Sorry, one more question:

Can you stack multiple Brands and Gouging Strikes if you have multiple Paladins or Rogues, as I often do?

I don't think that works but i never tried it. Normally i don't use gouging strike, because confounding blind is better.

Yeah, Gouging Strike seems a bit more of a niche ability.

I managed to beat her, but after i left the place and re-entered it, she spawns again. So, you can beat her several times and always get the Mythical Adra Stone. Äh and now i have around 50 Luminous Adra Dust, because the little spiderlings drop it (one time i got adra ban too).

I don't think it is intented xd

Hey Baldurs_Gate_2,

Would you be able to do us a favor and provide us with a save file where this is occurring.  We have been unable to reproduce this in house and are hoping your save file will help us identify the cause of the problem so we can fix it.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

Did you succeed nonetheless? And how long did it take you?

Yup, not too long. Summoned weapons do a decent amount of damage, and it would be even quicker if I had troubadur or more chanters. 

I managed to beat her, but after i left the place and re-entered it, she spawns again. So, you can beat her several times and always get the Mythical Adra Stone. Äh and now i have around 50 Luminous Adra Dust, because the little spiderlings drop it (one time i got adra ban too).

I don't think it is intented xd

Hey Baldurs_Gate_2,

Would you be able to do us a favor and provide us with a save file where this is occurring.  We have been unable to reproduce this in house and are hoping your save file will help us identify the cause of the problem so we can fix it.

Thanks for the help!

Here is mine. I hope it is a right autosave, it should be right outside the Spiders combat place, just after killing it. Entering it, will initiate another encounter:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10H1XlOEqypc8OIlo9IXPOXGhthv5azjs/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Hey Obsidian,

when will you remove this Gouging Strike/ Brand Enemy cheese? I cant see it anymore...  :banghead:

How will anyone win this encounter then? ;)

A paladin/chanter can solo her. You have to keep her at distance (keep her spiders between you and her) and attack from distance with a scepter (it deals crush damage and penetrates her armor). Cadhu Scalth with the modal activated and the regeneration/armor take care of all the incoming damage. Maybe I'll make a video later with the encounter and the items/build used.

PS. Killing spiders lowers her defenses but increases her offense (+1acc/+1dmg/+1spd for every spider killed) so killing too many of them isn't a good strategy.

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 5

Hey Obsidian,

when will you remove this Gouging Strike/ Brand Enemy cheese? I cant see it anymore...  :banghead:

How will anyone win this encounter then? ;)

A paladin/chanter can solo her. You have to keep her at distance (keep her spiders between you and her) and attack from distance with a scepter (it deals crush damage and penetrates her armor). Cadhu Scalth with the modal activated and the regeneration/armor take care of all the incoming damage. Maybe I'll make a video later with the encounter and the items/build used.

PS. Killing spiders lowers her defenses but increases her offense (+1acc/+1dmg/+1spd for every spider killed) so killing too many of them isn't a good strategy.

Ironically, it almost seems better to solo her then go in with a full party? I think a full party will aggro everything to you without extreme micro-management.

Please, make the video. This build looks interesting. :yes:

sign.jpg

Oh...

Where is that oversized spider located? :D 

I am really bad at this. I do want to give her a try, but I don't see an immediate way to her... already killed the big crocodiles, which concluded the tripple S dlc. Damn... 

Any help appreciated!

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Oh...

Where is that oversized spider located? :D 

I am really bad at this. I do want to give her a try, but I don't see an immediate way to her... already killed the big crocodiles, which concluded the tripple S dlc. Damn... 

Any help appreciated!

It's not part of the DLC island. It's on the island on top left. It's kind of hard to miss it.

Here's the long and boring video (paladin/rogue or paladin/cipher can kill her much faster):

https://youtu.be/PHiWq0gBvIY

With enough regeneration (Ring of Greater Regeneration, Three Trolls Stitched, Fleshmender, Whiteleaf,...) I think it's possible to use this strategy with any class. Ciphers are probably the only class who can CC her effectively using charm/dominate.

• Like 2

Here's the long and boring video (paladin/rogue or paladin/cipher can kill her much faster):

With enough regeneration (Ring of Greater Regeneration, Three Trolls Stitched, Fleshmender, Whiteleaf,...) I think it's possible to use this strategy with any class. Ciphers are probably the only class who can CC her effectively using charm/dominate.

The question is, why you don't get hit? Is 142 deflection enough for that?

Can you explain your tactics here? In the vid.

The question is, why you don't get hit? Is 142 deflection enough for that?

At some point (don't know what triggers it) she stops attacking from range and just tries to come at melee range.

Can you explain your tactics here? In the vid.

At the beginning I just try to kill enough spiders while avoiding her melee attack. Once her defenses are low enough I position myself in order to keep enough spiders between us and prevent her from closing in. (From time to time I killed a few spiders behind me to lower her defenses a little more.) After that I just attack her until death. Sometimes I summoned the animated weapons and used the bow to attack her from the distance, while sending the melee weapon to kill some more spiders - just for the fun because it doesn't help very much.

• Like 3

Obsidian i am calling for these new abilities to make this "poor" spider more spicy:

1. Devour spiderlings -> either buffs or heals her

2. Once the big one recognizes there is no way through -> spiderlings go suicide and explode

3. Other way to catch the player -> some kind of jump or teleport on top of the player knocking him prone

Oh, there are many more options to make the players suffer and get her back the title "Mega Boss"! :devil:

• Like 2

Obsidian i am calling for these new abilities to make this "poor" spider more spicy:

2. Once the big one recognizes there is no way through -> spiderlings go suicide and explode

3. Other way to catch the player -> some kind of jump or teleport on top of the player knocking him prone

Oh, there are many more options to make the players suffer and get her back the title "Mega Boss"! :devil:

Venom spit!

Or do like spiderman and throw some web at the characters and pull them closer. :w00t:

• Like 1

sign.jpg

So far none of the fights are headon so she never lost the title.

Also, is there a way to prevent you from petrified or paralyzed or whatever that the spider(s) did? A trinket or skill just for this fight? It seemed like half of my crew were perma-stunned.

I haven't tried, but the shark soup should make you invulnerable to body afflictions (stun and petrified)

If you have chanter a in your party (better Troubadour) try summoning - that worked for me, I had two chanters, so I managed to totally block the boss with my minions, while shooting. They (minions) were petrified and stunned, but the party was safe for most time.

Edited by Gregorovich