Combat resolved but encounter not ending

Vorad

Question

Hey all, I have noticed that if I turn on gods challenges, after the combat is resolved and the mobs are killed in an area the encounter does not end. This has happened to me on several occasions when I eliminate a group of mobs yet I still remain in combat. The same combat would end right after the group of mobs is killed if the gods challenges are not on. I must assume there is something going on with the challenge of Berath perhaps there's a conflict with the fleeing from combat challenge (but I'm not fleeing though!). This happens if one chooses to fight the mobs in the first cave right in the shipwreck area when game starts or when one engages the animals in front of the digging site near Port Maje.

Edited by Vorad

3 answers to this question

This is related to having Berath's Challenge activated. I think it's meant to prevent against the tried and true tactic of peeling away enemies from larger groups so you can kill them off, take a break, rinse and repeat. However, the reason your combat is not ending is because there are additional enemies that were either close enough to that first group you killed or considered part of that "mob" that they are aggro'ed, even if they never fought against you. What you have to do is go a little further and seek out that enemy, kill it, and then combat will end.

Edited by cloudblade70

Hey everyone,

It is strange that you are getting stuck in combat like this.  I hope it is something as simple as Cloud describes, but in either case, I have created a bug report to have the QA and Programming teams investigate.  If you discover anything else about this, please let us know as I will be linking this thread to the report as a reference.

Thank you and sorry for the inconveniences this can cause.

Hello again everyone!

I just got an update and thought I'd pass it along.  Cloud is 100% correct in that the enemies in the immediate area would need to also be defeated for combat to end.  Essentially in Berath's Challenge, creatures are put into combat groups and all creatures in those combat groups need to be taken care of before combat will end.

I hope this helps clear things up!

• Like 1