The Faces of the Hunt (ending spoilers)

There were several hidden skill checks in the last part of the DLC (or the sound of "Skill check failed"; the Pool of Memories) and after defeating the Porokoa is was possible to tell Engari that the Faces were incarnations of one Watcher (with "Honest" disposition). I could not confirm or disprove it in my playthroughs, because I was not able to pass the above-mentioned skill checks.

Is this information correct? And, if it is, why do the Faces go on a murder rampage, when freed (with or without host)?

I apologize in advance, if the topic was started too early (10 days after the release of the DLC).

Yeah, I noticed that as well. That option came as a surprise to me as it was not evident at all based on the dialogue with the Faces. However, why do you say that they went on murder rampage? Is it perhaps described in the ending slides (coz if it is then it's fine, as I did not retake Ukaizo - I'm waiting for the 3rd DLC) or did I miss it somehow?

Yeah, I noticed that as well. That option came as a surprise to me as it was not evident at all based on the dialogue with the Faces. However, why do you say that they went on murder rampage? Is it perhaps described in the ending slides (coz if it is then it's fine, as I did not retake Ukaizo - I'm waiting for the 3rd DLC) or did I miss it somehow?

Yes, it is stated in the ending slides. In both endings, where the Faces are freed, they for some reason attack coastal villages. I am unsure, if a positive (without corpses of random people) outcome is possible, unless they remain in the statue.

Ok, but is it cruel to Muatu? I don't have anything against him so I'd only do it if he accepts (I'll try it tonight).

You can't ask him directly, because he isn't presented during the dialogue (Aexica does say that it would be cruel). But he becomes a good replacement for the Faces, possibly the best. Though, the Faces themselves start attacking random coastal villages.

Ok, but is it cruel to Muatu? I don't have anything against him so I'd only do it if he accepts (I'll try it tonight).

You can't ask him directly, because he isn't presented during the dialogue (Aexica does say that it would be cruel). But he becomes a good replacement for the Faces, possibly the best. Though, the Faces themselves start attacking random coastal villages.

Ok. Good to know. I think I'll stick to what I did then.

sign.jpg