So i just got back to the game and there is this new Berath Blessing , Loaded Pockets , i always love to play a thief char , before they rename it to rogue , and i really like pick pocket , sadly in most games is very bad implemented , my question is , this blessing really change something ? It is worth it ?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by Whitewolfsp

I'd expect that the loaded pockets blessing deals more with combat loot lists than targets for pick-pocketing. Pick-pocket isn't worth much in Deadfire imo, and I don't think this feature is designed as a remedy for that.

Maybe i get it wrong , but the way is described : 

Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items ...

I'd expect that the loaded pockets blessing deals more with combat loot lists than targets for pick-pocketing. Pick-pocket isn't worth much in Deadfire imo, and I don't think this feature is designed as a remedy for that.

Maybe i get it wrong , but the way is described : 

Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items ...

Fair enough, you could be right. They do make it a point to use the word "pockets" as opposed to "inventories" :)

Maybe ask a dev in one of the feedback/support forums? I also play a lot of thieves and would like some more incentive to invest in sleight of hand.

• Like 1

I have made a topic about this on reddit and got this response

DarthWraith22

2 points·4 days ago

I just found that the daughter of one of those feuding families in Neketaka (the one who hires you to find her brother) can now be pickpocketed for a Healer's Sash and one more item. Also, the quartermaster in the Brass Citadel now has a Ring of Overseeing.

• Like 1

I'm doing a run with this perk, haven't really noticed that much difference so far.  I've been making a point to pick-pocket everyone in sight.  Run is now on hold due to the unique/exceptional items losing their stats bug (though I had started to think of it as a secret Challenge of Wael  :devil: )

• Like 1

I'm doing a run with this perk, haven't really noticed that much difference so far.  I've been making a point to pick-pocket everyone in sight.  Run is now on hold due to the unique/exceptional items losing their stats bug (though I had started to think of it as a secret Challenge of Wael  :devil: )

Can you please link me to this bug dang

DarthWraith22

2 points·4 days ago

I just found that the daughter of one of those feuding families in Neketaka (the one who hires you to find her brother) can now be pickpocketed for a Healer's Sash and one more item. Also, the quartermaster in the Brass Citadel now has a Ring of Overseeing.

I'm the guy who gave that response on Reddit, and so far those items are pretty much what I've found. I started a new playthrough with Loaded Pockets enabled and I've been faithfully going through the pockets of every named NPC so far in the campaign. I also haven't noticed any difference in loot drops beyond the normal variations. I have to say, unless there's some subtle thing I'm missing this appears to be an extremely underwhelming Blessing for its cost of 12 points.

• Like 1

Someone needs to somehow datamine all the changes that challenge causes XD Would be super good if we could get a new loot list or something. Pickpocketing is so underwheling I hope later npcs have some actually good stuff, like greater cloak or bracer of deflection to pilfer.

DarthWraith22

2 points·4 days ago

I'm the guy who gave that response on Reddit, and so far those items are pretty much what I've found. I started a new playthrough with Loaded Pockets enabled and I've been faithfully going through the pockets of every named NPC so far in the campaign. I also haven't noticed any difference in loot drops beyond the normal variations. I have to say, unless there's some subtle thing I'm missing this appears to be an extremely underwhelming Blessing for its cost of 12 points.

Thank you so much, and please keep us updated!

Can you please link me to this bug dang

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105920-downgradingdisenchanting-of-quality-and-unique-gear/

I feel like the perk isn't working. I'm not seeing any difference. It's cool Obsidian, I have 60 - 100 hrs to kill to complete a playthrough whenever I'd like :p

Ps there is STILL the bug of a previous weapon modal staying after switch. Is Obsidian made up of 16 yr old Russian hackers?! I know ppl say it's not that buggy of a game, but it really is.

Edited by Verde

I feel like the perk isn't working. I'm not seeing any difference. It's cool Obsidian, I have 60 - 100 hrs to kill to complete a playthrough whenever I'd like :p

Ps there is STILL the bug of a previous weapon modal staying after switch. Is Obsidian made up of 16 yr old Russian hackers?! I know ppl say it's not that buggy of a game, but it really is.

Nah, the perk works, it just seems to be a low percentage of additional items.

And apparently there were issues with Russian localization. Everybody knows that it's actually a Canadian conspiracy of microaggression to push us to the arms of our BioWare overlords. :p