More Hardwood + Round Holes = Lots of Scoring in Basketball 2K19

Leferd

42 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Lillard to the Bucks wouldn't have made my wildest fantasy bingo list

Is the Fins dropping 70 on the Donks on there?

/hides :ninja:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

51 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Lillard to the Bucks wouldn't have made my wildest fantasy bingo list

The price they gave up for him could potentially be very high if Giannis is gone and/or the Bucks are bad in the late 2020s...or surprisingly fairly little if they're somehow able to keep it together until then. The Trailblazers are betting on the former, the Bucks seem to be on the latter. Jrue was a key part of the Bucks' championship run, but at the same time, the man has been deplorable on offense all three years he's been on the Bucks as soon as the playoffs started, and in the current NBA, offense is simply way more important than defense. He's also repeatedly mentioned wanting to retire as soon as his current contract with the Bucks was up (and he also mentioned that he would retire as a Buck, to boot!) - whether or not that ends up holding true, we'll see. Either way, this was definitely not something I foresaw.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

Joker opens the season with a triple double in a win over the Lakers. 

Dang, I really thought he'd suddenly be terrible for no reason this year. Well, better luck next year.

• Haha 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

James Harden got traded to the Clippers. We need to savor this because it might be the last time we get to see a true master ply his trade (no pun intended). James Harden is one of the greatest quitters in team sports history and this may be the last team he gets to quit on. I'm looking forward to seeing the process, to watching him say all the right things and even playing selflessly and kinda sorta trying on defense for a few weeks, just long enough to sucker in a whole new fan base. I think he's got it in him to raise the bar yet again and sabotage another team with a new and inventive way to quit on them.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Spurs and Suns game last night was amazing. 

I got my wife into fantasy basketball and now she's like all about it. I've created a monster.

PS, still can't watch the Nuggets play in Denver. Altitude made a deal with some streamer but they charge like 75 bucks a month on the cheapest tier.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

• 2 months later...

Your post has made me realize that I have no idea how basketball fantasy football works.

In other news, the Milwaukee Bucks suddenly fired their head coach today, and it looks like we're going to hire Doc Rivers to replace him.

tMQRx5h.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Your post has made me realize that I have no idea how basketball fantasy football works.

In other news, the Milwaukee Bucks suddenly fired their head coach today, and it looks like we're going to hire Doc Rivers to replace him.

tMQRx5h.gif

We play with the head-to-head points setting because it's how Football goes and it was the default. So every single day you get points for the people that you have playing that day and you can have up to 10 starters each day and then you have 3 bench spots and 1 IR spot. 

Mostly it evens out during the week and you typically have close to the same amount of players over 7 days. Sometimes it gets really wonky and you end up with something like what I have going on and are 11 players in the hole over 7 days.

Spoiler

LEAGUE MANAGER LEAGUE SCORING FORMATS 
League Manager leagues can be created using one of five different scoring formats. These formats can be further customized by the league creator by tweaking individual categories and points. The five formats are defined below: 

Rotisserie: Rotisserie, or "Roto," is the most common way to play fantasy basketball. In this scoring type, teams are ranked from first to last in each statistical category. Points are then awarded according to the order in each category and totaled to determine an overall score and league rank.

Season Points: Season Points scoring allows you to assign a given point value to each individual statistical category. Standings are based on the accumulation of points covering all statistical categories and combined into one total points column. The team with the most overall points wins. 

Head-to-Head: Points: H2H Points is very similar to how fantasy football is played. It allows you to assign a given point value to individual statistic categories and each scoring period's winner is determined solely by which team accumulates the most fantasy points versus a single opponent. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions. 

Head-to-Head: Each Category: H2H Each Category is the most common type of head-to-head play in fantasy basketball. It allows you to select the "X" number of statistic categories. For each scoring period, team totals are accumulated and a win, loss or tie is credited in each category based on the matchup results (i.e. 6-3-1 in a 10 category league). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.

NOTE: If the league creator sets Home Team wins as a tiebreaker, the home team will win every tied category.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda feel bad that Embiid is probably going to miss out on MVP but I do agree with the rule in general. Needing to play in at least 80% of your games to get season awards is reasonable to me as a fan. I might be okay with a few exceptions but I've been to several games where most of the stars are sitting out and it really sucks.

17 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I kinda feel bad that Embiid is probably going to miss out on MVP but I do agree with the rule in general. Needing to play in at least 80% of your games to get season awards is reasonable to me as a fan. I might be okay with a few exceptions but I've been to several games where most of the stars are sitting out and it really sucks.

I feel bad that I have to watch a Doc Rivers-coached basketball team.

Sorry, did you say something? Yeah, I kind of just wish there were less games in a season. That probably sounds silly, but I think it's stupid that B2Bs exist, and less games overall would mean they individually mean more. But within the reality that we live in...uh, I think the media voters should've already just recognized that between two guys with close-ish level of play, the guy that played 15-20 more games should obviously win the awards, but for some reason, that needed to be legislated? IDK, seems weird.

On 2/1/2024 at 2:35 PM, Bartimaeus said:

But within the reality that we live in...uh, I think the media voters should've already just recognized that between two guys with close-ish level of play, the guy that played 15-20 more games should obviously win the awards, but for some reason, that needed to be legislated? IDK, seems weird.

You'd think not but it's not the first common sense thing that's had to be regulated.

Edited by ShadySands

Doc Rivers, after going 1-2 with the Milwaukee Bucks so far, is the All-Star coach for the Eastern Conference. Life is a joke.

See what I mean 

Embiid's injury pretty much ends my wife's fantasy bball season. She's leading the league but has lost her best player and two of her next best in Embiid, Morant, and Bane.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Gasp! 1

• 1 month later...

This week marks the beginning of the championship in my fantasy basketball league. It's me vs the missus and I haven't beaten her all season and doubt this will be any different. 

The Milwaukee Bucks are supposed to be a super team with a "big 3" between Giannis, Dame, and Middleton (maybe even a "big 4" if you include Brook Lopez given how he'd played the past few years), but I think this is the worst superteam I've ever watched: it's like everyone besides Giannis forgot how to play. Maybe they all just got really old at the same time...if that's the case, this team is totally screwed going forward.

On 4/1/2024 at 11:54 AM, ShadySands said:

This week marks the beginning of the championship in my fantasy basketball league. It's me vs the missus and I haven't beaten her all season and doubt this will be any different. 

How's that, uh, going? :p

I think I should point out that my wife is a huge basketball fan, a data scientist/analyst, and has an obsessive personality. Somehow Palpatine returned and she kept winning with 3 of her best 5 players out. 

• Gasp! 1