More Hardwood + Round Holes = Lots of Scoring in Basketball 2K19

Leferd

entire nets team gonna die before this series is over

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

28 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Will Denver take a game or be swept? I'm betting on the broom.

The broom is unfortunately my guess as well - hope that doesn't happen, because this Denver team doesn't deserve it, but boy, the Suns have just been on fire and the Nuggets overmatched. Hope they get a game here, but I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable betting on it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Spoiler

bucks are the dumbest ****ing team

Edited by Bartimaeus

James Harden was back for game 5 but he clearly wasn't 100%, my man couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Luckily for the Nets, Kevin Durant put in one of the best playoff performances ever:

49 pts on 16 of 23 shooting, 17 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks.

That was some raid boss $#!+ last night. The 3 KD buried with the playclock about to expire and less than a minute left in the game...

😲

Performances like that are what separate all-time great players from great players.

Edit: Here's the complete list of players to ever go 40-15-10 in a playoff game:

Oscar Robertson 

Charles Barkley

Luka Doncic

Kevin Durant

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Jokic declined to play for his country in the Olympic games... Kind of sucks considering he would have been part of one of the greatest lineups we had in a long while.

The only thing that really bothered me is his excuse not to play. He should have manned up and said he didn't want to play and left it at that.

• Sad 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

"Phoenix Suns All-NBA guard Chris Paul has entered COVID-19 health and safety protocols and is sidelined for an indefinite period of time, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium."

paid tens of millions of dollars, be on the cusp of making it to a championship, implode the team because you're an anti-vaxxer moron.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Jokic declined to play for his country in the Olympic games... Kind of sucks considering he would have been part of one of the greatest lineups we had in a long while.

The only thing that really bothered me is his excuse not to play. He should have manned up and said he didn't want to play and left it at that.

I don't entirely blame him as he is one of the few stars to play the entire season but it looks like there's some team pressure there as well.

Free games updated 3/4/21

24 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I don't entirely blame him as he is one of the few stars to play the entire season but it looks like there's some team pressure there as well.

The last time he played for us was also not very pleasant for him, but the coach has been changed since...

Edited by Sarex
  • Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

23 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

"Phoenix Suns All-NBA guard Chris Paul has entered COVID-19 health and safety protocols and is sidelined for an indefinite period of time, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium."

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Apparently, he IS vaccinated - which I knew was a possibility, but at like a 1/100 chance I figured I was safe especially because of how many anti-vaxxer idiots in sports there have now been revealed to be over the past 6 months. The Phoenix Suns are surprisingly also the most vaccinated team in the league. So I retract what I previously said, and instead I'd say that Chris Paul must be cursed, :p.

Also, Kawhi Leonard appears to have suffered an ACL tear. Most teams superstars are dying while the Bucks are sitting here at almost 100% but playing the dumbest style of basketball possible and losing because of it. Please let the rumors of Budenholzer being fired be true.

Edited by Bartimaeus

29 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Most teams superstars are dying while the Bucks are sitting here at almost 100% but playing the dumbest style of basketball possible and losing because of it. Please let the rumors of Budenholzer being fired be true.

I'd say that I can't begin to know what a Bucks fan feels like today, but then I'm a Cowboys fan and I've watched my team bungle away sure wins and had my heart ripped out be an all-time great, one Aaron Rodgers, in a playoff game. The Bucks had that game in the palm of their hand. Kyrie was out, James Harden was a one-legged man, y'all had a sizeable lead, and then a combination of shooting yourselves in the foot, Jeff Green, of all people, having a nuclear hot shooting night, and Kevin Durant having one of the most ludicrously spectacular playoff performances ever did y'all in. I don't know how the Bucks recover from that.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Thank you to the 76ers/Hawks for making everyone forget how embarrassing the Bucks were for 24 hours until the next game. My gosh.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Khris Middleton came thtough big for the Bucks and we're headed to a game 7! :dancing:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

9 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Khris Middleton came thtough big for the Bucks snd we're headed to a game 7! :dancing:

Should've already had the series well-wrapped up if the team hadn't completely lost its mind and imploded in all three away games. ...Will this be the opposite of the Mavericks/Clippers series where the away team won each game up until the very last?

• Like 1

how in the absolute hell did the jazz lose to the clippers these past two games

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

how in the absolute hell did the jazz lose to the clippers these past two games

I wanted that series to go the distance so that the conference finals would start as late as possible to give CP3 time to quarantine.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I gotta hand it to them, I thought the game 5 loss would have broken the Bucks, but here they are in the conference finals. Hopefully they can keep going... And eventually lose to the Suns in the NBA Finals. :p

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸