More Hardwood + Round Holes = Lots of Scoring in Basketball 2K19

Leferd

Welp, at this point I say the burden is on NASA (and verified by Soviet Kosmonauts) to prove it really happened.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Welp, at this point I say the burden is on NASA (and verified by Soviet Kosmonauts) to prove it really happened.

gonna need add china to the growing list o' nations who is part o' the hoax.

https://gbtimes.com/china-just-bounced-a-laser-off-reflectors-on-the-moon-placed-by-nasas-apollo-15-mission

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Three team trade breaks down over miscommunication: https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/nba/2018/12/15/suns-grizzlies-wizards-trade-falls-through-miscommunication-dillon-marshon-brooks/2320324002/

The Grizz are not the dumpster fire I was expecting them to be. And trading Dillon Brooks would have made no sense. But the mix up in this story is funny if nothing else. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

am not convinced curry were joking, but am thinking it is good he realized just how unfunny some folks thought his moon landing denialism were.  got a call from obama chastising? have never understood how the science-related opinions o' sports and entertainment celebrities gets so much attention, but truth is curry's opinion on vaccines, global warming and moon landings has disproportionate impact on hearts and minds.

curry were becoming a punchline, and am guessing he didn't much like it.  the walk-back is welcome.

now if only somebody can help shaq

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

He was joking. Four athletes joking about golf clubs, about how Hollywood could possibly know what a dinosaur sounds like, and...conspiracy theories.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

He was joking. Four athletes joking about golf clubs, about how Hollywood could possibly know what a dinosaur sounds like, and...conspiracy theories.

not invoking the locker room banter defense, are you?  were equal convinced when trump tried.

important part is curry walked-back the misrepresentation.  good on him.  

HA! Good Fun!

Good song, I wandered onto this thread by mistake but good song.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

not invoking the locker room banter defense, are you?  were equal convinced when trump tried.

important part is curry walked-back the misrepresentation.  good on him.  

HA! Good Fun!

There is a difference contextually. Did you listen to the whole podcast, or just the snippets of what the news aggregators from Deadspin or Yahoo pulled? I did. And before the aggregation vultures got to it. Curry even joked that THEY (Either news aggregators or black helicopters) were gonna get him. He's a self-aware and conscientious dude. But sometimes, he shoots his shot, and misses.

But I agree, good on Curry for walking back and trying to use his platform to promote STEM and take advantage of NASA's offer.

So it looks like we're getting Rivers after all. And without giving up Marshon Brooks and a draft pick. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/austin-rivers-free-agency-news-veteran-expected-to-sign-with-grizzlies-other-teams-still-interested-per-report/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 4 weeks later...

All-Star voting time. My picks.

Western Conference

Starters

G. Stephen Curry

G. James Harden

F. Kevin Durant

F/C. Anthony Davis

C. Nikola Jokic

Reserves

F. Paul George

F. LeBron James

G. Russell Westbrook

G. Damian Lillard

C. Rudy Gobert

G. Mike Conley

G. DeMar DeRozan

Eastern Conference

Starters

G. Kyrie Irving

G. Victor Oladipo

F. Giannis

F. Kawhi Leonard

C. Joel Embiid

Reserves

G/F. Ben Simmons

G. Kyle Lowry

F. Blake Griffin

C. Nikola Vucevic

G. Kemba Walker

F. Paskal Siakam

G. D'Angelo Russell

Lebron James as reserve? HAHAHAHAHA. Talk about trollin'.

He's not even my top reserve in the West.

Walton is overrated. This team sucks as bad as last season. Early on, they got the Lebron Effecting - looking better than the team actually is solely based on having the best player. Now, without him, they plain suck. 5-10 record, dropped from 3rd to tied for 9th seed, being embarrassed by  Cleveland - another rteam that showed what the Lebron Effect does. Walton should be ****canned.

P.S. Also, don't forget, the last time Lebron supposedly got a coach fired, his team went on to win a championship and that coach actually had a good record unlike  Puke Loseaton.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nope, and Kyrie and AD may end up in LA. Bye bye all the young players they were supposedly investing in. Klay too maybe but I think that's just for leverage.

PS Melo should probably just retire at this point.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21