Baldur's Gate 3?

kanisatha

" It DID feel like a Baldur's Gate game."

No. It didn't. It felt like crap. PF:KM feels more like a BG game than that crap that  was being peddled. DISGUSTING.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I've read somewhere that this expansion was too SJW, but I actually haven't noticed that until I've read about it, so I'm guessing it only affects people who are somehow sensitive about the subject? :)

I feel like it was a good tie-in between BG1 and BG2. Also, great OST.

The SJW stuff was small potatoes. the game is dreck. Plain and simple.

Afterall, PF:KM has a 'SJW stuff' in it, and the game is fantastic outside of bugs. *shrug*

Siege of Dragonspear was actually okay. I liked it too. It DID feel like a Baldur's Gate game.

Oh btw we did have a sequel to Planescape Torment recently and it was ****e so be careful what you ask for :D

what sequel ??? 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Oh that !

I enjoyed the game . But it wasn't really a sequel . Kinda missing that something . 

But without the 'Its a sequel..similar blah blah' , the game can stand on its own and was fun . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I am not sure I would enjoy BG3, I much more prefer lower level campaigns that godlike levels, If you BG would continue we would be fighting like other gods or what?

I hate both low level and epic level D&D. Levels 5-15 is where D&D really shines IMHO.
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh that !

I enjoyed the game . But it wasn't really a sequel . Kinda missing that something . 

But without the 'Its a sequel..similar blah blah' , the game can stand on its own and was fun . 

Yeah it was missing: good combat, good dialogue, memorable companions, interesting story and a gameplay system that wasn't designed by a 10 yo person. Also its ending was arguably worse than the initial ME3 one.

I've had no idea PF:KM had SJW stuff too. I haven't even noticed. Honestly, while I can agree that Siege of Dragonspear was not a top-notch game, I still found it "okay" at least, even if the most memorable thing about it was the fact that combat was clearly harder than anything BG1 threw at me.

"SJW" stuff is used a lot in Pathfinder PnP universe. Though most of the time it is not thrown right into your face and hammered into your skull. I have not seen all the literature in PF universe, but compared to some other companies, Paizo's writers can IMO handle these issues much subtly and much better. Also they are not affraid to bringing racism, slavery and even sexism to their books in a way, that it does not incite SJW revolt.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Can't deny it, the thought of another BG title makes my heart pump frantically as if I would be in direct contact with turnips but the thought of them screwing it up does the same.

A direct continuation of ToB would be pretty stupid imo or if they made it first person or some **** like that but there's a lot of cool things they could do with the IP and I would buy it pretty much no matter what they do to it (except if they change it to 1st/3rd person and/or make it turnbased). If I had to take a guess though, I'd say they will start over. Likely somewhere else in Faerun. Maybe make you stop by some known locations and include a bunch of references, but start over. Continuing the story just doesn't make a lot of sense to me because it has such great closure and I also can't imagine it'd be fun no matter which road they went down with because playing as a god in an RPG...eh. Or playing somebody that is lvl 30 or something...eh. Just start over, maybe combine the experience of both BGs into 1 game by making you start on 1 to experience that feeling of being a nothing but also have a high cap and a rapid evolution of the chars capabilities. Or don't, let us start on lvl 5 or 6 or 7.

But for the love of god, please give us a cheese selling beholder.

• Like 2

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.

• 2 weeks later...

BG3 has no reason to exist and I don't trust any of these people to be able to make anything the calibre of BG2.

Who are the people exactly and why aren't they worthy of our trust?

Aside from that, if this was 2001 or 2002 and Bioware/MumboJumbo was developing it, you wouldn't be saying "It has no reason to exist" You'd pre-order it without any hesitation lol Don't deny it :p

p.s

I've missed you, fellow raggae/ska brother! Daven the dwarf hehee

Hello!

Yeah, ermm... I mean Beamdog. I don't think the decisions they have made with all the 'Enhanced Editions' are correct.

In fact it's almost insulting to call them enhanced!

nowt

"Aside from that, if this was 2001 or 2002 and Bioware/MumboJumbo was developing it, you wouldn't be saying "It has no reason to exist" You'd pre-order it without any hesitation lol Don't deny it :p"

What a weak argument.

Hello!

Yeah, ermm... I mean Beamdog. I don't think the decisions they have made with all the 'Enhanced Editions' are correct.

In fact it's almost insulting to call them enhanced!

I don't get people problem with Beamdog's EE's.

Sure they were buggy at start, but what game isn't nowadays. They made ton's of improvements, all additional content is optional and they introduced IE games to new platforms.

It's a joy to play them now. Especially Torment.

Ps. My favorite improvement is the characters FINALLY can carry missile weapons AND dual wield.

My only gripe is only with their NWN:EE, especially the price for the pack with the DLCs, which were free before. The enhnacements are by no means worth the extra price...

50.49 EUR here...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• 2 weeks later...

Draconis was the grandkid of Bhaal.

In my opinion BG3 would only make sense if you were to create a new character that is from the second generation.

Gorion's Ward story is finished.

BTW, my money is on InXile, because Brian Fargo is so smug about it.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

InXile are working on Wasteland 3, because they need to release at least one game that doesn't suck every couple of years ^^

None of their games actually suck. I think they oversell them.

I really enjoyed Wasteland 2: The Director's Cut.  To me, the storyline was actually pretty good, with some very serious reactivity depending on how you play.  I think it had some cool themes and concepts, in regards to technology, humanity, and how to restore a civilization.  Similar in many ways to F:NV, but different spin.  I wish there were more NPC companions that you could recruit, but honestly liked the ones which were available and thought they each contributed something valuable to each play through that I did.  I really liked it, to be honest. 

I'm REALLY looking forward to WL3... NOBODY really does freezing as a post-apocalyptic setting.  I'm curious as to how they will explain people being able to eat, since that type of environment obviously limits your options quite a lot. 

Numenera received decent reviews from the press, but the user reviews were average at best. The new Bard's Tale was even worse.

I very much enjoyed it.  I can say many of the same things about this as what I said above about WL2.  It definitely dealt with a "weird" setting.  I liked the idea of the Tidal Affinity and thought their classes were interesting.  All about steampunk and cyberpunk, so this was definitely a unique universe, which no one else has really done.  I just wish that their had been more NPCs to interact with.  The map sizes with NPCs that you could interact with were not very large and there typically weren't that many people with anything to say.  This might not be uncommon in RPGs... but I felt like it was more noticeable in this game.

The whole theme of, "What would you be willing to do to survive?" was cool.  And the basis for you being the protagonist was pretty original!  Kind of BGesque... but with very different implications.  Unfortunately, VERY limited number of NPC companions available.  That definitely limited the replay value, as well as how linear the story is.  You can have very different results from playing it different ways... but you are going to be going to the same places, in the same order, largely doing the same things over again. 

At least with POE 2 and WL2, you have more freedom to explore and choose what you will and won't do. 

Edited by Michael_Galt
  • Like 1

"1 is 1"

Numenera was indeed good, just bashed by people who wanted it... and expected it to more like the first game. I'm kinda glad it wasn't, not everything should be what the community wants or erm.. expects.

Expectations vs Reality? Reality always wins and Numenera was a sure wake up call lol

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Numenera had terrible combat and terrible character development (as in, builds). If I wanted to read a book, I would go read a book, not struggle with the worst gameplay I've ever seen in a cRPG game.

Newsflash: The purpose of playing Crpg's are for story, gameplay/combat was always horrid from realtime with pause systems. You were afterthe wrong thing.

That's funny because I enjoy the gameplay in literally every other game of this type. A good cRPG has both good story and gameplay mechanics. Worst case scenario, the gameplay is "okay". But in Numenera case it was simply horrible.

Not to mention that "good story" is subjective. I've found Numenera to be a snorefest, and I only managed to finish the game because I felt it would be a waste of money if I didn't.

• Like 1

Numenera had terrible combat and terrible character development (as in, builds). If I wanted to read a book, I would go read a book, not struggle with the worst gameplay I've ever seen in a cRPG game.

Newsflash: The purpose of playing Crpg's are for story, gameplay/combat was always horrid from realtime with pause systems. You were afterthe wrong thing.

You do know that Tides of Numenera's combat system is turn based, right?

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.