Please, well-written dialogue be in!

English is not my first language, but Torment also was the first game where I was forced to take dictionary out to translate some things to my own language, and I loved doing it.

Odd, i too had problems with the language at the time, and i used a dictionary to get throught the game as well, interesting, nay ?!?

I almost went nuts trying to figure out Hanna's contorted idiom, fun times... :p

Torment is also my favored game, and i hope Obsidian does a great job with KOTOR2, still, i wouldn't expect a game of the same caliber, too many restrictions.

However, if KOTOR2 is a success, i hope it might allow Obsidian to develop another Torment, who knows...

Atari is sitting on the D&D license. And I suspect, after doing KOTOR:2, that with the creative talent at Obsidian, that they'd want to do an original intellectual property after that.

Heck, after NWN and KOTOR, Bioware decided it was time for them to do the same.

Odd, i too had problems with the language at the time, and i used a dictionary to get throught the game as well, interesting, nay ?!?

I almost went nuts trying to figure out Hanna's contorted idiom, fun times... :rolleyes:

Torment is also my favored game, and i hope Obsidian does a great job with KOTOR2, still, i wouldn't expect a game of the same caliber, too many restrictions.

However, KOTOR2 is a success, i hope it might allow Obsidian to develop another Torment, who knows...

Yeah, plus mix of Sigil slang didn

I guess the trick is to make something with as great a story and atmosphere as Torment, but also as popular as KOTOR. I don't believe PS:T had very good sales, which is a damn shame. All a balancing act, I guess.

Atari is sitting on the D&D license. And I suspect, after doing KOTOR:2, that with the creative talent at Obsidian, that they'd want to do an original intellectual property after that.

I didn't say another Torment game, i said another Torment, as in, another game of that order...

I would be very surprised if there isn't a good storyline in the game, considering who is behind it. There may be aspects released that I'm not crazy about, but I'm confident that it will be well presented and immersive. *shrug*

If another company besides Obsidian were doing it, I'd have severe doubts, but considering their employees past works (namely PS:T) I'm not too worried about it.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

Torment still is the best game ever created, because it

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Atari is sitting on the D&D license.  And I suspect, after doing KOTOR:2, that with the creative talent at Obsidian, that they'd want to do an original intellectual property after that.

I didn't say another Torment game, i said another Torment, as in, another game of that order...

mmm. a game of that order would really be great- who needs licensed settings? if you've got a team with such a good record, it'd be worthwhile to come up with something that makes the fans go nuts with anticipation.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

We all seem to agree that P:T had incredible dialogue.

Do any other games spring to mind?

Deus Ex.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Deus Ex.

Deus Ex? Did you ever listen to the french in that game? Or the japanese?

Max payne = good dialogue. or monologue, rather.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Beyond Good & Evil is my new favorite game, though there wasn't really any RPing since it's of the same genre as Zelda, it had me more attached, and worried about the characters by the end of it than any other game I've ever played.

Max Payne's dialogue was awesome as well though, I love the 'noir' dectective, descriptions of everything, plays like a frigging movie. ;)

I haven't played Max Payne, Deus Ex, or Beyond Good and Evil.

Starts making notes...

I still haven't played the original Deus Ex, but I have played the sequel, still can't figure out why so many people gave it bad reviews, Xplay gave it a 5/5 if I remember correctly, and I find they're usually dead on; plus I played it and it r0x0red. B)

Ender, you bum, I can't beleive you haven't played Max Payne, the original's only three years old, and the sequel is only just as good as the first. ;)

That's okay though, I still have Planescape: Torment on my to do list.

Soooo many good games. ;)

P.S. The engine for Max Payne 2 is Havok 2, which only has the most realistic rag doll and enviromental explosions I've seen to date. Sadly, you need a GFX card with at least 132 megs of ram to play it at full settings, just out of reach of my Radeon 9600 XT. :o I can play it with everything except Anti Aliasing on though. :)

P.P.S. Make no mistake though, it will run right decently on a fairly low end system, so even if your system isn't uber 1337, you should still be able to run it. :)

Starts making notes...

I still haven't played the original Deus Ex, but I have played the sequel, still can't figure out why so many people gave it bad reviews, Xplay gave it a 5/5 if I remember correctly, and I find they're usually dead on; plus I played it and it r0x0red. B)

Because the first one is better than the second in almost every department, especially in character development and story. Heck, it even won more GOTY-awards than KotOR.

Play the first one, you should find it for a mere 8

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Starts making notes...

Because the first one is better than the second in almost every department, especially in character development and story. Heck, it even won more GOTY-awards than KotOR.

Play the first one, you should find it for a mere 8

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

My roommate had Max Payne on the PS2. I had it in my house for over a year, and never played it. I saw some of my buddies play it from time to time.

It looked nifty, but then again, it seemed that the point of the game was to kill every single person in NYC. You see someone, you kill them. Then again, is this a bad thing?

Deus Ex.

Never liked the dialog in that game.

The voice acting was particularly hideous.

I always felt Deus Ex was over-rated in terms of story and over all 'deph'.

What made the game so great in my view was the gameplay, which was downright brilliant...