More Hardwood + Round Holes = Lots of Scoring in Basketball 2K19

Leferd

the MVP announcement is going to be a little awkward

• Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

the nuggets sure love being down 3-1

(e): dang, raptors eliminated too, no-one left for me to cheer for really, especially since the nuggets are clearly a cut below the rest even though they somehow just barely keep holding on (e to my edit): guess the clippers (assuming the nuggets eliminated), since they've been terrible their entire existence while everyone else is like bb royalty

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

lmao, the Lakers better watch out if they go up 3-1

also: "Denver is the first team in NBA history to come back from multiple 3-1 deficits in a single postseason"

also also: this will somewhat make people forget about the Bucks' horrible collapse, so that's great, too

also also also: I guess I'm cheering for Denver and Miami now, can't really see Denver making it after the absolute bone-grinding gauntlet they've been through, but I didn't see them making it out of this round either, so

Edited by Bartimaeus

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Is this the most recent NBA thread? Huh.

The play-in format got a gift with the Lakers and Warriors matching up. The rest are pretty much dud, but this one is going to be fun. Curry has just been red hot for months. This is the defense he faces every night, and he still won the scoring title:

BNG-L-WARRIORS-0517-25.jpg?fit=1280,9999

• Like 1

The good news for the Lakers is that the loser of the game still gets another chance. Imagine having to go against Steph Curry in a do or die single game? Yikes. In theory, the Lakers are one of the best teams, if not THE best, with Lebron and AD, but we haven't seen them both on the court all that much this season.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

These are definitely an "if they're healthy" playoffs. I mean, you can say that every year, but it's especially true this year. At full strengh, I can't see anyone knocking the Nets off in the east. Fully healthy, I think the Lakers are the clear favorites in the west. Lebron certainly didn't look 100% in the play-in game, though. The good news for the Lakers is that Lebron has some time to get (closer) to 100% as the Suns drew the worst possible matchup getting the Lakers. They have nobody to guard the Lakers' bigs.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Felt nice to win that OT game against the Heat after last season. Would feel even nicer to win the series.

The Mavericks were supposed to be a favorable matchup for the Clippers. There was, however, always the Luka Doncic goes ape$#!+ factor, and go ape$#!+ he has so far. He's one of a handful of players currently in the NBA that can just say "!^<× this, hop on my back, we're winning this !^<×ing game."

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So, um...hot take, but I think the Bucks are probably gonna win this series against the Heat. Sure would feel nice to sweep them.

*JINX ENGAGED*

• Hmmm 1

Bucks are looking good so far. I don't think they have the firepower to beat the Nets in the next round, but it should be a fun series. And yes, I'm already penciling in both teams to advance. 

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Bucks are looking good so far. I don't think they have the firepower to beat the Nets in the next round, but it should be a fun series. And yes, I'm already penciling in both teams to advance. 

I'm not sure what to expect against the Nets. I guess to lose the series, but boy, the team is just clicking right now in a way that I don't think it had the previous three playoffs. May not be enough, though...

Edited by Bartimaeus

The Bucks are clicking at the right time and I would love to see them go to the NBA Finals, but they're about to run into one of the most absurdly loaded teams ever assembled. The wealth of talent on the Nets is disgusting.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well, that was great, :).

Anthony Davis going down with an injury in game 4 is the least surprising plot twist of the entire NBA season. Hopefully he recovers, I would like to see everyone at full strength so the true best team can win, but, whether you're a Lakers fan or not, I think everyone was anticipating this may happen, given AD's history.

:(

• Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't think I would've guessed that the only team to sweep in the first round would've been the Bucks against the defending East champions Heat of all teams, but here we are. Strangely, in the Hawks-Clippers series, only the away team has won so far - wonder if that has ever happened for an entire series?

Edited by Bartimaeus

3 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I just wish I could watch more Nuggets games but only a few of them are on TV here.

It occurs to me that I have literally no idea how watching NBA games works in terms of channels/networks/locality because I have never legitimately watched an NBA game even once. I know how it all works for football with the main Fox/CBS split and then NBC for SNF and ESPN for MNF (for the most part), and I can and usually do watch the first three of those legally (meanwhile I would not watch ESPN legally even if I could, which I thankfully cannot), but I don't have the first clue for basketball - never even tried to figure it out, just started streaming whatever I want online from the very beginning. From what I can tell...games appear to be on TNT, ABC, ESPN, and then something called NBA TV? There doesn't seem to be much sense for what's on what...

I can watch the games if they are on TNT but most of the time they are on Altitude (which is owned by the same people that own the team) in the Denver market.  Problem is that Altitude isn't on any of streaming services, even with the live TV option, and I've heard it's not even available on some major cable services either for whatever reason. There's ways around it but often times I don't feel like it's worth the hassle

• Sad 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I can watch the games if they are on TNT but most of the time they are on Altitude (which is owned by the same people that own the team) in the Denver market.  Problem is that Altitude isn't on any of streaming services, even with the live TV option, and I've heard it's not even available on some major cable services either for whatever reason. There's ways around it but often times I don't feel like it's worth the hassle

That seems really annoying. I've got a whole system worked out for watching wherever I want on whatever device that makes things relatively hassle-free, but I know how it is... :(

• Thanks 1

I hope Shady got to watch last night's Nugs/Blazers game, because holy smokes that was thrilling.

In other news, the defending champs got obliterated and are on the verge of elimination. I don't know what kind of shape AD is in, but they desperately need him to play in game 6.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸