Post-update: forced into a romance track with Xoti

Ieldra

Question

Now this is *really* annoying. I'm forced into a romance track with Xoti.

Description:

There is a conversation with Xoti that starts with the description: "Xoti sways on her feet....". It's about her having nightmares again, part of her questline. The problem is: there is no way out of this conversation that doesn't include a romantic exchange. In particular, regardless of what you say in earlier conversation nodes - even if you're really rude and call her addle-brained, you try to hook her up with Edér, or your reputation is less than maximized - you eventually end up at her line "And every soul looks so ripe" with three answering options, one of which is an investigation which takes you back to this point, and two make you implicitly agree with her religious worldview (which is almost as annoying in itself) and take you along a path that inevitably ends with "Carefully, she slips her hand into yours. Your fingers easily entwine".

The only way to avoid this is not to start this conversation at all, which of course means you can't advance her quest. Grr..... I'm reasonably sure that this did not happen in my first playthrough which was pre-3.0. I think there should be a fourth, neutral line to the abovementioned conversation node that takes you to "is there anything we can do to alleviate your nightmares" without going through the romantic exchange.

As an addendum, you can call her addle-brained in that conversation, and not only will the romance track start regardless, but you'll also suffer no reputation hit from being rude to her.

This is the first game I *started* post-3.0-update. The previous playthrough got the update around the end after all companion quests had been done.

Edited by Ieldra

6 answers to this question

As an addendum, you can call her addle-brained in that conversation, and not only will the romance track start regardless, but you'll also suffer no reputation hit from being rude to her.

This doesn't surprise me. I once slaughtered everyone in Gaun's Temple, hoping to maximize negative reputation with her and get the achievement. But nothing happened. :facepalm::shrugz:

sign.jpg

As far as I know, it's not a romance-triggering conversation. She just likes you and is some kind of eager as always. But yeah, an option where you stay cold with her doesn't exist in this conversation.

The "true" start of a Xoti romance is when she tells you bluntly that she loves you and you're not forced to say that you feel the same. The conversation you had is just part of her quest, not her romance.

As far as I know, it's not a romance-triggering conversation. She just likes you and is some kind of eager as always. But yeah, an option where you stay cold with her doesn't exist in this conversation.

The "true" start of a Xoti romance is when she tells you bluntly that she loves you and you're not forced to say that you feel the same. The conversation you had is just part of her quest, not her romance.

Perhaps it doesn't technically start a romance, but the description is indicative of one. At the very least, if I tell her she's addle-brained the scene shouldn't end with holding hands like, at the least, very close friends.  

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting these issue with Xoti's dialogue and options.  I put in a bug report and sent it to the Narrative team to investigate and get a fix or two in.  If you continue to discover more about this, please continue to post them as I have linked this thread as a reference for the Narrative team.

Thanks again for the help and sorry for the frustration this has caused.

• Like 1