Priest Barring Death's Door +  Salvation of Time combined with brillance cloack = cannot die in this fight.

Wizzard Minoletta's Minor Missiles - always hit and make damage that queen is most vulnerable

+antidote with time spell spam

And that's it :/ Just take megaboss down without even reaching lvl 20, no problem but no fun. Hope next mega boss cannot be defeated this way :/

Edited by mukurome

TBF any class can kill the Queen solo. My current strategy is to wait for her to cast the scream ability, then I use the bottleneck at the bottom of the map to "block" her with some spiders. Queen gets stuck, I kill all the spiders except those blocking her, get her low enough, kill her with ranged weapon with enough penetration (razor skewers, ring of the marksman, high enchantment level).

The only caveat is having enough regeneration and armor to tank the spiders, 14 piercing with a ring of greater regeneration is more than enough. Alas, this can be achieved for most classes/ with potions.

Edited by Vonmara

What do you mean?

If you cast any missile spell on yourself the brilliance inspiration will proc?

Is it bugged ? It doesn’t say that in the item description no?

Just tested it. If you cast missle spell on yourself it will proc. 1% when taking dmg look low, but with around 10 missiles per 1 cast of Minoletta's Minor Missiles is quite easy to obtain

So let me get this straight: You deliberately chose to execute the most powerful combo in the game—which by the way requires meta-knowledge and a specific combination of class and equipment—then complain that it was too good?

You sure went out of your way just to displease yourself :p

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So let me get this straight: You deliberately chose to execute the most powerful combo in the game—which by the way requires meta-knowledge and a specific combination of class and equipment—then complain that it was too good?

You sure went out of your way just to displease yourself :p

taking down uber, final boss at level 16-17 without final game items mean, that this combo is just too powerfull. Also i just want to notice, that besides from glitch method mentioned in other post, we can take this boss down in around 3-4 min.

I used several char and this fight was long and fun, cleric/mage take it down real easy. If boss have some debuff spell like enemy mages, this fight could be more interesting.

Edited by mukurome

1% chance with every dmg appliance combined with 10 missiles (=10 times dmg appliance) means the overall chance to trigger brilliant is -1*(0.99^10-1) or in other words 9.5% per missile cast.

If you can reliably proc it with one or two missile spells then the mechanics of the cloak are bugged.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you use the combo with Boring Death's Door, you can take down anything with enough time and patience. You willfully make yourself immortal. Complaining that you win the fight afterward just doesn't make too much sense.

It also wouldn't make a lot of sense for a giant spider to be able to cast Arcane Dampener, IMHO—though hopefully future mega bosses will include casters.

• Like 2

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

If you use the combo with Boring Death's Door, you can take down anything with enough time and patience. You willfully make yourself immortal. Complaining that you win the fight afterward just doesn't make too much sense.

It also wouldn't make a lot of sense for a giant spider to be able to cast Arcane Dampener, IMHO—though hopefully future mega bosses will include casters.

I mean, I would not complain if the developers modified the encounter to have some vithrack spawn once Belranga hits a certain HP threshold.

• Like 2

I mean, I would not complain if the developers modified the encounter to have some vithrack spawn once Belranga hits a certain HP threshold.

Me neither—I really like Vithracks ;)

• Like 1

arcane dumper can be resisted, even if enemy hit us, cleric can cast lvl 1 spell suppres affliction to negate it. Wizzard arcane cleanse is the only danger for this class in whole game, but if we play priest of skaen, we can cast invisibility at the time enemy mage cast it. So Cleric/Mage is like nonkillable char, before brilliant cloack appear it was good due to limited spell usage, now it's THE best (yet using those tactics feel kind of boring for me :p)

• Like 1

Shame there is literally 3 vithracks in Deadfire :(

Me neither—I really like Vithracks ;)

• Like 1

Nothing helps against Gouging Strike, when there is a place where you can hide for the entire fight =)

arcane dumper can be resisted, even if enemy hit us, cleric can cast lvl 1 spell suppres affliction to negate it. Wizzard arcane cleanse is the only danger for this class in whole game, but if we play priest of skaen, we can cast invisibility at the time enemy mage cast it. So Cleric/Mage is like nonkillable char, before brilliant cloack appear it was good due to limited spell usage, now it's THE best (yet using those tactics feel kind of boring for me :p)

also to be fair you are in the mega-minority of players who will min/max like this to get this done.  I think i'm even a hard-core casual player, and I don't have the time or inclination to set this up yet.

BDD, ST, and Ancestor’s Memory already had quite a bit of spotlight in another thread. My opinion was, and still is, that they should be left untouched: They form a high-level combo that requires a lot of meta knowledge and a specific party composition with specific spell/power picks. It’s not something that can accidentally trivialize your game as it can only happen if you know about it and go out of your way to make it happen.

Shroud has a 1% proc chance, so nerfing it would border on impossible (and be frankly ridiculous.)

• Like 2

1% chance with every dmg appliance combined with 10 missiles (=10 times dmg appliance) means the overall chance to trigger brilliant is -1*(0.99^10-1) or in other words 9.5% per missile cast.

If you can reliably proc it with one or two missile spells then the mechanics of the cloak are bugged.

Made a quick test yesterday: nuked myself with missiles all day but always died before I could proc brilliant. THat's not a reliable way to proc it if you don't want to reload the fight like 10 times or so - at least for me.

• Like 3

Made a quick test yesterday: nuked myself with missiles all day but always died before I could proc brilliant. THat's not a reliable way to proc it if you don't want to reload the fight like 10 times or so - at least for me.

start a fight, Barring Death’s Door +salvation of time = around 20 sec of immortality. Then spam missiles at yourselve - around 3-4 cast and hit (if playing eveoker maybe one more free cast) - that give us around 40 minor missle hit. At the time brilliant trigger spam salvation of time to regain missiles spells.

40 Minor Missile hits translate to an overall proc chance of 33%. That (very tedious) procedure will not be very reliable. Even with 100 hits you would only be at ~63%.

I mean sure - at some point it will work. :)

• Like 1