Here is why I'm not playing right now...

It's NOT because I don't like the game, it's the exact opposite. I love all it wants to be, but the bugs and issues, I just want to wait until they're dealt with and the game is ready for me to fully enjoy. I've not touched the latest 2 DLC, they're sitting there installed and ready for when it seems the issues are fully dealt with.

So, if you do have some metrics on people playing vs not playing, here is my reason. Don't worry about me thinking this is a bad game and that's why I'm not playing. I LOVE what the game wants to be, and I'm patient.

As far as I'm concerned you have this kick-ass game here, so good that I don't want it ruined by bugs and issues. I'm guessing there could be more people just like me who are merely wanting the perfect experience with it.

Well... thanks for sharing, I'll try not to be too upset about it!

But more seriously, I wish I had just waited until everything had been released and got it for cheaper/in a better state. I have put the game on hold until everything is out for it as I probably won't be replaying anytime soon as this back log of games keeps building up...!

Oh well!

Edited by daven

nowt

so... after 3 patches and 2 dlc releases and the game is still bug ridden?

Not really, no. There are a few minor bugs here and there, but the worst of it has been polished out. The game's in good shape right now (but it's still getting balance tweaks virtually every patch; you may or may not find those worth waiting out).

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 4

Oh I just read through the Steam forums and it was painting this picture that people wasn't playing PoE2, but was PoE1. I realised I wasn't playing PoE2 either, but not because I don't want to. I'm just waiting, in case some people at Obsidian reads it, it doesn't hurt to hear that there might be another reason than people not just liking the game. :)

so... after 3 patches and 2 dlc releases and the game is still bug ridden?

No, it's not "ridden" with bugs, but there are some for sure. I'm not here trying to say it's unplayable or unenjoyable, but that is the way of Internet these days I suppose, hyperboles. I said I'm just waiting for it to be as perfect as it can become. I don't MIND waiting, I could happily wait for all DLC to be out to fully get back into it again. I'm not waiting as some kind of protest.

By Obsidian standards it's not particularly buggy, but then I haven't replayed the early stages so I don't know if the stuff about big conpanion conversations and romances happening too early, or some quest triggers not working in places like Fort Deadlight, is any better

One shouldn't put too much stock in Steam forums and reviews as they tend to feed on controversy and are hyperbolic by nature.

I did finish Deadfire once so I know for a fact that it can be played through (which is not exactly the same as saying that it is bug free).

The reason I'm waiting is simple, I have a number of other games I've been meaning to play and I want to be able to experience the whole content for my second run.

Plus ! still have to make up my mind regarding a class and character and whether or not I'll be going through the first game when I do. Decisions such are these are never easy. ;)

• Like 4

I for one got freezes all over the game.

Character creation, freeze. It's a gamble if it works or not. Certain transitions, freeze. And by that I mean certain transitions, such as exiting the Valian trade company. It always freezes there. I have to hard quit to desktop. After reloading the autosave it's working again. There's also another point that always results in a map loading error. Can't name it because this is the no spoiler section, but it's reproducable. Again, reloading takes care of the issue. Level scaling, browsing through the character menus, sometimes results in a freeze. Again, a gamble. If the whole party is levelling, I made it my business to always save between characters, so that I don't have to go through the whole process again.

Oh, yes. As has been suggested, I have disabled the steam overlay and I am always starting the game through the alias on my desktop with administrator privileges.