Music not playing according to the area & other issues

Shoryn

Question

Hey everyone !

Since 3.0 patch I noticed several issues with music, either I have no music at all (happened in Poko Kohara until I got to the middle of the 2nd level, before that I had the ambient sound but no music even in combat, even against the titan), or that theme from PoE1 (iirc, the very first area theme before Cilant Lis) is playing in loop, 4 or 5 times until I get the correct theme for the area (happens in Neketaka for example).

Sometimes this theme from PoE1 starts playing and the correct area theme is playing at the same time causing an ugly overlap and after a few seconds the PoE1 theme stops and the area music starts playing accordingly again, even when changing areas (tested in Neketaka this evening).

Secondly, in french version of the game the new checkbox in the audio options has no description or tooltip.

Also, when I load a savegame, I sometimes have a bug where all of my crew food/drinks are consumed in one second (with a column of -food -drink appearing on the right of the screen) or the crew getting suddenly paid 1000 times, or both at the same time... Usually doesn't happen if I close the game and relaunch it until it fires again.

And last but not least : I started this playthrough 10 days ago in PotD ; I happened to check the difficulty yesterday and noticed the slider went back to easy... I don't know why since I didn't change the difficulty myself, and I don't know when it changed either. I thought the difficulty could not be changed if PotD was chosen at the beginning. At least I didn't do "important" stuff (mostly clearing secondary quests before going to Hasongo), but still, it's weird. Does anyone has had the same experience ?

Thanks for the help

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

Hi Shoryn,

We are currently looking into the audio issues you've reported in this post and we are aware of the ship resources issue as well. As for the difficulty issue you are reporting, could you please provide us with your save file so that we may investigate further? You can either provide your save file via a Dropbox link or email us at support@obsidian.com with your save file attached. If you do email us, please link this forum post and provide your forum username so that we may easily identify you.

Thanks!

Hi Jlee and thank you for your answer.

I saw indeed in other threads that the music "issue" was coming from the new night-time music feature. In my humble opinion, there should be a way to disable it, as I think it breaks a lot of the atmosphere by playing a theme from Dyrwood (which was great for this place) in the Deadfire (not so great here).

If I remember correctly I didn't see that feature mentioned in the patch notes, but maybe I missed it... So now I know it's not a bug but a feature, even if I think it needs some polish.

When I had no music in Poko Kohara, it was a night time. And by the time I reached the 2nd floor maybe it was daytime so the music started playing. That may come from this new feature as well ?

For the difficulty 'bug' (still trying to figure out what could have caused the difficulty to switch by itself) here's my latest savegame. I don't know if savegames keep some kind of history of difficulty changes but well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0e1gdlphvwf1vvo/Zereyn%20%283b861637-176b-4f37-b5e2-7df74b582385%29%20%28LAX-12ABCDEF%29%20autosave_0.savegame?dl=0

Hi again,

It seems that I also am experiencing the "item disenchanting" bug explained in https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105920-downgradingdisenchanting-of-quality-and-unique-gear/

I did some fights in Hasongo against Nagas (just outside the building with the save file I provided) and looted 2 "fine bows" that are of normal quality and not fine, amongst other fine bows.

Playing with some berath's blessings (+2 stats, +2 skills, 5000 pands and the berath merchant in Maje), potd.