Request for a new Ranger multi-class melee build

I’m also interested. Since we just guild the Streetfighter/Goldpact and the Devoted /Goldpact I feel like we may want to explore Ghost Hart /Goldpact?

The new claw ability is certainly enticing :)

I’m not sure how ranger stats work or what’s most important in terms of DPS/Defense for them but I’ll give a kick at starting stats.

STR - High

CON - Base

DEX - High

PER - MAX

INT - High/Base

RES - High/Base

Let’s do this thing :)

Ideally I’d be building for solo play mind you.

Edited by diamondsforever
  • Like 1

I've done stalker/barbarian and it was pretty fun! You can make yourself quite tanky with the stalkers' and barbarian's defensive passives put together. Pick a boar pet and wear regen gear = decent tank (good defense + regen) and decent damage. Predator's sense works perfect with blood frenzy.

Str - high (damage)

Con - spare points here (your choice, i generally like the survivability and better use of blooded buffs from barb/human/bloody links)

Dex - base (adding points adds very little actual speed)

Per - high (MUST HAVE)

int - spare points here (depending on preferences you can pump this a bit instead of con, for longer buffs)

Res - dump (very easily compensated elsewhere)

• Like 1

I've done stalker/barbarian and it was pretty fun! You can make yourself quite tanky with the stalkers' and barbarian's defensive passives put together. Pick a boar pet and wear regen gear = decent tank (good defense + regen) and decent damage. Predator's sense works perfect with blood frenzy.

Str - high (damage)

Con - spare points here (your choice, i generally like the survivability and better use of blooded buffs from barb/human/bloody links)

Per - high (MUST HAVE)

int - spare points here (depending on preferences you can pump this a bit instead of con, for longer buffs)

What about skills though? ;)

Str - high (damage)

Per - high (MUST HAVE)

First decide what you want to play. I enjoyed play testing the builds I wanted to try. Then refine it down.

Str - high (damage)

Per - high (MUST HAVE)

First decide what you want to play. I enjoyed play testing the builds I wanted to try. Then refine it down.

Still debating - I've narrowed it down to Ranger/Paladin (more likely) or Ranger/Fighter.

I think Hunter's Claw may get nerfed, so I want to take advantage of it now ;)

Str - high (damage)

Per - high (MUST HAVE)

Still debating - I've narrowed it down to Ranger/Paladin (more likely) or Ranger/Fighter.

Both your combos have more self healing capability than barb/ranger,but no boost to attackspeed. Up to you!

Str - high (damage)

Per - high (MUST HAVE)

I don't think it should be nerfed. It's cumbersome to use and has a huge opportunity cost (you don't use other Ranger active abilities). It only shines after several encounters... when you may not meet that many enemies from a given race anymore. Also it doesn't stack with other "big" accuracy boosts.

Personally I'd probably use it with something like a monk (can capitalize on accuracy->crits with free attacks, provides speed, damage lashes, blade turning melee defense, decent special attacks) or trickster (can stack high defense, deal solid sneak+ability damage, terrify enemies and riposte) - to have more damage dealing capability in the other half of the character.

Or go nuts and go pure for Whirling Strikes/Twinned Arrow/Heartseeker.

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

Str - high (damage)

Per - high (MUST HAVE)

I don't think it should be nerfed. It's cumbersome to use and has a huge opportunity cost (you don't use other Ranger active abilities). It only shines after several encounters... when you may not meet that many enemies from a given race anymore. Also it doesn't stack with other "big" accuracy boosts.

Personally I'd probably use it with something like a monk (can capitalize on accuracy->crits with free attacks, provides speed, damage lashes, blade turning melee defense, decent special attacks) or trickster (can stack high defense, deal solid sneak+ability damage, terrify enemies and riposte) - to have more damage dealing capability in the other half of the character.

Or go nuts and go pure for Whirling Strikes/Twinned Arrow/Heartseeker.

Huh?and what you mean by saying that "you don't use other Ranger activities." Can you explain? And what does it not stack with?

Well, it costs 2 Bond to use it once for a +1 bonus (or +2 if dual wielding and both attacks hit). So to get 20 stacks, you need minimum 20 Bond (provided that you dual wield and all attacks connect, which isn't particularly likely). Or 40 Bond for one weapon, if all attacks hit. That's a minimum of 2 (4) encounters, probably more.

It is possible to improve the amount of stacks gained using Whispers of the Endless Paths aoe cone attack or Wahai Poraga while surrounded, but it's not exactly easy and probably not always possible.

If you spend ALL Bond on minimum 2 encounters to get max stacks, then this hardly leaves Bond to use stuff like Concussive Tranquilizer, Accurate Wounding Shot, Evasive Fire, Thorny Spikes or companion abilities (Takedown Combo?).

And it does not stack with Cipher's Borrowed Instinct (self only) and probably also Priest's Devotions of the Faithful (aoe), Paladin's aura, Monk's Enduring Dance and probably a few other things.

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

Well, it costs 2 Bond to use it once for a +1 bonus (or +2 if dual wielding and both attacks hit). So to get 20 stacks, you need minimum 20 Bond (provided that you dual wield and all attacks connect, which isn't particularly likely). Or 40 Bond for one weapon, if all attacks hit. That's a minimum of 2 (4) encounters, probably more.

It is possible to improve the amount of stacks gained using Whispers of the Endless Paths aoe cone attack or Wahai Poraga while surrounded, but it's not exactly easy and probably not always possible.

If you spend ALL Bond on minimum 2 encounters to get max stacks, then this hardly leaves Bond to use stuff like Concussive Tranquilizer, Accurate Wounding Shot, Evasive Fire, Thorny Spikes or companion abilities (Takedown Combo?).

And it does not stack with Cipher's Borrowed Instinct (self only) and probably also Priest's Devotions of the Faithful (aoe), Paladin's aura, Monk's Enduring Dance and probably a few other things.

I re-read the description, and you are right. I thought you apply the mark once, and that's it; but it looks like it stacks only when you use the active ability.

As for the accuracy buff itself: WTF? I use Zeal of Focus and Devotions of the Faithful anyways. So I'd only gain 5 Accuracy with Hunter's Claw? Not as useful then.

The mid level ranger power pools when you gain the base ability aren't that high to stack it quickly and it pretty much makes you commit to one race for a good chunk of the game to take advantage of it at its peak stack since the ramp up from resetting it is super costly.  The upgraded tier is also kind of deep to get to so any dps or tank builds that would have revolved around it won't see its secondary benefits until much later into the game. 

Edited by Metaturtle

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-