Please help: BoW finale

Been on this fight for hours. 14th level, party is Pallegina, Eder, Rogue, Xoti and Aloth. Normal difficulty. I have Waiden and Inquisitor but they don’t help much.

Major problems:

- healing from Concelhaut at about 20% brings her back to 60% quickly and by that time my resources are spent.

- I have little defense for that breath debuff. Can’t figure out how to counter.

Overall it’s just a ****ing slog and I just can’t seem to do enough damage towards the end of the fight.

Any tips?

Edited by Grimo88

Whittle down her concentration with your melees' attack abilities and lower her Fortitude and Reflex (the morning star and flail modals work well, respectively). Make sure Aloth has an accuracy buff, then cast Slicken, then Combusting Wounds, and Wall of Flame. Slicken stacked on top of itself can lock the beast down for a good while, and you can use her big hitbox to avoid affecting friendlies. You'll also want to use effects that increase PEN and lower her armor, then follow up with Fire-based attacks.

On my last run, I used the Wizard combo with Geomancer Maia wielding The Red Hand and spamming Tranquilizer Shot to nullify her buffs. Slicken ensured she couldn't get up to recast them, and she went down quickly.

On the defensive side, you'll want to mitigate her strong DoTs. Scrolls of Moonwell and Consecrated Ground should do the trick (I think they stack unlike Pillars 1?).

I typically don't bother to get the spirits' buffs since the walk there is a bit of a pain.

Edited by Ophiuchus

Any tips?

- as already mentioned: stack enough Moonwell scrolls for sustain. Equipping everyone in heaviest armor will also help, as it indirectly makes HoTing more efficient.

- let the rogue use guile only on Confounding Blind. Ideally you want to keep that deflection malus for the whole fight.

- lack of damage is solved by equipping Battle Axes on practically everyone, and turning proficiency modal on. You deal n slash damage on hit, and n * 2 raw damage over 1 minute. You don't care how much AR she has, all you need is to not miss with your swings.

Yeah, I think you're a drop underleveled. I got there at about level 16 and just barely won by the skin of my teeth. I struggled to do much damage in that fight due to lack of penetration, so maybe look into weapons with higher pen. Chanter also have some pen buffs but it doesn't look like you have one handy. 

Also, wow are those spirits a ripoff. They make it sound like they'll actually help you fight, then they just hang around the edges of the map and cheer you on. 

Also, wow are those spirits a ripoff. They make it sound like they'll actually help you fight, then they just hang around the edges of the map and cheer you on.

I got the help of inquisitor only.

And on 3rd attempt she actually did something: there appeared some red beam/shackle that immobilized the dragon for 20s. Too bad I switched everyone to melee, so could not capitalize on it ^^

Btw, managed to beat her at lvl 14, but would still second that it's better to fight her at 16+, since everyone gets a new power level and access to rank 8/6 stuff.

Also if you have a single class cipher, you might want to wait even for level 19, for the 1000 Cuts and Driving Echoes, as +8 PEN buff, can make a difference.

Edited by MaxQuest

Yeah, I think you're a drop underleveled. I got there at about level 16 and just barely won by the skin of my teeth. I struggled to do much damage in that fight due to lack of penetration, so maybe look into weapons with higher pen. Chanter also have some pen buffs but it doesn't look like you have one handy. 

For the spirits in BoW, just stand on the glyphs/symbols they have in front of them and they'll buff your damage. I can't believe how many people miss this, i mean, spirits who said they'll help you have oddly shiny symbols laid out in front of them? It's basicallty an invitation to see what happens when you stand on them.

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 2

For the spirits in BoW, just stand on the glyphs/symbols they have in front of them and they'll buff your damage. I can't believe how many people miss this, i mean, spirits who said they'll help you have oddly shiny symbols laid out in front of them? It's basicallty an invitation to see what happens when you stand on them.

I knew they were there but didn’t use them strategically.

I used them much more carefully this time and got her on level 14. Thanks all for your help.

• Like 3

Been on this fight for hours. 14th level, party is Pallegina, Eder, Rogue, Xoti and Aloth. Normal difficulty. I have Waiden and Inquisitor but they don’t help much.

Major problems:

- healing from Concelhaut at about 20% brings her back to 60% quickly and by that time my resources are spent.

- I have little defense for that breath debuff. Can’t figure out how to counter.

Overall it’s just a ****ing slog and I just can’t seem to do enough damage towards the end of the fight.

Any tips?

I think there is a helmet you get in the expansion that prevents the dragons pull attack

Give it to your ranger and sit on the sidelines and peg him off with a high dps ranged weapon

Also dont attack him while Lengrths safe guard is activated

Also the wizard spells slicken, combusting wounds and wall of fire will help alot

Edited by bigbazoopa