So, what is exactly the amount of healing provided by Unbending ? I've never been sure.

It's base value is 25% of damage received.

As it provide healing over time, I suppose Might and Intellect are taken into acount.

In addition to Unbending duration, does PL also affects the amount of healing per tick and the total duration of regeneration due to 1 single attack ?

Do % Healing stack additively with Might ?

Based on formula for similar spells, I would expect :

Total % of damage regenerated = 25 x [(1+%Int Duration Bonus) * (1+0.05 x (PL-5)] x [(1+%Mig Healing Bonus + %Healng Bonus) * (1+0.05 x (PL-5)]

Within a duration of [(1+%Int Duration Bonus) * (1+0.05 x (PL-5)] x Base Duration for each attack.

It would be useful to target the right number for 100% healing.

Does  it also work with self inflicted damages such as Mortification, Take the Hit and Sacred Immolation ?

Edited by Elric Galad

So, what is exactly the amount of healing provided by Unbending ? I've never been sure.

It's base value is 25% of damage received.

As it provide healing over time, I suppose Might and Intellect are taken into acount.

In addition to Unbending duration, does PL also affects the amount of healing per tick and the total duration of regeneration due to 1 single attack ?

Do % Healing stack additively with Might ?

Based on formula for similar spells, I would expect :

Total % of damage regenerated = 25 x [(1+%Int Duration Bonus) * (1+0.05 x (PL-5)] x [(1+%Mig Healing Bonus + %Healng Bonus) * (1+0.05 x (PL-5)]

Within a duration of [(1+%Int Duration Bonus) * (1+0.05 x (PL-5)] x Base Duration for each attack.

It would be useful to target the right number for 100% healing.

Does  it also work with self inflicted damages such as Mortification, Take the Hit and Sacred Immolation ?

I don't think the percentage of damage regenerated (25%) is changed by anything except for the Unbending Trunk (33%) upgrade.

The thing that would scale would be duration. (PL, Int, etc)

I might be wrong- but typically if it doesn't have a tooltip showing the scaling, it doesn't seem to scale. And the percentage of damage regenerated doesn't have a tooltip. 

Edited by Prince of Lies

Then stuff like FoD wouldn't scale with PL as well (no tooltip-window on increased dmg) - but it does. 5% base dmg per Power Level.

This could also be the case with Unbending - but I don't know if it's the case or not.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

As per my tests it does scale with PL but I don't know the exact formula. Every time the character is hit a side unbending effect is applied (has the same name but it's different). This side unbending effect heals at every tick. Now the heal per tick does not seem to scale with PL or Might but looks to be dependent on the damage received: DmgReceived*0.33*0.6 (for unbending trunk). However, the length of this side unbending effect scales with PL. At PL 7 I was seeing a duration of 5.6s irrespective of the damage dealt. This should be the default duration as the unbending trunk is also a martial ability of level 7. Also the intelligence of my character was at 10 (not sure yet if intelligence affects the duration of this side unbending effect). I am wondering though, why this weird default value. With the same character, at PL 9 I was seeing a duration of 6.2s. So, I guess it's roughly a 5% increase in length per PL (neglecting errors due to roundings as displayed in the various interfaces).

Interesting that Might does not seem to have an effect whatsoever.

Later edit:

Intelligence does also affect the length of the side unbending effect together with PL. It 's again roughly 5% per attribute point.

So, to sum up, I think we have something like this for unbending trunk: Health_per_Tick=Received_Dmg*0.33*0.6; Duration_of_Healing=5.6s*[1+0.05*(Intelligence-10)]*[1+0.05*(PL-7)]

Edited by kmbogd
  • Like 2