More Hardwood + Round Holes = Lots of Scoring in Basketball 2K19

Leferd

• 3 weeks later...

I think a playoff spot is pretty lofty expectation in the West for the team they have. Sure, they have the greatest player in the world right now and a few seasoned vets but the rest of the team is pretty raw and underdeveloped. Besides that, I'm not sure King James is the best person to develop the young talent around him which to me means they were always going to dump the young core and go for superstars. I think the leaked AD trade proposals bear that out.

He may still be able to drag them into the playoffs but as an 8th seed I don't see them besting the Warriors in the first round. Even if the other teams tank as they surge and he can get a 7th or 6th seed I still don't see them beating the Nuggets/Rockets/OKC in a best of 7 barring some serious injuries

Free games updated 3/4/21

I think a playoff spot is pretty lofty expectation in the West for the team they have. Sure, they have the greatest player in the world right now

Wait, Kevin Durant is on the Lakers? :shifty: Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

:lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was ambivalent about the Grizz picking Joakim Noah. But he is putting together a pretty good season while no one is watching. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is it bad that I want to see the Lakers go really off the rails and trade LeBron?

I mean, I think they can technically do it because I don't think he has a no trade clause, but functionally I get that it's practically impossible.

I think a playoff spot is pretty lofty expectation in the West for the team they have. Sure, they have the greatest player in the world right now

Wait, Kevin Durant is on the Lakers? :shifty:

I was just trying to give him some credit without giving him too much because he's definitely not the GOAT :p

Lebron passed Michael Jordan for 4th i last night: n the all time scoring https://www.nba.com/article/2019/03/06/lebron-james-passes-michael-jordan-nba-career-scoring-list

Thomas Sowell

Too bad Lebron's huge accomplishment occurred in a season where his team success is basically at an all time low. This is a guy who had made 9 straight finals... now he won't even play a single playoff minute.  BORING.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Too bad Lebron's huge accomplishment occurred in a season where his team success is basically at an all time low. This is a guy who had made 9 straight finals... now he won't even play a single playoff minute.  BORING.

The sun doesn't shine on the same dogs a-s every day. Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller... I'm sure there are others but those come to mind, never won a championship.

Thomas Sowell

No of course not. But good as they were, they can't get their teams to the promised land by themselves. 

Thomas Sowell

In the case of Ewing, Sir Charles, and The Mailman, they had the unfortunate timing of playing at the same time as the GOAT and the greatest NBA dynasty since Bill Russell's Celtics. That said, I think Karl Malone is overrated as is Ewing.  The Round Mound of Rebound was the ****ing man, though.

Also, The Mailman wasn't trying to do it by himself, he had John Bah Gawd Stockton on those teams. John Stockton is one of the greatest point guards of all time. Also, my man rocked short shorts when no one else still did. He forever has my respect for that alone.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I didn't realize how big of a ball-hog Jonas Valanciunas has become since he got traded to Memphis. He's got Artoo-like delusions of grandeur.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

KD had a ridiculously efficient 12 for 13 shooting night in a win over the Grizz last night, scoring 28 points in 35 min. He's like the anti-Kobe. :p

Brings back memories of some of those ridiculous Chris Mullins shooting nights.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who doesn't have Lebron James in their starting 5 does not know basketball. He has dominated as the best player for over a decade. John Stockton couldn't even win a championship despite playing basically his entire career with another HOFer. L0L And, Duncan, as great as he was, was not a dominate player like the others. He had a aprt to play on a dominate team. He was the best player on said team but not dominate.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So gimme your top starting 5

I'd take Larry Legend over LeBron every day of the week and twice on Sunday and especially with the game on the line. Slotting him into another position and he is going to be behind any of the players on my list. And Stockton, yep, I'd go Stockton over Magic.

Just came across this nugget. One of the few times I agree with both Skip and Stephen A

Sorry for the poor quality, I couldn't find an official version of this on ESPN's channel. James' people must have gotten to it. That's the only answer, couldn't possibly be that my google fu sucks

Edited by ShadySands