More Hardwood + Round Holes = Lots of Scoring in Basketball 2K19

Leferd

Health has definitely been the story of these playoffs, but it's always been a part of sports, so it is what it is.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Has Kyrie always been that skinny? I feel like he used to be less Billy Halleck

Weight works differently on a flat Earth. ;)

I'm happy to see the Suns take game 1. If they play every other day, I can't see CP3 back any sooner than game 5 or 6. Hopefully Devin Booker & Co. can hold the fort until then.

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

19 hours ago, ShadySands said:

****ing Lopez

E: the Bucks just don't have it. Too soft.

E2: Congrats to the Bucks but I still think they don't have it. 

Like a third of the time, it looks like they have it and could go the distance; one of the other thirds they look like they're an 8th seed that only just barely qualified off of a play-in game; the last third they don't even look like a professional basketball team. I don't know exactly what I'm watching, but it surely does not inspire confidence.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Doc Rivers playoff teams, everyone.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

I don't know what's wrong with me but I found myself cheering for the Clips more than once tonight.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset with any of the four remaining teams winning. The Clippers are the most "constructed"/non-homegrown team, but they're not exactly a superteam; of the four teams, the Bucks have been the most recent to win it already, which was 50 years ago in 1971. It's a good field of teams left.

• Like 1

Holy $#!+ the ending to that game!

hi-res-e3b4be62ce4e24cfc265da3d3800fdd3_

5BW.gif

This is the Suns' 9th straight win.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Word 'round the campfire is that the Suns are hoping CP3 is back for game 3. That's earlier than I expected.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't know what I expected.

Have the Milwaukee Police filed a missing persons report on Khris Middleton? My man disappeared in the second half last night. Where was the dude that rescued the Bucks against the Nets?

• Sad 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 6/23/2021 at 1:46 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset with any of the four remaining teams winning. The Clippers are the most "constructed"/non-homegrown team, but they're not exactly a superteam; of the four teams, the Bucks have been the most recent to win it already, which was 50 years ago in 1971. It's a good field of teams left.

Atlanta last won it when they weren't in Atlanta but St. Louis in '58.  Clippers and Suns never won it but they also both started as teams a year or three before the time the Bucks won the championship...

Preference is the home team of course, but I'd also be cool with any of the remaining teams.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Okay, Bucks, now look at me - look deep into my eyes, directly into my soul, and take heed of my words: please keep playing like a team that isn't completely pants. Thank you. This may surprise you, but you don't have to play like...well, like you don't how to play basketball.

It's absolutely wild how different of a team the Bucks look from game to game depending on whether they have their heads screwed-on right on that particular day.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Suns won a hard fought defensive struggle to take a 3-1 lead. Deandre Ayton came up big with a monstrous 22 rebound game. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Methinks the East champion is going to have trouble overcoming this Suns team...

I think the Bucks are the most talented team remaining (especially since I don't see Kawhi returning this postseason) but their performances are all over the place; they look unbeatable one night and super garbage the next. The Suns are playing the most consistently good basketball.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'd rather be the team that's consistently good for 6 or 7 games than the team that's great for three, MAYBE FOUR games. Particularly at this level of the playoffs, where if you're an inconsistent team, you're more likely to be bad than good since you're playing against other top tier teams...

This Bucks team can do anything. They could sweep the Suns given some luck and playing consistently; they could also lose the next three games to the Hawks, :shrugz:.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

Won the game, but still played kind of dumb, but I guess not as dumb as some of the games in the Brooklyn series. Middleton saved them that game after having decided to just not miss at all in the 4th quarter.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Um...now Trae Young is out for game 4 against the Bucks after having apparently suffered a "deep bone bruise" in his right foot from stepping on that ref's foot two nights ago. If the Bucks end up winning the NBA Super Bowl (whatever the heck it's actually called), it's going to be one of the flukiest wins thanks to literally every other team having suffered horrible injuries on their way there.

Edited by Bartimaeus