The most OP classes have been tuned down and some of the more underpowered classes have been tuned up. Ciphers got a boost, Trickster was dramatically improved, sacred immolation received a recent fix...there have been a lot of changes depending on when you last played. If you want to get an idea of what's changed since release, I'd recommend reading through the patch notes in the news and announcements forum here: https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/123-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-announcements-and-news/ starting with patch 1.1.

• Like 2

every patch fix a lot of bug but sometime also add some new bug

which stick out more than the bug that get fixed

ranger get some new skill

and the new megaboss just pushing players to make some really weird bug overpower build to kill it

Edited by uuuhhii
  • Like 1

There are a number of important bugs which have not been fixed. Also for me the game is working worse than in the 1.X versions (not sure why this happens given the fact that in the patches they said that they further optimized the game). That being said they also fixed some stuff and added some quality of life features. However, my opinion is that this game does not look yet like a polished game. Which is a bit surprising and alarming given that we are in the 3.X version.

Edited by kmbogd
  • Like 1

There are a number of important bugs which have not been fixed. Also for me the game is working worse than in the 1.X versions (not sure why this happens given the fact that in the patches they said that they further optimized the game). That being said they also fixed some stuff and added some quality of life features. However, my opinion is that this game does not look yet like a polished game. Which is a bit surprising and alarming given that we are in the 3.X version.

Can you be more specific?

The bug area is full, just yesterday I bumped the threads for the bugs I reported back in June and not fixed as of  3.0. This is of course subject to individual opinion, the most important to me are: the game runs worse on my rig compared to 1.x versions even though it was presumably optimized in the meantime, characters become transparent in fights (all my SSS arena fights had my character become transparent), abilities becoming permanent (especially paladin auras and pet party effects, I have 2 of these in my current party), loosing abilities at retraining, the fact that penetration is applied inconsistently to lash dmg attacks with respect to how it's done in normal attacks, items becoming bricked (to me it happened only to regular items but people reported some unique items becoming bricked), the fact that martial abilities scale with Power Level but this is nowhere documented nor referenced by the developers, the way GUI is done to display detailed in-fight information with pieces of text colliding with other pieces of text resulting in a total mess, changing the default interface to some other available setup renders it unusable due to the same issue with text/icons collisions.

Edited by kmbogd

Omg play the game.

Games not perfect but far from unplayable, far from even considering holding out. I played anarchy online at launch. That was s mess worth holding out on. I mean sht, people are so hard on this game and bethesda puts out a buggy hot mess and no one considers holding out on their beloved first born jenky skyrim fall through the ceiling game play.

Half the things dude above listed are not even bugs and just ment to inflate his complaints.

One of them is not a bug (PL scaling). The rest is.

I didn't encounter most of them though, but I'm sure there are enough people who do.

Anyways: I think the game is totally enjoyable.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods