[3.0] A song from PoE1 has come back... with a vengeance

thelee

Question

It's music that is permanently tied to the Dyrwood for me. I don't know what it's called, but this first youtube link that I uploaded will give you a quick sample of what it is:

https://youtu.be/5W3XVC2u5Jg

I don't know why in 3.0 it's all of a sudden made a come back into Deadfire, since after ~400 hours of playing PoE2 i've literally never heard this piece music in deadfire before, and I don't know who was clamoring for it to have a comeback in Deadfire. Personally, as a matter of taste, I find it out of place in Deadfire and don't like it that much in this context.

The BIG problem is that it seems to play all the friggin time. It appears to start triggering when I'm Nekataka, and then will keep playing at regular intervals. It will even trigger at the same time as other music. See this recording: (it is choppy, but it's not the video that's the point, it's the overlapping of this returned song with existing Deadfire music).

https://youtu.be/BAO9aTNrc3o

Here's a dropbox link to a save in brass citadel which should trigger the old/new song, and then you can wander around and hear it playing a lot: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uil2zf70hwiexe6/AAATPzO14mqYYXldeJIZ1HY2a?dl=0

Ideal outcomes:

1. get rid of this music, OR

2. make it play less frequently and not overlap with existing deadfire music.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 3

@Phenomenum Seems reasonable.  Thank you very much for taking the time to make these suggestions.  I will try to integrate these changes, but it might need to wait until the next patch.  It's getting very late for me to modify data in this way for this next patch (this modifies more than just Wwise data, which gets slightly riskier considering we're locking the patch imminently) , but next patch will be much safer and I'll look into doing this.  

• Like 5

@Phenomenum Seems reasonable.  Thank you very much for taking the time to make these suggestions.  I will try to integrate these changes, but it might need to wait until the next patch.  It's getting very late for me to modify data in this way for this next patch (this modifies more than just Wwise data, which gets slightly riskier considering we're locking the patch imminently) , but next patch will be much safer and I'll look into doing this.  

Thank you very much for all your efforts!

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 2

Sounds like another patch is coming very soon :dancing:  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Sorry for my english, this is not my native language and i am very bad in this. This track from PoE 1 which came with last patch just destroys all my game experience. I love all Nekitaka district themes and i enjoy every minute of game with this music, but they all just dont play. Always play only this music theme from PoE 1. I have endured this track a long time, but when this melody start to playing in Realm of Beast of Winter (quest in Sacred Staris) i just turn off the game. Please, give the option to leave only music from PoE 2, if it possible. 

P.S. "All Gods" which play in Realm of Beast of Winter before the patch is beatiful theme.

• Like 1

Sorry for my english, this is not my native language and i am very bad in this. This track from PoE 1 which came with last patch just destroys all my game experience. I love all Nekitaka district themes and i enjoy every minute of game with this music, but they all just dont play. Always play only this music theme from PoE 1. I have endured this track a long time, but when this melody start to playing in Realm of Beast of Winter (quest in Sacred Staris) i just turn off the game. Please, give the option to leave only music from PoE 2, if it possible. 

P.S. "All Gods" which play in Realm of Beast of Winter before the patch is beatiful theme.

Agreed. Personally, I can't even remember exactly what was in place before this change took place. But my Deadfire immersion is completely broken each time the PoE1 theme comes out.

Hi there. The issues you describe of poe1 music playing everywhere should be resolved now. Once the next patch comes out please take a listen.

Note that night music will not play until the current district music is over, and day music will not play until the night music is over.

• Like 3

I mean, if someone don't want listen the night music, he can wait until specific time and then continue his journey.

doesn't work so well if you're doing the eothas challenge

I've already written a proposal to make enable/disable option for night music. This would be good for all, i think. As for me, i will wait until next patch with music changes and bugfixes and then deside whether i like it or not.

I don't like it in current state, that's for sure.

Edited by Phenomenum

And, i running some tests...

@Justin Bell, as for now night music starts playing at 8-00 PM, when the sun is still shining bright. I think is too early. Sunset starts at 10-00 PM, night falls at 11-00 PM (in POE a 26-hours day).

Juuustin. It's definately too early.

Edited by Phenomenum

Maybe you can add some 1-2 additional tracks from PoE 1 as night themes. Oldsong theme, Elmshore theme or something else

Elmshore sounds perfect in the night IMO

This music is great!

I mean, if someone don't want listen the night music, he can wait until specific time and then continue his journey.

doesn't work so well if you're doing the eothas challenge

Hylea's challenge: listen to all music in the game. While doing Eothas' challenge. :p

• Like 3

sign.jpg

@Justin Bell

Sunset starts at 10-00 PM, ends at 11-00 PM, but night music starts at 8-00 PM

Sunrise starts at 6-00 AM, ends at 7-00 AM, night music plays until 7-00 AM.

So day music plays from 7-00 AM to 8-00 PM
Night music plays from 8-00 PM (which is too early, becose sun still shining bright until 10-00 PM) to 7-00 AM (sunrise ends, it's ok).

Can you shift night music start time from 8-00 PM to 10-00 PM, or better to 11-00 PM, when the night actually falls?

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 4

I *might* be able to for next patch. Depends on if I have the right conditional available to me so I can script it in.

Thank you! That's all, i swear)

I just want to add an updated note that while the bug fix to prevent music overlap has helped things, Deadfire really needs like one or two other night time songs, or longer periods of silence. Encampment is still just way too ubiquitous a piece of music :/

edit: like literally just now, load a game. encampment plays. i go to a store, don't buy anything after looking for ~30s. head south to leave the map after quick checking my inventory. encampment starts playing again on my way down. that's twice literally within a span of a few minutes.

Edited by thelee