More Hardwood + Round Holes = Lots of Scoring in Basketball 2K19

Leferd

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

On the bright side for the Bucks, Giannis looked 100%, it's unlikely Mikal Bridges has another game that good, not on the road, anyway, and the Bucks role players should play better in Milwaukee. They need to hold serve at home. They already need to take a game in Phoenix, I can't see them taking 2, so it's critical they win all their home games.

Eh, Giannis has been limping around constantly - still plays better than the rest of his team combined even with that bum knee. Series is not over, but those other guys HAVE to play better. Can't be missing literal open layup after open layup like Jrue Holiday did last night - it's an absolute game-ender. It's like the man completely forgot how to play offense as soon as we got into the playoffs...and I guess it's kind of foolish to expect him to play any better nearly 20 games in.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Giannis continues to do Giannis things (also turned into a free throw god for tonight) and his teammates actually shot well. Bucks continue their trend of playing great at home and like complete doofuses away...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

It was nice of Khris Middleton and Jrue Holiday to finally show up for the finals. For the Bucks' sake, let's hope they don't disappear again.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I cannot believe the Bucks won that. Dear lord.

10 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Finally, an exciting and close game.

Yeah...but it was incredibly ugly and sloppy, not to mention horridly officiated. Neither team looked like they had any business in being in the Finals, in a series plenty of people are already putting an asterisk next to...

!!!

(e): That was a game. Heart just exploded towards the end there, and I had to scream silently (because of how late it is) when Jrue made that steal and then the insane alley-oop. Chance to go win it at home in game 6!

Edited by Bartimaeus

Probably Giannis' best game of his career - 50 points on 60% shooting + 17/19 FT, 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 5 blocks...insane. And in a closer game in the Finals. Awesome. Also, just a couple of weeks after nearly ruining his knee in the conference finals...people were certain he wouldn't even be able to play.

vtCea3FIdW.gif

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Bucks are the first team I've actively followed and been a fan of for a decent amount of time (since the 2016 season, to be exact) that have won a championship (note: I only started following the Packers in 2012, so I missed their 2010 SB; wasn't allowed to watch sports growing up, so it was a pretty late development), and I have to tell you guys...I really didn't get as much out of winning as I thought I would. It sure beats LOSING (especially with how many playoff heart-breakers I've seen in just the last ten years), of course, but at the end of the day, what I really enjoyed most were the actual great game moments (plays, camaraderie, personalities, etc.) in the high stakes playoff games. So that's kind of weird. I might legitimately be one of those "it's more about the journey than the destination" people, I guess. Or maybe I just need to experience like 40 years of a losing team first to really get it.

• Like 1

The main currency of being a fan of a team that won a championship recently is ammunition you can use to troll friends who are fans of rival teams.

:fdevil:

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...

Russ to the Lakers seems like a bad move, I mean, Harden to the Nets seemed like a bad move but somehow worked but this seems worse. I really thought they were going to get CP3 but I'm also really glad they didn't because I never want him to get a ring.

BRB just ran out of haterade and need a refill

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Don't need the Bucks to win again or nothing, but these garbage superteams are so boring - hope both the Lakers and Nets get knocked out of the first round next year.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Kyrie has been banned from playing or practicing with the team until he gets vaccinated. Currently taking bets on if he retires or not. 

In other new Ben Simmons is reportedly giving in and returning to the team after losing more than a million dollars during his tantrum and tanking his trade value.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

40 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Kyrie has been banned from playing or practicing with the team until he gets vaccinated.

mRNA vaccines don't work on a flat Earth. :shifty:

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Feel bad for the Nuggets - pretty terrible how certain injuries to key players can ruin two entire seasons. Also, that comment about offensive fouls being called didn't age particularly well, and it seems like they went back to calling them like they used to be after a couple of months.

Celtics vs Bucks is going to be great. This Celtics team may go down as one of the all-time great defensive teams if they can keep up what they did in round 1 and the last third of the regular season. Milwaukee's decision to duck Brooklyn now comes back to bite them as it means that game 7 will be in Boston.

Over in the west, I just want the Suns to keep advancing so that CP3 can keep getting under people's skin. He's a rasslin' heel and I love it; like Patrick Beverley, except also really good at basketball. I want Chris to piss off as many people as possible while I feed off the schadenfreude. Does that make me a bad person? :blush:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Toronto lost, so all is well

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra