More Hardwood + Round Holes = Lots of Scoring in Basketball 2K19

Leferd

Great, ****ing Canadians won something.  Have to tolerate a whole lot of nonsense in the media here.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, Malcador said:

Great, ****ing Canadians won something.  Have to tolerate a whole lot of nonsense in the media here.

I mean, we have to tolerate media nonsense 24/7 365 days of the year 75 years of our life. Deal with it, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It's above the normal media nonsense. Trying to listen to normal news and they're interviewing wanker fans from the suburbs for 20 minutes!

Well, at least one of them got shot last night.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That was a crazy final two games. The basketball was great, but it's tragic to see two players go down like that, and is sad that it will likely affect next year as well. 

I'm not really sure about this whole end of a dynasty talk around the Warriors though. Curry, Green, and Thompson are still going to keep this team competitive going forward if KD doesn't return. I'm actually more worried about how they replace Iguodala if he retires (or even if he doesn't, as he is getting older.) 

Thompson  has a chance to miss most of next season. Durant likely won't be back until sometime in next playoffs. So, they'lkl have Curry, Green (who is no legit threat offensively), and Igu who is really good D, basically Green on offense, and not getting any younger.  They can still be dangerous but they surely shouldn't be the faves next season unless things work out perfectly and both Thompson and KD ar eback healthy and ready for playoffs. That said, Curry might once again have a legit shot at MVP. 😛

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KD should go visit Kobe's doctor in Germany. :shifty: 

Outside of that, I don't think he's doing much of anything on a basketball court next year.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

9 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

He may very likely be out all season but from what I'm reading it hasn't killed interest in acquiring him. The Nets, Knicks, and Warriors are all expected to still offer him a max deal.

I mean, for a superstar of his caliber, it's worth the risk. Sad as it is, it's the most Knicks thing ever for them to be rumored to be on the brink of acquiring a legit franchise superstar still in his prime and have the guy have a devastating injury less than a week before the season ends.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wonder if the injury kills the suspected KD and Kyrie New York team up. I'd read multiple sources that they wanted to play together in NYC but that Durant had favored the Knicks and Irving the Nets. If KD is out a whole year and may never be the same again does Kyrie wait and hope or does he go team up with someone else?

Free games updated 3/4/21

Kyrie is likely headed to NJ. that said, he should got o LAL. imagine him, James,a nd AD. I like Love but that is an even bigger  Three Headed Monster. L0L

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like KD and Kyrie to the Nets. DeAndre Jordan too apparently.

Kemba Walker to the Celtics.

Middleton and B Lopez sticking with the Bucks while Brogdon gets traded to the Pacers.

Lillard took a supermax extension to stay in Portland for the next 5 or 6 years

Tobias Harris reupped in Philly and Al Horford headed to the Sixers

Butler to the Heat in a sign and trade deal also including the Mavs

Reddick to the Pelicans.

Julius Randle to the Knicks

Still nothing yet on Kawhi

Edited by ShadySands

Kawhi and PG13 to the Clippers. I was in the anyone but the Lakers camp so this makes me happy. I feel kinda bad that Kawhi drug this out so long and am going to dub it the Decision 3.14 because reasons. The reason I'm running it that is because he basically held the league hostage while deciding. I know that's a bit of hyperbole but I think it holds up for the 2 teams  he held up that didn't get him and all the free agents that needed his domino to fall first. Almost all the other big names were done in the first couple days.

I do have to admit that the drama was keeping me invested enough that I followed the story of a player I don't care about.

I'll probably have to edit this in the morning when I'm not under the effect of so many be normal pills

Bummer for Toronto. I mean, they probably knew he was most likely a short termer, and it did pay off for them, but still going to be a shock to fall back down to earth next season. Of course the East is still pretty dang weak. 

Cali dreamin' for all these players.

"The reason I'm running it that is because he basically held the league hostage while deciding. "

Stop your crying. He held nobody hostage. That is an insult to actual hostages. He did nothing wrong. He has the right to choose where to work when he wants to. He owes you, TOR, nobody nothing. TOR got what they deserved. You treat players like crap this is what you get. Yeah, they treated Leonard like a 'god' but not because theya re nice it is because they used him. They threw others in the trash even those who were'loyal' to them for years.

Teams don't show players loyalty so players shouldn't show them loyalty. EVER. Same with evil, scumbag, selfish, arrogant, piece of crap 'fans'.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)