Izzia: Crafting and Random Encounter

DozingDragon

Question

As discussed in this thread (https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106151-izzia/), Izzia might be bugged in the current version of the game. First, the player can mention being ambushed to Izzia before that ambush occurs. Also, it seems as if no one can trigger that ambush to occur. Should Izzia even appear before the ambush event?

Additionally, from looking at the game’s files, Izzia looks like she should be able to craft 

the Chain of Rightful Authority

when she is presented with Neriscyrlas’s Hope and the Tooth of Toamowhai, but right now she only recognizes those items and asks the player to return with any other similar items. Should Izzia be able to forge anything from only those two items?

Edited by DozingDragon

4 answers to this question

I don't know if this is working as intended, or if not if it's something the devs are aware of, but I thought adding some pictures might be helpful

BHJS8.jpg

So I load up my save, at sea. I go straight to Marihi's Metalworks without incident:

BHJTc.jpg

BHJTy.jpg

Upon entering, this new character is there, and we begin a conversation: 

BHJYF.jpg

BHJZb.jpg

Note the second option. As mentioned, there were no assassins- I got here without incident, possibly due to the bug that stops random encounters from happening.

BHK0N.jpg

She has both DLC items and suggests that if I bring her a third she can create something. However, dialogue files suggest that she should be able to make something out of the two I have.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Izzia is absolutely bugged and fortunately we have a fix for this awaiting hotfix approval.  Assuming everything goes well, the fix for this should be out very soon!  Keep an eye on the forums for the latest patch notes to see when this fix is implemented.

Thanks again for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 1:39 AM, SChin said:

Hello everyone!

Izzia is absolutely bugged and fortunately we have a fix for this awaiting hotfix approval.  Assuming everything goes well, the fix for this should be out very soon!  Keep an eye on the forums for the latest patch notes to see when this fix is implemented.

Thanks again for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.

Still broken as for 9/14/2020 on steam version.

On 9/14/2020 at 7:57 AM, As7imilat0r said:

Still broken as for 9/14/2020 on steam version.

are you sure? i could have sworn i was able to get the chain. you need an item that is essentially from each of the DLCs, or triggered by an ambush following completion of a DLC.