Looking for dual wield melee build with heavy armor

Havent played since release and i have the itch for another playthrough.

I will be playing on normal.

I am looking for a dual wield melee build that uses heavy armor. I'd like to do good damage but also be able to take some dmg, maybe even offtank.

Can that even work in this game? 

I'm thinking Fighter makes obvious sense to start with, but what other class would work well with it?

Swashbuckler (rogue/fighter) is simple and effective.  Holy stalker (rogue/pali) is cool too for a more defensive riposte style.  Since it's normal, there's a lot of leeway for other classes to DW without being dampened by high defenses/AR or being murdered in melee range.

Edited by Metaturtle
  • Like 1

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

yeah whatever you do pick fighter and then another class preferably with good dps like rogue, monk, berserker. The reason to pick fighter if you do use heavy armor is that fighter has armored grace talent which is important as it will speed up your action speed when in heavier armor.  

See here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105898-class-build-bloodsail-the-pirate-paladin/?do=findComment&comment=2101717

Either will work, depending on if you want to be more DPS or more of a tank. The Devoted option, I’m currently playing through as is amazing. Nothing, and I mean nothing your level and 3 white skulls above compares to the power you will have.

• Like 1

What's wrong with tanking as a swashbuckler? I'd say it's a better tank then a brute. In particular a trickster variant is extremely tanky. But a Streetfighter swash can tank just fine as well (and deal high damage).

Tanking with swash is fine, but it's much better as a main tank than offtank. Especially because you can combine persistent distraction with specialized gear depending on # of engagements, like reckless brigandine and rannig's wrath.

Thanks for replies, i will have a look at swashbuckler and brutes.

My plan is to use Eder as maintank (think he can go fighter/rogue ? been a while since i played) and have my char as the 2nd melee doing dps and keeping mopbs off my ranged. Then have a healer/buffer behind along with 2 ranged dps.