It's pretty silly that I have to use console cheats just to change my party members' weapon proficiencies.

Eder in my POE1 playthrough used greatswords and pikes, while Pallegina was my tank.

I get it that it's not the most vital thing in the world, but it's annoying and breaks a bit of continuity for me, and it's also INCREDIBLY silly that retraining doesn't just let you change their level 1 options and that turning off auto-leveling doesn't allow you to change it either.  So, if I want them to function as they did in the dozens of hours I spent with them in the first game, I lose access to achievements.  Uncool.

That is all.

You could also use the Unity Console mod to change their proficiencies without losing achievements.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Eder in my POE1 playthrough used greatswords and pikes, while Pallegina was my tank.

I get it that it's not the most vital thing in the world, but it's annoying and breaks a bit of continuity for me, and it's also INCREDIBLY silly that retraining doesn't just let you change their level 1 options and that turning off auto-leveling doesn't allow you to change it either.  So, if I want them to function as they did in the dozens of hours I spent with them in the first game, I lose access to achievements.  Uncool.

That is all.

It's vital that companions have some aspects that cannot be altered by the player, because being able to change them makes no sense.  Even though the respec options that are built into the game make no sense either.

You must understand it is simply not ok to have an Eder in some person's game that has less than 13 RES, or isn't given the weapon proficiencies or starting abilities that were assigned to him by the developers.  If such a thing were to happen, it would ruin the game.  Somehow.

Anyway don't ask questions about this, the developers, and the fanbase that agrees with the developers' choices on this matter, are a lot more experienced than you and know better than you.

Also, by even making this topic at all you are showing extreme gamer entitlement and are probably also racist and/or sexist.

That is all.

It's vital that companions have some aspects that cannot be altered by the player, because being able to change them makes no sense.  Even though the respec options that are built into the game make no sense either.

You must understand it is simply not ok to have an Eder in some person's game that has less than 13 RES, or isn't given the weapon proficiencies or starting abilities that were assigned to him by the developers.  If such a thing were to happen, it would ruin the game.  Somehow.

Anyway don't ask questions about this, the developers, and the fanbase that agrees with the developers' choices on this matter, are a lot more experienced than you and know better than you.

Also, by even making this topic at all you are showing extreme gamer entitlement and are probably also racist and/or sexist.

What does that last part have to do with anything. Argue the point and lay off negative personal references please. 

• Like 7

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You get weapon proficiencies every few levels and all they do is give you a modal ability you might not even ever use

This isn't quite true. Weapon proficiencies are also tied in to a few class abilities, especially on the fighter. That being said, the complaint definitely seems ridiculous to me. Level Eder up, gain new proficiencies. Complaining that Eder doesn't have the proficiencies you want at *level one*? Come on now.

• Like 3

You get weapon proficiencies every few levels and all they do is give you a modal ability you might not even ever use

This isn't quite true. Weapon proficiencies are also tied in to a few class abilities, especially on the fighter. That being said, the complaint definitely seems ridiculous to me. Level Eder up, gain new proficiencies. Complaining that Eder doesn't have the proficiencies you want at *level one*? Come on now.

Every character (except a Devoted fighter) is going to wind up with more proficiencies than they will ever need.
  • Like 4

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

That is all.

What does that last part have to do with anything. Argue the point and lay off negative personal references please. 

giphy.gif

Every character (except a Devoted fighter) is going to wind up with more proficiencies than they will ever need.

Pretty much this. Very few characters will use more than one or two modals (if any), and by level 8 you have something like 4 of them, two of which you've chosen. I could see it being frustrating on Eder or Xoti or Aloth for like the five minutes you're in Port Maje, but the level at which you recruit every other companion will give you the opportunity to choose whatever modal you need.

Hahaha - your sarcasm detector is broken. ;)

a) Poe's Law applies.

b) Satire is not immunity from criticism.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

a) Poe's Law applies.

c) Not noticing satire is not immunity from not being made no fun of. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

a) Poe's Law applies.

When its in the form absolutely toneless text, it should be.

a) Poe's Law applies.

I've learned about double negatives in school, but never about quadruple negatives.   :huh:

• Like 4

Sarcasm is better off left out of text only discussions. At best its trolling, at worst its legitimate personal attack.

I see your sarcasm and raise you a glass, wot!

Back on topic, before... :closed:

I don't see a problem with the weapon proficiencies because, as it was mentioned above, there will be more than enough points and if you don't have one it doesn't penalize you, just leave you without a modal.

But when I respec'd Mirke, I noticed that she had an ability that I wanted to change and I couldn't. That was a precious point I could've used to upgrade one of her other abilities.

sign.jpg