[Electric Dyslexic]--Scroll Spamming Thaumaturge of Wael

If you're not in Solo mode, you can recruit him and get the robe.

Otherwise you can kill him through conversation, but that will make you cruel, so make sure you're in no rest mode before that for the Nature's Resolve buff.

Lastly, you can always just leave him where he is and attack him once conversation is over for no penalty... fair combat that way, no? :D 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Yeah, the giftbearer cloak is not so good. I had the +10 +10 +10 cloak on and with 15 history, the GC only nets +2 more to each. Maybe it should scale with +1 for each history skill point. Somebody will say, that is too much, but that protection spell nets you +15 anyway, and with SoT it has a long duration.

Magnera's Chain gives you another +10 Will for those fights. With System Shock you should have enough armour to get Overpenetrated by the Maelstrom. 

I don't know if you can enchant Griffin's Blade right now, but that's another 5 Will. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

My crit rate also went down when I became lazy and used more scrolls xD. 

I was at a solid 50 % crit rate when I was chaining my Wizard spells proper and targeting mostly Reflex. Add in the occasional Nature's Mark or Pillar of Fire and you can do a lot. Also 25 % extra crit conversion from Shadowflame and occasional swing from Sun and Moon for more. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

The same gizmos apply with Fire Naga. They have got very low Fire Armour and Maelstrom chooses to prioritize Fire Damage with them, only to heal them an insane amount. It seems that in the case of Fire Immunity Maelstrom only does Fire damage. 

For her, just buff yourself with a good lash and spam Embrace of the Earth Talon and Minoletta's Concusive. She does go down quick. You can also do some basic attacks which will do a lot of damage, as well. Her deflection is like 80 or so, if memory serves. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

The same gizmos apply with Fire Naga. They have got very low Fire Armour and Maelstrom chooses to prioritize Fire Damage with them, only to heal them an insane amount. It seems that in the case of Fire Immunity Maelstrom only does Fire damage. 

For her, just buff yourself with a good lash and spam Embrace of the Earth Talon and Minoletta's Concusive. She does go down quick. You can also do some basic attacks which will do a lot of damage, as well. Her deflection is like 80 or so, if memory serves. 

That has to be a bug. It should at least damage her from the shock damage. But Minolettas does not penetrate and Earth Talon does not enough damage. I got her down to bloodied, but after that i ran out of buffs.

I never really had a problem with that fight. I do have an older safe with a somewhat unoptimized build there. If you want I can post a vid.

That would help. One time i got her down to near death, but did not bring along more talon scrolls. But most of the time, she just don't receive the crits from the cast.

I'm rusty... this is first try, but I forgot the drink Potion of Ascention and Perfect Aim. DON'T do it like me xD.

You might want to wait a bit to get a better quality. It does happen with newly uploaded vids. 

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus
  • Like 1

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archaven just send me a message to tell me that Detro's Cage Helm's effect has been changed to once per encounter.

Can somebody confirm, because if that's the case it means that the build is sufficiently less fun to play now. There are still ways to go solo and do almost everything, but the build will need to grind through much more bloated combat.

Thanks in advance. 

EDIT: false alarm.

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bump because this post showed the strength of BDD a while back.

Been running a build thru with it based on using Wall of Draining to extend time (as suggested above and in the other thread too) of BDD.  Fights that were very tough on my Tactician/Bloodmage (especially with flank-immune enemies) are much easier, incluing both Oracle battles in FS, BoW bosses, etc.

What I am noticing are the mobs that cast Arcane Cleanse (which doesn't seem to have a to-hit roll like Arcane Damper), in fights where I never noticed them before.  They tend to kill me outright.  There are sporelings in FS (library etc) who have an ability called Noxious Injection that also seems to act the same way - removes all buffs, and you die ... to a sporeling.  So certain fights are much harder.  I'd like to know how to avoid Arcane Cleanse (maybe you just constantly have to keep Arcane Reflection up?) because you can build will to avoid Damper (>194 or so). 

It does get a little tedious buffing so much at the start of each fight. 

Once again, priest of skaen and shadowing beyond to become untargetable. It is easy to spot when someone cast it, other priests can cast whitdraw on themselfs. Or go for interrupts but it can be tricky. Arcane cleanse is a bane, there is no save throw for It I think.

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

I think you're talking about when they cast Damper, but I can't tell when they're going to do it (esp with lots of mobs on screen) - how can you tell?  With the sporelings, again how can you tell when they are going to cast the Injection thing?  It's like a melee arcane damper or cleanse.  These are the ones that are difficult. The impossible ones so far to me are the Sigil of Cleansing (Sigilmaster) and sometimes bosses (like Ooze megaboss, who seems to have an attack that acts as a cleanse or damper, he was wiping out my BDD) or regular mobs like on Deck of Many Things crew (who cast Cleanse).