I know of no other one handed melee weapon which does lightning dmg. 

Scordeos Edge is always nice. 

And get yourself some Boltcatchers. :)

Is this worth it over other top tier gloves? I've never used it, but most enemies do not use lightning damage; and the chance to proc it yourself is entirely dependent on crits (and I do not know whether it procs all the time on crits or only a percentage of the time).

• Like 1

Used to be 100% of the times; got nerfed to 33%.

IMO it could have stayed at 100% since it relies on critting which isn’t going to happen all the time in the first place (and requires investment to make it happen regularly.)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

IMO it could have stayed at 100% since it relies on critting which isn’t going to happen all the time in the first place (and requires investment to make it happen regularly.)

Thanks; I suspected it can no longer be 100 percent, because most 100 percent on-crit effects seem to have been nerfed.

So at 33 percent, you aren't going to get higher than 15 percent actual proc in almost all cases.

I kind of hate the current proccing mechanism implemented by Obsidian. Earlier it was proccing recursively and now it got nerfed till to the point many items that relies on proccing ain't worth it anymore. Sometimes i wonder, they have great ideas but they are bad at implementing them.

• Like 1

I kind of hate the current proccing mechanism implemented by Obsidian. Earlier it was proccing recursively and now it got nerfed till to the point many items that relies on proccing ain't worth it anymore. Sometimes i wonder, they have great ideas but they are bad at implementing them.

Exactly.