More Hardwood + Round Holes = Lots of Scoring in Basketball 2K19

Leferd

stumping intensifies

imo nuggets should win, but miami winning would make their run one of the very greatest of all time (especially relative to their abysmal talent level, honestly makes zero sense that they made it past the first round, never mind to the finals)

• Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The Nugs smoked the Lakers.

I'll say this for the Lakers, they competed in all 4 games, they tried. They just didn't have the legs down the stretch of each game and the Nugs are flat out better. 

On the other hand, the Celtics looked like they straight up quit in game 3. Will they show up for game 4?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Celtics finally showed up for the conference finals. I'd say better late than never, but their chances of winning 4 in a row are rather slim.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Holy ****! The finish to game 6 was crazy. That was as buzzer beater as buzzer beater gets. Dust off your stumping shoes @Bartimaeus, you've got some serious stumping to do to prevent the first 0-3 comeback in NBA history... Ugh, I just realized, we're going to get bombarded with comparisons to the 2004 Sawx for the next couple days. *sigh* Note to self: Avoid sports media like the plague for a few days.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

what happened is that i clearly made an out loud assumption that miami would win after game 3 here, and now the universe is personally punishing me for it

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

49 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

what happened is that i clearly made an out loud assumption that miami would win after game 3 here, and now the universe is personally punishing me for it

I agree, this is all your fault.:shifty:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

it took longer than expected, but stumpy wins the race

go nuggets

but i wouldn't be that upset if miami lost either

I'm predicting Nugs in 5. I don't think Miami has the firepower to beat Denver, plus they're worn down from a grueling series while the Nugs will be rested. I don't think they can handle Jokic, that dude is on some next level ****.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 2 weeks later...

Jokic drops a casual 32-21-10 in game 3. No big deal, just a garden variety 32-21-10. Standard stuff.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It was a great run by the Heat, but they either had to play perfectly or hope that Denver suddenly stopped playing like how they've been playing this entire post-season, and so Denver gets its first championship. Jokic will undoubtedly (and deservedly) be heralded as the best player in the NBA, I think. Thank god that I don't watch or listen to any sports media, because I'm sure the whole lot of them will be just as obnoxious as they always are.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

So in a big upset the USA lost to Lithuania, which makes us losing to Italy actually lucky. We get the easier side of the bracket. Still have to beat Lithuania which is easier said than done.

• Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

The unequivocal star of the U.S. team, ANT aka Anthony Edwards, said "we're not really worried about those guys" with regards to Lithuania and Montenegro leading up to the game, :yes:.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The unequivocal star of the U.S. team, ANT aka Anthony Edwards, said "we're not really worried about those guys" with regards to Lithuania and Montenegro leading up to the game, :yes:.

I doubt it will happen twice. The US is still the favorite by far. The biggest surprise for me was Spain, who knew Canada had it in them.

Won against Lithuania convincingly, although the last quarter was atrocious and the game was low scoring. All of which has me concerned. The whole time we were leading by 20 I had the feeling it was by 2, I guess one you get burned on milk, you will blow even on yogurt.

On to the finals. Again our second half is not good, but I think that it's not impossible to beat the US team (if they win against Germany). We have a good bench, we just need to play with more confidence and concentration in the second half.

Ah thanks to Serbia for beating Canada, media can now stop bombarding me with news about the team.

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

rip bozo

Germany showed up, but that last bad pass cost you the game. Well at least the "EU" can handle a B-C US team.

We have a joke here. This is Angela Merlkel's team. 😄

Edited by Sarex
  • Gasp! 1

Such a disappointment of a game, the worst way to lose... That 3/4 lost us the game and it was completely on us that we were scared to shoot. Sadly we were missing the Dobric who got injured at the start of the game.