ll do

It's also possible that Obsidian assumes one might go to Magran's Teeth sooner than I tend to go. I generally do all available faction quests first, which means I am pretty much done with majority of games content. In future playthroughs I will probably try to go to MT ASAP to be able to not do SSS in one go. 

• Like 1

Yeah, imo Magran's Teeth is where I go after doing everything else, to kick off the endgame. After that as far as the factions are concerned it's all hands on deck to find Ukaizo.

True, but why does SSS need to assume anything about the main plot? It’s completely seperate and deals with minor issue not connected to anything. The plot works exactly the same no matter what. If anything it’s even stupider at this point because Galwain shouldn’t want to kill us when time is of the essence and we present the only hope of stopping Eothas/mitigating the damage he’ll do

Well, for example, Galawain has a couple of lines referring to the fact that the essence stored on this island might help him when Eothas breaks the Wheel