To find out that Shattered Pillar Monk is utter trash now. Went from super OP to (for me) unplayable. I played the game the first two weeks it came out a lot have changed since then...

Time to reroll i guess.

I got one question im planning to do either a Nalpazca paladin multiclass or a Helwalker Paladin multiclass.

I prefered nalpazca because of the insane stat/accuracy/crit bonuses from pots and drugs.

But im not sure when i read the patch nodes from 1.2 what those mean:

"Alchemy Skill no longer affects "Poison" keyworded spells and abilities. (It still affects applied poison consumables)"

From reports in the forum i read that Alchemy does not work anymore on increasing the stats that potion and drugs provide is that correct? In that case there is only one good monk subclass left and my decision is clear. I just want to be safe about how alchemy skill works in 1.2 - can anybody tell me maybe?

Edited by Bugged Wolf Companion

Alchemy still buffs drugs and potions, but kinda weakly now, it's not op or anything. Still something I'd definitely get on a drug monk.

Yeah Shattered Pillar got gutted, I've had zero interest to play a Monk multiclass (other than a Sage) for a while.

Nalpazca is really strong if you're fine with keeping him drugged, but watch out if you play on PotD - enemy casters will now suppress your buffs (including drugs) very often, causing you to crash haha.

Okay Shattered Pillar Monk is utter super trash now. Went from super OP to (for me) unplayable. I played the game the first two weeks it came out a lot have changed since then...

Time to reroll i guess.

I got one question im planning to do either a Nalpazca paladin multiclass or a Helwalker Paladin multiclass.

I prefered nalpazca because of the insane stat/accuracy/crit bonuses from pots and drugs.

But im not sure when i read the patch nodes from 1.2 what those mean:

"Alchemy Skill no longer affects "Poison" keyworded spells and abilities. (It still affects applied poison consumables)"

From reports in the forum i read that Alchemy does not work anymore on increasing the stats that potion and drugs provide is that correct? In that case there is only one good monk subclass left and my decision is clear. I just want to be safe about how alchemy skill works in 1.2 - can anybody tell me maybe?

Alchemy now only affects the PL of potions, drugs, and poisons. So, perfect for Nalpazca.

Before, due to a bug with the "poison" keyword, it used to also affect any spells or abilities with the "poison" keyword. It doesn't any more. 

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Prince of Lies

It is sad that alchemy doesn't increase the effect of drugs. For example, that charu charu drug (or whatever it is called) gives +3 might, con and dex. It used to increase this effect by 1 per alchemy level, right? I'm not sure, didn't play at the time. Now it doesn't change at all.

Why not give a smaller effect? Like +0.1 per alchemy level. What is the worst it could happen, someone gets alchemy to 30 and the drug will give +6?

• Like 1

sign.jpg

It is sad that alchemy doesn't increase the effect of drugs. For example, that charu charu drug (or whatever it is called) gives +3 might, con and dex. It used to increase this effect by 1 per alchemy level, right? I'm not sure, didn't play at the time. Now it doesn't change at all.

Why not give a smaller effect? Like +0.1 per alchemy level. What is the worst it could happen, someone gets alchemy to 30 and the drug will give +6?

Still increases the duration, which one could argue is the more important thing, especially for Nalpazca. (More wound generation)

Still increases the duration, which one could argue is the more important thing, especially for Nalpazca. (More wound generation)

Okay now this got me super confused you said:

'Alchemy now only affects the PL of potions, drugs, and poisons. So, perfect for Nalpazca.'

which i unerstood yes 'Yes you still get insane stat bonuses from alchemy when taking drugs/potions'

Then the quote above says otherwise. To me it reads 'Alchemy only increases duration' in which case i will go helwalker. I guess i will roll twenties a nalpazca crafting debug some drugs and see for myself whats going on with alchemy.

And yes i play on PoTD before it was possible to reach some lame will defense values with potions and drugs to be imune to supression caused by debuffs.

Okay just tested how Alchemy levels work on the effect of potions/drugs with a lvl 20 Nalpazca/Bleak Walker  and lvl 21 Alchemy skill

In short: Alchemys does not push effects anymore.

For example Taru Taru drug says: +3 Might +3 Constitution +3Dexterity

This effect dont become +4 or +5 or +8... no matter the alchemy level.

Also Potion of Physical Strength: +2 Might +2 Constitution +2 Dexterity will get overwritten by the effect of Taru Taru drug. So no stacking.

For anyone who stands infront of the decision nalpazca or helwaker:

You can have everything a nalpazca have with drugs/potions and 50% dmg bonus just with less duration on drugs

Btw: The Tooltip on the wiki for Black Flames (Flames of Devotion) the class skill form Bleakwalker is not 20% anymore its 12.5%.

My decision: Helwalker/Wayfarer!

Helwalker is nice if you plan to avoid getting hit too often. You can't play him as a sturdy frontliner unless you pair him with some class that can heal or gives him very high defenses (like Kind Wayfarer - so good combo I think).

For me it's the perfect subclass for a caster/monk multiclass or even a single class ranged monk.

Shattered Pillar got nerfed too hard. If they'd take awya the wound restriction (5 max instead of 10) it might be ok though.

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Helwalker is nice if you plan to avoid getting hit too often. You can't play him as a sturdy frontliner unless you pair him with some class that can heal or gives him very high defenses (like Kind Wayfarer - so good combo I think).

For me it's the perfect subclass for a caster/monk multiclass or even a single class ranged monk.

Shattered Pillar got nerfed too hard. If they'd take awya the wound restriction (5 max instead of 10) it might be ok though.

By the way:

I'm experimenting with a Corpse Eater Barb and Carnage (which scales with PL - also the Corspe Eater food induced ones). A Corspe Eater has to use more auto-attacks than other Barbs because his Rage costs are so high. Shattered Pillar only gains wounds when using auto-attacks (besides Dance of Death).

I now wonder: if I make a Corpse Eater/Shattered Pillar -will I get focus from Carnage? It's an ability so it shouldn't count and only the initial hit roll should give me wounds. But I never tested. I can't play today - so could somebody give me a hint? Pretty please? :)

My by the way:

I almost finished the walkthrough with all quest by now with kind wayfarer/helwalker and i have to say its absolutley insane! 70+ Crit (without the additional lash effects) swift flurry procs and the heals. I completely replaced xoti in my party she became useless to me. Also i found how how maia performs with red hand as rogue/ranger and holy ****... she outdepeses my monk which is a really hard task. PotD with this party is a breeze

Still too easy after all those patches... :(

I regret that i made Aloth a battle mage it isnt too good damage wise i should kept him as a pure wizard.

Battlemage: Citzal's Spirit Lance + Clear Out + Cleaving Stance + Disciplined Strikes = epic damage.

Also stuff like Mirrored Image + Vigorous Defense is great. Nice tanks who can nuke can be build out of that. 

• Like 1

My by the way:

I almost finished the walkthrough with all quest by now with kind wayfarer/helwalker and i have to say its absolutley insane! 70+ Crit (without the additional lash effects) swift flurry procs and the heals. I completely replaced xoti in my party she became useless to me. Also i found how how maia performs with red hand as rogue/ranger and holy ****... she outdepeses my monk which is a really hard task. PotD with this party is a breeze

Still too easy after all those patches... :(

I regret that i made Aloth a battle mage it isnt too good damage wise i should kept him as a pure wizard.

It shouldn't be hard for a good ranged DPS to out-DPS a melee?

Also, upon extensive testing for the course of a playthrough, I think Red Hand is slightly over-rated. Either Aamina's Legacy or Experimental Interruptor does comparable DPS.

That's what I always say: it's not as good as some people claim. It's great, no question (especially on my Assassin/Priest of Skaen), outright awesome against vessels of course - but it's not that crazy powerful compared to what you can do with several other unique weapons - or summoned ones.

Uniques aside - melee dps is usually higher than ranged one. Also because you have to move around a lot more and this has to be balanced out with higher dps (when standing ready at the target) - to achieve the same overall dps. And also to make up for the higher risk (of getting hit).

Edited by Boeroer

That's what I always say: it's not as good as some people claim. It's great, no question (especially on my Assassin/Priest of Skaen), outright awesome against vessels of course - but it's not that crazy powerful compared to what you can do with several other unique weapons - or summoned ones.

Im curious to hear as i missed quite a few patches have any good unique combos/summoned weapons in mind?

I think proccing swift flurry of itself got nerfed. Atleast i never managed to trigger it of itself maybe im just unlucky. I remember it proccing 3 to 4 times of itself doing 200+ damage combos in one go.

It still procs off itself but it rarely happens with a 33% chance.

It also got nerfed further by limiting it to melee only.

Citzal's Spirit Lance or Hand Mortars are insane with Stunning Surge or any ability that does AoE by itself (Heart of Fury, Whispers of the Wind, Clear Out and such).

Also stuff like Scordeo's Edge's 0-recovery phase + Salvation of Time. Or Crave Calling + Beckoner's Skeletons: triggering a foe-only Chillfog for every skeleton you strike down by yourself...

• Like 2

Citzal's Spirit Lance or Hand Mortars are insane with Stunning Surge or any ability that does AoE by itself (Heart of Fury, Whispers of the Wind, Clear Out and such).

Also stuff like Scordeo's Edge's 0-recovery phase + Salvation of Time. Or Crave Calling + Beckoner's Skeletons: triggering a foe-only Chillfog for every skeleton you strike down by yourself...

Wait, ranged weapons like Hand Mortar can be used with melee attack abilities like Clear Out or Stunning Surge? What? I am missing something here (or more like the devs missed out with balance).

Also, I didn't even know that Stunning Surge was an AoE in the first place!

Mhh looks like my battle mage aloth wasnt a bad decision after all i gotta adjust the script for spirit lance and clear out. But Scoredeos edge and salvation of time how could that possibly work together without sounding like a programm bug?

No, Stunning Surge is not an AoE ability. But it works with ranged or melee weapons. Thing is if you use it with AoE weapons (Spirit Lance, WotEP, mortars, rod+Blast) you will nealry always produce a crit (lots of hit rolls= higher crit chance) and that leads to a refund of Mortificaton (besides stunning lots of enemies). So you can spam it endlessly as long as there are a few enemies left.

Clear Out is melee only but works with Spirit Lance in a AoE*AoE fashion, leading to an absurd amount of hit rolls.

Even better: hand mortars work with Heart of Fury and Whispers of the Wind: AoE*(AoE + AoE + 3 Powder burns AoEs). This leads to an attack that bends your graphics card and wipes mobs completely.

• Like 1