Many people say, it's too easy in a group.

Divinity OS had the Lone Wolf system. You still had 2 "party"-members, but you got your attributes etc. higher than normal, for playing only as 2 instead of 4. In the second game, you can play completely solo with Lone Wolf.

But the best system had Diablo 2 / LoD. The enemies in the game grew stronger, the more player were in the game.

In Deadfire it would be easy. The difficult scaling on potd upscaled would be 0% for solo, and for each more party member +25% more hp / damage etc. for the enemies, up to +100% for 5 in a group (only the MC does not count).

They could make that kind of scaling optional. I personally dont enjoy scaling as it makes it seems like the world rather than existing regardless of the player, exists for the player and contantly adapts to the player, making it seem more like a dream than an actual world. But i dont mind if its simply an option.

Lone Wolf was heavily overtuned in both DOS1 and DOS2 and you want to introduce it to all balunz purists around here? You'll get crucified ;)

Unless you mean the patched version, because this ability was nerfed into uselesness in both Definitive Editions.

This is one of the better ideas I've seen around here, tho.

• Like 1

Lone Wolf was heavily overtuned in both DOS1 and DOS2 and you want to introduce it to all balunz purists around here? You'll get crucified ;)

Unless you mean the patched version, because this ability was nerfed into uselesness in both Definitive Editions.

This is one of the better ideas I've seen around here, tho.

Really? I played only the DE from the first game, but not lone wolf :> The game is even on classic not that easy until you get hail storm or rain of arrows.

Many people say, it's too easy in a group.

Divinity OS had the Lone Wolf system. You still had 2 "party"-members, but you got your attributes etc. higher than normal, for playing only as 2 instead of 4. In the second game, you can play completely solo with Lone Wolf.

But the best system had Diablo 2 / LoD. The enemies in the game grew stronger, the more player were in the game.

In Deadfire it would be easy. The difficult scaling on potd upscaled would be 0% for solo, and for each more party member +25% more hp / damage etc. for the enemies, up to +100% for 5 in a group (only the MC does not count).

And Diablo3, and the whole Borderlands saga ;)

That is a pretty good idea, however I'm concerned about the difficulty implementing this.

There are "hard" caps when it comes to, for instance, buffing a monster's deflection.

You go 10 points too high and it just cannot be hit unless you roll a 100.