Questionable quest design - Terms of Trade/Dim Prospects *spoilers*

This quest illustrates Deadfire's shallowness during certain quests.

I can destroy the Adra pillar but I can't have any meaningful dialogue with the chieftain, even if I have evidence for destroying the pillar (Beza's pages)? It's little things like this that break immersion. Instead of starting a story arc about the dangers of adra mining and colonizing in Deadfire, we are simply left to our own imaginations. Obsidian kept the waters too shallow.

player have dialogue option about beza's note with chieftain priest and cook separately

but not when they arguing on the dock

I did not have the option with the Chief.

Furthermore, after telling me I wasnt welcome, he seemed to forget during our follow up conversation where he was friendly and jovial.

Stuff like the post above shows the seams of the game a little I think. I don't think it's laziness, more the result of trying to account for so many possible factors in a game they actively made more dynamic.

I don't know if I'd say shallow but I do get the frustration actually.

Yeah, I don’t think you can talk to him about the notes if you destroyed the adra - only if you kept it in one peace, in which case chief tries to confiscate the notes nd hide them. I agree that in this particular quest the “drama” seems a bit artificial.

Stuff like the post above shows the seams of the game a little I think. I don't think it's laziness, more the result of trying to account for so many possible factors in a game they actively made more dynamic.

I don't know if I'd say shallow but I do get the frustration actually.

It's a good pt. There is a level of quantity over quality in the main game. Beast of Winter spoiled be :p

Thinking about it again, I would replace shallowness with rigidness. I expect more from a main quest but oh well. Actually found a thread from the beta days with the same complaint ha.

Edited by Verde
  • Like 3