Quick question: I tried this again, and I landed a few Concelhaut Crushing Doom on Belranga, but (a) she seemed to take no damage from them (immune?) and (b) they had a timer (seconds remaining) showing in the effects window.  I thought this spell kept hammering the target until the target died - is that wrong, or was it changed to have a duration?

No idea about the spell, but her resistances are so high that I wouldn't bother even attacking her until you kill enough spiders to bring each resistance below 160. 

• 1 month later...

Can anybody  confirm that 4.0 stops spawning Belranga? Because for me it is. There is nothing about it in patch notes . If yes it is pretty underhand move from Obsydian considering that there is bunch of dudes running thru Deadfire all  mythical and now new chars cannot . Besides, how many patches  before was she introduced and O did nothing to stop respawns....

ps yes,yes I know it is beta .. ;(

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Can anybody  confirm that 4.0 stops spawning Belranga? Because for me it is. There is nothing about it in patch notes . If yes it is pretty underhand move from Obsydian considering that there is bunch of dudes running thru Deadfire all  mythical and now new chars cannot . Besides, how many patches  before was she introduced and O did nothing to stop respawns....

ps yes,yes I know it is beta .. ;(

You have a couple of days to get as many mythical adra stones as possible now xd

Yeee, but I need them on my steel garrote/soul blade :banghead: . Transcendent is already in full regalia :dancing:

You don't really need them anyway with a party. They are a little help when you play solo. But you can get max 5 in the whole game and if you manage to beat all four mega bosses, there is no more challenge after that.

• 1 month later...

After 5 failed attempts with different parties, i finally killed her, with chanter heavy party

Chanter Troubadour / Priest of Eothas (chants: "ancient memory", "mercy and kindness", every +heal item i could find, pure healer, arguebus with aimed shot)

Chanter Troubadour / Lifegiver Druid (chants: "sure handed ila", "silver knights shields", arguebus with aimed shot)

Chanter Troubadour / Paladin Shieldbearer (chant: "her courage thick as steel" in brisk recitation mode, arguebus with aimed shot)

Cipher Ascendant (frostseeker bow)

Fighter / Rogue as the only dps (double pistol, scordeo + thundercrack)

I stacked all party regeneration available from items:
Blackened Plate Armor
Furrante's Plate
Lethandria's Devotion

(thats all i found, maybe there's more?)

And party regeneration available from chants and spells:
ancient memory chant

mercy and kindness chant

paladin's exalted endurance aura
priest's consecrated ground
druid's garden of life

Resulting regeneration was awsome - whole party heals to full in seconds, without casting anything
At times her damage spikes were outperforming my regeneration of course, but priest casts his spells really quickly
If he was recovering from another spell, shieldbearer's Lay on Hands with "cannot die" saved the most wounded before big heal

Watchfull Presense also was a big help - that's like delayed heal that waits for character to go near death.

So the idea was to have super-regenerating and healer-heavy party using only ranged weapons behind ogre meat shield 
And it worked
She killed ogres quite fast, but  with three chanters i just constantly replaced them with fresh ones (you just have to keep an eye on them and resummon in advance, and dont spend phrases on anything else)

First cleared nests in my vicinity, and killed spiders until she was around 130 deflection
after that cipher was the ohly one who still fired on spiders (to quickly ascend), everyone else attacked belranga
the key to damaging her was cipher - casted driving echoes (+8 pen) on my characters, ancient memory on healers, death of 1000 cuts and desintegration on belranga (may take several attempts due to high defences)

Was rather long fight, but manageable

Using firearms on healers is really useful  - aimed shot compensates for poor accuracy, and its really good for casting 
(you can't abort weapon recovery, but you can abort reload anytime, to cast urgent heal)

Shark soup is a must of course and adra potions just in case
You may not need them if you successful in maintaining ogre meat shield

P.S. And dont use The Red Hand if you chose Guilty Concience upgrade - that 40% more damage received is REALLY BAD in that fight

After 5 failed attempts with different parties, i finally killed her, with chanter heavy party

Chanter Troubadour / Priest of Eothas (chants: "ancient memory", "mercy and kindness", every +heal item i could find, pure healer, arguebus with aimed shot)

Chanter Troubadour / Lifegiver Druid (chants: "sure handed ila", "silver knights shields", arguebus with aimed shot)

Chanter Troubadour / Paladin Shieldbearer (chant: "her courage thick as steel" in brisk recitation mode, arguebus with aimed shot)

Cipher Ascendant (frostseeker bow)

Fighter / Rogue as the only dps (double pistol, scordeo + thundercrack)

I stacked all party regeneration available from items:

Blackened Plate Armor

Furrante's Plate

Lethandria's Devotion

(thats all i found, maybe there's more?)

And party regeneration available from chants and spells:

ancient memory chant

mercy and kindness chant

paladin's exalted endurance aura

priest's consecrated ground

druid's garden of life

Resulting regeneration was awsome - whole party heals to full in seconds, without casting anything

At times her damage spikes were outperforming my regeneration of course, but priest casts his spells really quickly

If he was recovering from another spell, shieldbearer's Lay on Hands with "cannot die" saved the most wounded before big heal

Watchfull Presense also was a big help - that's like delayed heal that waits for character to go near death.

So the idea was to have super-regenerating and healer-heavy party using only ranged weapons behind ogre meat shield 

And it worked

She killed ogres quite fast, but  with three chanters i just constantly replaced them with fresh ones (you just have to keep an eye on them and resummon in advance, and dont spend phrases on anything else)

First cleared nests in my vicinity, and killed spiders until she was around 130 deflection

after that cipher was the ohly one who still fired on spiders (to quickly ascend), everyone else attacked belranga

the key to damaging her was cipher - casted driving echoes (+8 pen) on my characters, ancient memory on healers, death of 1000 cuts and desintegration on belranga (may take several attempts due to high defences)

Was rather long fight, but manageable

Using firearms on healers is really useful  - aimed shot compensates for poor accuracy, and its really good for casting 

(you can't abort weapon recovery, but you can abort reload anytime, to cast urgent heal)

Shark soup is a must of course and adra potions just in case

You may not need them if you successful in maintaining ogre meat shield

P.S. And dont use The Red Hand if you chose Guilty Concience upgrade - that 40% more damage received is REALLY BAD in that fight

You can just beat her with a Herald. You need about 10-15 scrolls of greater maelstrom, to kill the spiderlings quickly and get her deflection down. In my fight, i killed so many spiderlings, that her deflection was -40 or something. They drop adra ban sometimes (in one fight, i got around 7).

>> You can just beat her with a Herald. You need about 10-15 scrolls of greater maelstrom, to kill the spiderlings quickly and get her deflection down. 
>> In my fight, i killed so many spiderlings, that her deflection was -40 or something. They drop adra ban sometimes (in one fight, i got around 7).

was this on potd? how on earth did you survive solo? even her ranged attacks hit so hard, sometimes almost one-shotting your characters with 14 armor with large shield in the wall mode

can you please post full build, with items and skills?

>> You can just beat her with a Herald. You need about 10-15 scrolls of greater maelstrom, to kill the spiderlings quickly and get her deflection down. 

>> In my fight, i killed so many spiderlings, that her deflection was -40 or something. They drop adra ban sometimes (in one fight, i got around 7).

was this on potd? how on earth did you survive solo? even her ranged attacks hit so hard, sometimes almost one-shotting your characters with 14 armor with large shield in the wall mode

can you please post full build, with items and skills?

Potd upscaled

I uploaded a video back then on youtube. It's not the full fight, because even that 3 min video had 30 GB to upload. You just have to stay out of sight of Belranga, cast your animated weapons and send them in. The little spiders can not hurt you and you can kill them with greater maelstrom scolls, when a pack stands close to each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlmJEagL-_w

Tho, later on, i used a different item build, with high deflection and weapon / shield style, so i got around 140ish deflection, what is even better in this fight.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2
  • Like 1

Like said above, the key with Belranga is using the choke points and keeping the little spiders in between her and you, so that she can't get close enough to melee / injure you.  Her damage at range is strong but healable.  The little spiders don't really hurt.  Given Obsidian designed the fight mechanics and the map, I can only imagine they planned for this type of strategy to work -- especially as later they just stuck Doru in a big empty map (no help for you, except to run around).   Paralysis immunity items or foods -- sandals of the water lily (from Deck of Many Things) or Spider Silk Robe (from Splintered Reef chief mob), for example.  Heralds and some other builds can self heal.  A BDD-based toon can also do it, as could any wiz theoretically with Wall of Draining and potions of final stand.