Hello, I have been experimenting a bit on 2h for my alt, and I was wondering how can I achieve an insane high damage 2 h build with minimal micro?

I heard that berserker/streetfighter was great damage but is there anything else? (Also I don't want to be limited by the confusion debuff)

Is devoted worth it or overrated?

Devoted/Helwalker with DoC breastplate, Helm of the Falcon, Mohora Wraps, and either BotEP or Voidwheel. Start with 18 DEX and wear the sandals that give +2 DEX, then take Armored Grace and use either Abraham or Cutthroat Cosmo as your pet.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

One of the best is Streetfighter/Soulblade with Whispers of the Endless Paths.

Just looked up Soulblade, and 40 percent passive damage add with Biting Whip? Wow!

So they can be built as a pure melee character when multi-classing with a martial class?

Just looked up Soulblade, and 40 percent passive damage add with Biting Whip? Wow!

So they can be built as a pure melee character when multi-classing with a martial class?

Are they 40%? In my game it says 30%

I am reading off of Wiki.

But are you using Soul Blade though? They get the extra 10 percent on the Biting Whip.

Devoted/Helwalker with DoC breastplate, Helm of the Falcon, Mohora Wraps, and either BotEP or Voidwheel. Start with 18 DEX and wear the sandals that give +2 DEX, then take Armored Grace and use either Abraham or Cutthroat Cosmo as your pet.

That sounds fun - does helwalker not make you squishy?

But are you using Soul Blade though? They get the extra 10 percent on the Biting Whip.

Soul blade is the same as no subclass cipher they only get soul annihilation and focus on melee kill

• Like 1

Addendum:

So Rogue/Cipher would have 90 percent damage on Sneak Attack alone. That's insane. Probably too squishy for melee but this sounds like an interesting ranged build!

Actually Streetfighter who is blooded or flanked (can use blunderbuss modal to get flanked status) gets up to 60% sneak damage + 50% streetfighter bonus, eventually at PL VII also +50% deathblows against enemies with 2 statuses (in melee Persistant Distruction provides both). Then the active abilities provide another +25%, DoTs, afflictions and Devastating Blow can potentially add up too 300% vs badly hurt enemies. Also if both blooded and flanked, another +100% on a crit. So the total bonus damage is quite a lot higher then 90%.

Unless you mean only passively and at first level.. then together with the Cipher, for a triggered streetfighter it would be... +100%? Unless both flanked and blooded and crit, of course..

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

That sounds fun - does helwalker not make you squishy?

Yes, though there are ways to mitigate it. You definitely don’t want a group of enemies focusing fire on you.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Soul blade is the same as no subclass cipher they only get soul annihilation and focus on melee kill

You are right; I checked in-game just now. The Wiki numbers must be obsolete.

Addendum:

So Rogue/Cipher would have 90 percent damage on Sneak Attack alone. That's insane. Probably too squishy for melee but this sounds like an interesting ranged build!

Actually Streetfighter who is blooded or flanked (can use blunderbuss modal to get flanked status) gets up to 60% sneak damage + 50% streetfighter bonus, eventually at PL VII also +50% deathblows against enemies with 2 statuses (in melee Persistant Distruction provides both). Then the active abilities provide another +25%, DoTs, afflictions and Devastating Blow can potentially add up too 300% vs badly hurt enemies. Also if both blooded and flanked, another +100% on a crit. So the total bonus damage is quite a lot higher then 90%.

Unless you mean only passively and at first level.. then together with the Cipher, for a triggered streetfighter it would be... +100%? Unless both flanked and blooded and crit, of course..

I don't like to keep characters at Bloodied state though. I have my scripts to heal at 75 percent and at 50 percent. So I'd be losing out on the Bloodied bonus from either Human or Streetfighter, and thus I do not factor them into equation in my game-play.

Well Flanked works as well. I generally also healed and didn't do Barring the Death's Door cheese.

Before Unbending you have to be carefull about charging in the middle of enemies though (unless you have a shield and maybe some defense bonuses, resolve).

But when it gets dangerous, the "On the Edge" bonus usually starts to kick in... and then enemies just die fast around you.. and it's suddenly much safer. 

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

Well Flanked works as well. I generally also healed and didn't do Barring the Death's Door cheese.

Before Unbending you have to be carefull about charging in the middle of enemies though (unless you have a shield and maybe some defense bonuses, resolve).

But when it gets dangerous, the "On the Edge" bonus usually starts to kick in... and then enemies just die fast around you.. and it's suddenly much safer. 

I will have a Paladin/Rogue near him at all times (my main), so he won't be alone. I am also thinking about getting a pure support character that is something like a Paladin/Priest or a Paladin/Chanter.

It's not only the Sneak Attack + Whip or the low recovery that make Streetfighter/Soulblade with WotEP a top notch dps build, it's also the fact  that Soul Annihilation dumps its raw damage in an AoE with the WotEP. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Helwalker/trickster with chromo staff and max metaphysics does pretty sick single target damage and pretty good survivability attacking with reach and trickster spells. Use enduring dance to get your wounds up.

If you have priest and/or paladin you can get away with using amra for mobs. Pretty fun but more micro management

It's not only the Sneak Attack + Whip or the low recovery that make Streetfighter/Soulblade with WotEP a top notch dps build, it's also the fact  that Soul Annihilation dumps its raw damage in an AoE with the WotEP. 

So it only becomes top-tier DPS melee with an AoE weapon?

Hmm, so I guess Ranger/Rogue is still king of ranged DPS then?

Edited by Lampros