God Challenges, what art thou?

Hi everyone,

I'd like to get a couple of things straight on the God Challenges, aka Magran's Fires.

1. What do you get,besides bragging rights, for completing them ?

2. Can you use Berath's Blessings AND God Challenges at the same time?

3. If you can't use Berath's Blessings with the God Challenges then what was the point of having them?

I finished the original PoE2 and didn't play the game for a few months.

I'm starting the Beast of Winter DLC now and would just like to understand how all the new stuff works.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to get a couple of things straight on the God Challenges, aka Magran's Fires.

1. What do you get,besides bragging rights, for completing them ?

2. Can you use Berath's Blessings AND God Challenges at the same time?

3. If you can't use Berath's Blessings with the God Challenges then what was the point of having them?

I finished the original PoE2 and didn't play the game for a few months.

I'm starting the Beast of Winter DLC now and would just like to understand how all the new stuff works.

Thanks.

1. Nothing.

2. No.

3. Berath's Blessings are for those who would like to make aspects of the game easier/more convenient. God Challenges are for those who would like to make aspects of the game more difficult/less convenient.

Edited by Purudaya

Purudaya pretty much answered everything. God's Challenges are like difficulty setting - does any of them look like things that would make the playthrough more interesting/enjoyable for you? If yes, use those.

Personally I wish they were more flexible (not lock you into PotD/allow mods to be used). 

• Like 5

Blessings and mods + challenges would be great.

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thanks for the answers!

I feel kind of disappointed that Berath's Blessings can't be combined with the challenges though :/

Feels kind of counter-intuitive. Why not reward the player for getting enough points for Blessings and let them use it to make the challenges just a bit easier?

I'm hoping that Obsidian revises their thoughts on this.

I'm all for letting players mix & match. It basically becomes a fun way to further customise your game using available options.

I'm glad there's no pointless 'reward' for completing them, it helps us focus on actually enjoying the challenge and the gameplay.

• Like 2

I don't know, it also seems counterintuitive that you'd want the game to be more challenging but also easier

I think for some folks it's less about difficulty and more about customizing the experience. I could see wanting to take on Eothas' challenge for narrative reasons while still wanting to benefit from higher starting money/level, for example.

• Like 2