map error let me very very very bad

porkhere

Question

I want to know, will this error be solved? sometimes I encounter this error, I feel very, very very bad x 100!

Today is 2018-10-06, why is the loading map error happening, especially since I didn't install any mods in the game, pure DIR and files from steam.

I tried to delete the game, reinstall and change the steam app DIR, it always doesn't work!

WTF!

I have 10 day think about refund, so give me answer, fix or not? when?

I don't want click "RUN" game button...

21 answers to this question

Now that this has been moved to Technical Support, you'd want to include what's asked for here

The game being unable to load resources doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with the game though, you should download some SMART util for your OS and see if there's any logged read errors on your disk.

Now that this has been moved to Technical Support, you'd want to include what's asked for here

You can't include these files in the majority of cases. A map error simply throws you back into the main menu and no file is created. Same with freezes. If you quit the game via task manager - which is the only option, once a freeze occurs - again, no file created. The only instances where the required files are created are outright CTDs. I had two of them, but countless freezes and a number of map loading errors.

More maps error since 3.0 patch, its loading back to main menu no error logs generated. Possible playtrough issue, continue/load save game works fine - just annoying.

* i test 3 times same pattern on new game, always map error exiting Mokeha/Ikawha house (Sātahuzi village), different pattern playtrough no problem.

Edited by rasmakisnandar

In my case the map error happen in a reproducable location. Inside the hanging sepulchers, the forgotten Mausoleum. When trying to exit the Mausoleum it always results in a map error. Different chharacters, different saves. Reloading takes care of the issue.

I would not count on fast resolution.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98693-map-load-errors-unable-to-continue-playing/

I provided my save games and reported a bug almost 2 months ago.

What I got is some vague answer that this is being worked on, but since then, 2 or 3 patches were deployed and non of them resolved it.

It seems that it is not their priority to fix it.

Hey everyone,

I apologize for these pushes to the Title Screen.  Generally something is going wrong and the game boots players there to protect the save file from being corrupted.  If you are able to send the output_log.txt file just after that happens we should be able to see a bit of what was going on that pushed you to the Title Screen.  Though this gives a decent amount of information, it is significantly less than if the game happened to crash to the desktop and provide the crash.dmp and error.log as well.  Programming investigates each of these issues and fixes as many as they can, but as you may have noticed from reading through the forums, people tend to have this happen in different locations from each other and it can happen seemingly anywhere, so there are a lot of variables when looking for the cause and trying to fix.  None of these issues are given up on and we add any provided information for each scene to give us more to work with and compare.

If you run into these situations in the future and want to get it fixed as soon as possible, please grab that output_log.txt file right after the occurrence as well as the most recent save file and send them to support@obsidian.net along with an explanation of where you were, what you were doing, and where you were transitioning to(if applicable).  If needed, you can find instructions on where to obtain the output_log,.txt file and save files here.

Thank you for all the help you've all provided to make Deadfire better, and sorry for the inconveniences you have been running into.

Hey everyone,

I apologize for these pushes to the Title Screen.  Generally something is going wrong and the game boots players there to protect the save file from being corrupted.  If you are able to send the output_log.txt file just after that happens we should be able to see a bit of what was going on that pushed you to the Title Screen.  Though this gives a decent amount of information, it is significantly less than if the game happened to crash to the desktop and provide the crash.dmp and error.log as well.  Programming investigates each of these issues and fixes as many as they can, but as you may have noticed from reading through the forums, people tend to have this happen in different locations from each other and it can happen seemingly anywhere, so there are a lot of variables when looking for the cause and trying to fix.  None of these issues are given up on and we add any provided information for each scene to give us more to work with and compare.

If you run into these situations in the future and want to get it fixed as soon as possible, please grab that output_log.txt file right after the occurrence as well as the most recent save file and send them to support@obsidian.net along with an explanation of where you were, what you were doing, and where you were transitioning to(if applicable).  If needed, you can find instructions on where to obtain the output_log,.txt file and save files here.

Thank you for all the help you've all provided to make Deadfire better, and sorry for the inconveniences you have been running into.

Thank for reply, here is my last log, it written the way:

"Fallback handler could not load library /Applications/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity II/PillarsOfEternityII.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/discord-rpc"
(my systeam is OS X 10.13.6, app in the Applications/SteamLibrary)

I try to check "PillarsOfEternityII.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/discord-rpc"

there is not 'discord-rpc' inside, you can see my screenshot:

and log file link here:

hope it helps you. thank you.

Hey everyone,

Unity got back to us about this issue yesterday and gave the Programming team some ideas for fixing these transition crashes.  The programmers submitted their fix and it is currently undergoing testing to make sure it doesn't break anything else.  Assuming the fix passes, it will likely be added to the next major patch.  Keep an eye on the forums for the latest patch notes to see when the fix is implemented.  It is likely to make it into the Beta Patch branch first if you want to play on that branch when the fix is in.

Thank you for your patience with this long standing bug.

Hey everyone,

Unity got back to us about this issue yesterday and gave the Programming team some ideas for fixing these transition crashes.  The programmers submitted their fix and it is currently undergoing testing to make sure it doesn't break anything else.  Assuming the fix passes, it will likely be added to the next major patch.  Keep an eye on the forums for the latest patch notes to see when the fix is implemented.  It is likely to make it into the Beta Patch branch first if you want to play on that branch when the fix is in.

Thank you for your patience with this long standing bug.

I haven't seen this in patch notes yet. What's the status of it? I'm experiencing this issue, and I've lost 46 hours of play due to saves that either straight-up won't load or saves that crash as soon as I transition to a new map.

Today is 2018-11-05, version is 3.1.0.0016, bug still ! at #9 I report this problem, now the bug still waiting for me, and my progress still right there!!!!

I insist on going down kraken's Eye from 2F! because this is the basic gaming experience, mine!

Since I bought this game, my experience is extremely bad, very bad, I can't go down from 2F, I haven't started the game for almost a month, it's a scam!

When will it be fix, when will I go down 2F? when?!

Hey everyone,

The fix seems to not have fixed every situation as there are still some of you saying you are still getting these occurrances.  I really need those save files and output_log.txt files I mentioned above for the Programming team to be able to look into your individual issues.  Without those there is no data for them to work with to get this fixed for you.  Please send those files to me at support@obsidian.net along with your forum user name and a link to this thread so that I can forward them to the Programming team so they can try to look into these for you.

Thank you and sorry for the length of time these map loading issues are taking to fix.

Today is 2018-11-05, version is 3.1.0.0016, bug still ! at #9 I report this problem, now the bug still waiting for me, and my progress still right there!!!!

I insist on going down kraken's Eye from 2F! because this is the basic gaming experience, mine!

Since I bought this game, my experience is extremely bad, very bad, I can't go down from 2F, I haven't started the game for almost a month, it's a scam!

while i'm sure it's frustrating in general you really need to provide another output_log (or Player.log) as well as a save if it's still a persistent issue. developers can't magically instantly recreate whatever problem you have, no matter how severe it seems to you (especially because most people have no problem).

Hey everyone,

The fix seems to not have fixed every situation as there are still some of you saying you are still getting these occurrances.  I really need those save files and output_log.txt files I mentioned above for the Programming team to be able to look into your individual issues.  Without those there is no data for them to work with to get this fixed for you.  Please send those files to me at support@obsidian.net along with your forum user name and a link to this thread so that I can forward them to the Programming team so they can try to look into these for you.

Thank you and sorry for the length of time these map loading issues are taking to fix.

Thanks; I've emailed you the requested information.

• Like 1

while i'm sure it's frustrating in general you really need to provide another output_log (or Player.log) as well as a save if it's still a persistent issue. developers can't magically instantly recreate whatever problem you have, no matter how severe it seems to you (especially because most people have no problem).

It happened to me few times with latest patch. Where do I obtain this log?

while i'm sure it's frustrating in general you really need to provide another output_log (or Player.log) as well as a save if it's still a persistent issue. developers can't magically instantly recreate whatever problem you have, no matter how severe it seems to you (especially because most people have no problem).

It happened to me few times with latest patch. Where do I obtain this log?

it's in the pinned thread "How to report a bug"

• Like 1

It seems to happen less frequently, but it happens sometimes at the exact same locations as before.

Poko Kohara ruins, trying to transition out of the building with the Adra pillar in it. And within the hanging sepulchers, trying to transition out of the forgotten mausoleum.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Allright, I give file to everybody and you, again. there has Player.log and my Saved Games(folder), and according to log, I found that the error is still the same as #9, lost discord-rpc in "/Applications/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity II/PillarsOfEternityII.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/" there, you can see log line 814:

Fallback handler could not load library /Applications/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity II/PillarsOfEternityII.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/discord-rpc

right? this situation is exactly the same as the return before #9! In short, the file I provide again.

Since I don't know how to send an email or file to you, I will always use it to make a return. Again, I am pretty sure that this error is exactly the same as #9.

files link you can download:

and I recorded the error happend:

However, I almost never hope... I can go down 2F

Hey - Been getting this for the first time since 3.1.1.  I have had it twice happen in the Hanging Sepulchers area, more specifically when I leave the Forgotten Mausoleum back to the Hanging Sepulchers.  Had it happen once in the Forgotten City too.

Here is a save right before I left and an output log.  Hope this helps.  Would also mention in the Forgotten Mausoleum it is one of the first areas where I am getting FPS drops, most everything else is fine.

Save game link and output file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XNpYaK9xwqsHAXatMwtYP05L_Y-cfikX

EDIT:  Would note that when it got the error the little emblem for loading in the corner never showed up - would it be amazing that it was simply an error with the small emblem??? Pure theorizing no basis what so ever for my theory lol.

Edited by bringingyouthefuture

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy