v3.0.1 Patch Notes

Hello Watchers!

This patch will go live on Steam, GoG, and Origin at 10:00 am PDT! Build will go live on the Apple Store pending Apple approval.

Patch notes for v3.0.1.0026

• GoG users will no longer be missing DLC information when they shouldn't and vice versa.
  • Saves now work as expected when attempting to create a save file.
  • Izzia's conversation will no longer trap the user in a dialog window.
  • Music no longer overlaps during day and night cycles.
  • Fixed an issue where only 5 of the 10 Galawain Challenge buffs were being used for each playthrough.
  • Flames of Devotion no longer gets stuck in an infinite animation loop.
  • Text is now bolded in not-Latin languages
  • All ships can now be used when starting "Seeker, Slayer, Survivor."
  • Fur of Frost passive no longer gets reapplied when removed with a Fire ability.
  • Dance with Death Quest now correctly references the Ghost Ship during dialog

• Like 9

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

When you say saves now work as expected does this include old saves?

I'll run thru by works and breaks mod again to verify this

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105756-bmac-savegame-issues-again/?p=2097454

Yipee - the test above now works in 3.0.1!

The reallybad.zip still don't work but this test does, definite progress!
  • Like 1

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Oops - missed the delete + reload

Still broken via cache :(

./patch_pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_en_v3_0_0_0018_23966_to_v3_0_1_0026_24181.sh
Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums: 3d0156d598802e0b5285ed689fdd2a04 is different from 0b1f4a7d7491e2245873c73f1e4d1450

Edited by cloudline
  • Like 1

./patch_pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_en_v3_0_0_0018_23966_to_v3_0_1_0026_24181.sh

Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums: 3d0156d598802e0b5285ed689fdd2a04 is different from 0b1f4a7d7491e2245873c73f1e4d1450

upgrade to v3.0.0.0021 first

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

There is no 21 on Linux.

Yes, you are supposed to reinstall the whole game. Full installer is not corrupted.

It sucks because I've been playing DeadFire since day 1 and installing all updates immediately upon release. Starting with the 2.0.1.0034 to 3.0.0.0018 patch I haven't been able to install them. The GOG installer themselves wouldn't allow me. With the above patch the error said that there was a version number mismatch, which was incorrect. I was running exactly the correct version. I reinstalled the game from new to 3.0.0.0018. Now 3.0.1.0026 says that there's an MD5 sum error. I can confirm that the download was not corrupted in transmission as I did it from multiple browers with the same result.

Izzia doesn't get stuck anymore, but her conversation still refers to an encounter with some assassins that nobody so far seems to have had. Furthermore, she seems to not be able to forge the item I think she's supposed to forge (which I assume is that crown already available in the game files). Probably still bugged.