Baldur's Gate 3?

kanisatha

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

You shut your mouth, Sagani was cool. A little boring mayhap, but still cool. :getlost:

P.S.: And Khelgar Ironfist was great! 

I did actually like Sagani, but notice how her ending had no influence on Deadfire. It's like they want you to believe she never existed!

Khelgar is from before this cabal formed so...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, algroth said:

I also thought Sagani was very good, but she's generally overlooked as a dwarf companion because she isn't another Gimli clone.

This too. It's a well known fact that a dwarf isn't a dwarf unless they (a) wield an axe or, at a push, a hammer, (b) wear heavy armour, (c) have a great big bushy beard, (c2) are male or at least appear male and (d) are always drunk.

Bonus points if they hate/are scared of trees for some reason.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

This too. It's a well known fact that a dwarf isn't a dwarf unless they (a) wield an axe or, at a push, a hammer, (b) wear heavy armour, (c) have a great big bushy beard, (c2) are male or at least appear male and (d) are always drunk.

Bonus points if they hate/are scared of trees for some reason.

Don't forget cussing in Scottishoid too. 😛

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

27 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

What was his plot element on the prison island? Unlike all (?) the other P/NPCs I could only remember his plot starting on the 2nd island, which would have explained how someone who didn't play much would get the impression he had no plot compared to the others.

Reveal hidden contents

specifically starting with the black market/ arena or the smugglers' cave, whichever you did first

He's got a note on him that he talks to you about and interacts with some dwarf prisoners.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

3 hours ago, algroth said:

Don't forget cussing in Scottishoid too. 😛

You say it like it's a bad thing. Me, I'd love if everyone  had Scottish or Welsh accents (I play with subtitles anyway, so).

Like, what DA:O did with their dwarven society was pretty great and refreshing. But yikes them accents. :down:

4 hours ago, bugarup said:

You say it like it's a bad thing. Me, I'd love if everyone  had Scottish or Welsh accents (I play with subtitles anyway, so).

Like, what DA:O did with their dwarven society was pretty great and refreshing. But yikes them accents. :down:

Not saying it's a bad thing in the least. I think they're the best part of "fantasy comfort food", to be frank: they could play up that archetype in every fantasy game and I'd lap it up. But I do appreciate a company attempting to do something different, and probably more interesting, with dwarves every once in a while. I think it worked with Sagani. Less so with Konstanten (who in some ways also felt closer to that dwarven archetype than Sagani did too).

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I think Sagani is ok, she clearly differs from the typical dwarf archetype but not in such a way it feels like an inversion. Given BG3 is happening in the Forgotten Realms it's a safe bet dwarves are gonna be alcoholic scots but maybe we'll get lucky and get a female dwarf companion/pc who just wants put on comedic plays.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Post limit reached - please see new discussion here:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man