Hello, how's it going, guys?

I was having this feeling that I want to stomp the game a little bit, so I thought about making a Thaumaturge of Wael. I do run a few other characters, too, but they end up being either a bit too slow or too straightforward...I thought that Thaumaturge's variety will be a nice change. I will do just a solo run with a few God challanges on and then after a break probably do a full TCS with as many Challanges on as possible. 

The strongest nuke the build will have will be Maelstroms from scrolls, though the build won't be using that all the time, for sure. Basically, buff up, apply two time extensions, then nuke yourself and everything else with Maelstroms. Having either Deltro's Cage equipped, or any item that gives us Fire armour will make the Maelstrom hit us with Lightning damage only, which means it will buff up Deltro's Cage Helm several times--I don't know how much it can add, but I've seen as much as 80 % additional Lightning damage, which ends up being quite a bit. When speced well the Maelstrom with hit for about 150 lightning, have roughly 140 accuracy plus 15-16 penetration. That should take care of a vast portion of the game. In addition, the build sports a 50% graze to hit conversion which can last roughly for 45 seconds, or much more, if we're using the priest's version. That means that the build will be hitting itself consistently. 

One question I have to you guys is, how can we stack as much Will as possible, because we really don't want Arcane Dampener to hit.

Concelhaut will be an interesting fight and I will be giving it a few tries to see which trick sticks better. 

Any fun things you think the build can do? Give me a shout :).

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Hello, how's it going, guys?

I was having this feeling that I want to stomp the game a little bit, so I thought about making a Thaumaturge of Wael. I do run a few other characters, too, but they end up being either a bit too slow or too straightforward...I thought that Thaumaturge's variety will be a nice change. I will do just a solo run with a few God challanges on and then after a break probably do a full TCS with as many Challanges on as possible. 

The strongest nuke the build will have will be Maelstroms from scrolls, though the build won't be using that all the time, for sure. Basically, buff up, apply two time extensions, then nuke yourself and everything else with Maelstroms. Having either Deltro's Cage equipped, or any item that gives us Fire armour will make the Maelstrom hit us with Lightning damage only, which means it will buff up Deltro's Cage Helm several times--I don't know how much it can add, but I've seen as much as 80 % additional Lightning damage, which ends up being quite a bit. When speced well the Maelstrom with hit for about 150 lightning, have roughly 140 accuracy plus 15-16 penetration. That should take care of a vast portion of the game. In addition, the build sports a 50% graze to hit conversion which can last roughly for 45 seconds, or much more, if we're using the priest's version. That means that the build will be hitting itself consistently. 

One question I have to you guys is, how can we stack as much Will as possible, because we really don't want Arcane Dampener to hit.

Concelhaut will be an interesting fight and I will be giving it a few tries to see which trick sticks better. 

Any fun things you think the build can do? Give me a shout :).

The way the helm works now is seperate instances of damage taken (lightning) do not stack. So if you take 20 lightning damage you get a 20% lash for 15 sec? If you subsequently take 50 lightning damage you get a 50% lash for 15 sec. 

Yeah, thanks for clarifying, dude. 

BTW, some testing...

G9hJDbm.png

R4EMUQu.png

The good thing is that the lash is applied instantly after taking the hit, but why it is adding 146 from 141 is beyond me.  

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Again for the slower among us, can you give a bit more visibility to what is happening here.  You are using Deltro Cage helm and standing in a Great Malstrom you cast from a scroll ... and since it hits you, it gives you a lash?   What are you self-bufifng with to get those numbers, besides the helm?  And don't you need Arcana 15+ to use the scroll?  Also, I presume this is PoTD?

Yeah, just a basic 15 arcana with nothing else than the Electrically Dyslexic helm. It's only a test. If you want to reproduce, you have to find a way to reduce your Shock armour or increase your Fire armour to force the Maelstrom to give you Shock dmg only. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Nery... The Dragon is here. I'm so bad with names. The build is kind of complete now(I think there are still things I can tweak). It keeps rolling the Dice of RNWaelsus in order to see whether it's gonna do a lot, more, or even more damage. 

This is not cherry picking between various rolls, btw. It's literally the first try on the BoW dragon. 

All in all I really like how the build came out. It's fun. Will be going through SSS soon and for the first time, as well. 

• Like 1

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Belranga--The Fallout Spider. 

Be good to yourself, guys. Eat your Shark Soup and enjoy. 

I did the fight with antidotes--it's more fiddly; this is more chilled out. Equip at the end. 

I wanted to say, have a shot for every scroll I've used in the fight. 

• Like 2

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Yeah, the build is coming soon :). Tomorrow or day after. 

If you go through the world map(you still have to know where to look), you will get around maybe 80 Primal Fires and maybe 50 Primal Winds. You can also just wait at Cuitztli's for 26 hours and she will supply them over and over again, though that one is more RNG dependent. I usually keep 50 Maelstroms, 20 Meteor Showers, 20-25 Potions of Ascention and Potions of Perfect Strikes each in my inventory plus all the rest of the stuff I like to use. So as far as prep time between battles is concerned--I just top up and move on.

It's only this particular fight that is so scroll intensive x). For the most part all it takes is one Maelstrom. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png